FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pet substitute? (Nintendogs)

trickstott
Ok, so has anyone out there played Nintendogs on the Nintendo DS?

I'm moving to an apartment that will not allow pets, but I will miss my cat dearly. (Don't worry, Miss Face has a new home.) How does Nintendogs work as a surrogate pet? Something to wean me away from noticing the empty space in my life where my cat used to be.

Thanks,
Trick
pennymellow
Nintendogs is absolutely adorable. It's terribly interactive--a little frustrating at times--and, while you'd think that some things (such as taking your dogs for a walk and teaching them tricks) would become boring after a while, this is definately not the case. Interacting with the puppies is a lot of fun.

It doesn't compare to a real pet, of course, but I found that I grew very fond of my pets very quickly. When I restarted my first game it was with a very heavy heart; writing this, I'm still a little sad that Bean and Waggy are gone forever. Ah, the memories...

Uhem. Anyway, you should definately pick up a copy and give the game a try. It's oodles of fun, duck, and you won't be disappointed.
Traveller
What I would like to have is a Sony Aibo, but I'd have to receive one as a gift - I couldn't possibly afford it.
trickstott
My brother has Chihuahuas, and let me tell you, they sure do stink. Perhaps it is a dog thing, I would not know since I have always had cats, but those puppies sure smell bad.

The Sony Aibo seems like a pretty clever cure for the "my pet is just a smelly freeloader" problem.
fizz-pop
well, I haven't actually played nintendogs, although i wish dearly that i had one. I have heard from others, though, that they are great and very realistic. I would say you should probably go for it, get a nintendog.
triggerhappy
i have never seen one, or heard of it until now i will go check it out i can't wait Smile
Icantation
My brother has it but it never beats a real dog. I love denver!