FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vue d'esprit 5 infinte uses up all the ram with echo systems

PriDe
i don't know if anyone is profecient in vue d'esprite 5 infinte in this forum .. but i'm running in a bit of a problem. Should echo systems take all that much memory to create..i created a plain .. and two mountains with echo systems and vue told me that i ran out of memry...currently have 2GB ram with an additional 500Mb additonal virtual memo ry so i had assumed that memory wouldn't be a problem. Have i got a bad copy of the program or is it supposed to use up all the ram...10ks guys .. wait for some answers
ninjakannon
Although I don't have the program I was thinking about getting it. To current my knowledge of programs like vue d'esprit 5 infinite I would not think that it would use up that much RAM. Yes, they need quite a bit, but I wouldn't think that vue 5 would need even 2GB.

Ahh, I just checked the system requirements:
Quote:
Macintosh:
• Mac OS X v10.3+,
• 1.25GHz G4+ processor or faster,
• 512 MB of free RAM (1GB recommended),
• 100 MB of free Hard Disk space,
• 1024x768 in 65K colors/16 bits (24+ bits recommended).

Windows:
• Windows 2000/XP,
• 1.5GHz Pentium III or better processor,
• 512 MB of free RAM (1GB recommended),
• 100 MB of free Hard Disk space,
• 1024x768 in 65K colors/16 bits (24+ bits recommended).

An OpenGL accelerated video board is not required, but is a big plus.
Multi-processor rendering is only available on all multi-processor OS X, 2000 and XP Pro systems.

It looks like there's something wrong if you're running out of RAM. But it may not be the program itself, are you running loads of other programs on the same computer? If so, they may be using up all the RAM.

Hope you get this fixed Wink
PriDe
nope m8. just had windows and msn loaded together with vue and it only runs out of memory when i use echo systems otherwise it's okej. i read that echo systems do take up a LOT of ram because of the amount of polygons that they create. In my particular example oveer 2 billion polygons where being used so i guess it ain't a problem on simply my pc. If anyone has the program and can tested out pls post any results you may have optained. 10ks ninjakannon for your support Cool