FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3D Art

Which do you think is the best?
A:
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
B:
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

PriDe
This is my latest 3D picture i worked on ... created just under 6hrs from intial idea until final result ... made two different versions of this thou...can't figure out which one is the best lol ... opinions appreciated:

A:

B:

Chracters posed and rendered in poser 6...post rendering and effects in photoshop....lighting and fire was created using alien skin plugins for photoshop
venc
nice, work, though I dotn have a preference 10/10
dragonflame
that is pretty awesome. I've played with Poser 6 a bit myself. Ill post some of my works here sometime.
Hanpusu-kun
Nice work, but the shadows does not fit into the backgrounds >_<
tefa_taftaf2010
Greaaaaaaaat designs .....

r u know ... the second one is most homogeneous ,, the lights ,, fire
and also the clouds more bright...

and the tree in the first one ,,, i think it's unfit...

Great work PriDe..

Smile
djcaution
combine the bottom-left of exibit A with the top-right of exibit B Idea
Josso
I'm getting dead links.
kaikou
I'm getting a dead link for B...

As for A... the shadows are kinda ruining the pic for me. They don't fit the background at all.

That said, this is a lot better than I could ever do with Poser! Minus the background, I think this is great.
noliver
Nice Work. I normally model cars ( example posted here somewhere ) and lately I have done a few bikes.
Kashinilaya
Definitelly B is the best. Seems like a fight between good and evil, so the blue background should be on the side of the figure who represent the good and the red background should surround the evil caracter. Very nice output. maybe you should work a little bit more on the shadows...
Josso
Ok, seems to be fixed now. Definatly B, shows the contrast between good and evil much better and the tree kind of wrecks it in A.
KSheriff
I'd say B is better.

Question, did you actually model/texture both characters in less that 6 hours? That's some pretty blistering speed.

Crits, right now I don't find the lighting very consistent. The demon character should probably have a red-ish underlight as to eliminate that hard shadow under his chest. Also, the floating shadows make no sense at all. I would say take them out completely.

The poses themselves are a bit awkward, as they both appear to be planted at or around groud level. The shadows could be throwing me off, but even still I think the poses could be tweaked.