FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should technology be introduced in football?

Should technology be introduced in football?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Shin
After reading the "false ref" posts, it makes me think more and more people have strong feeling against the referees.

I always think new technology is available to help the situation. Why they don't use it? A lot of sports have already adopted technology to assist refereeing, like fencing, 100m sprint, rugby, etc. Why football refuse to evolve? Is that because referee afraid of losing job? (you gotta kidding me.. Smile)

If I was a referee I would more welcome the assistant. And it helps protecting the referees as well. Some referees get killed for making wrong decisions (even good decisions), because when things go wrong, people tends to find someone to blame. Poor referees are usually the scapegoats.

I think FIFA should not be afraid of bringing new technologies to the game, and don't worry too much of machine making mistakes. Besides will machine make more mistakes then human? More importantly, if the wrong decision is made by machines, people tends to swallow it better, and no one gets hurt.
Tumbleweed
I think it will be introduced eventually into professional football, lets face it in the big televised games we can watch replays seconds after any incident , making us all instant ref's and giving us a better view than the ref half the time, we can see the intent in a players face when maybe he has his back to the ref, we can see players actually leave the ground and dive before there even tackled , we can see if he was actually offside or not , sometimes it seems that the ref's and there assistants either can't keep up with the game or are inept/corrupt when we have the luxury of T.V replays but I think technology for the ball crossing the goal line and offsides should be introduced asap to help free up the ref's assistants so they can become more of a sideline referee like there title would suggest rather than the linesmen that they used to be and in reality still are
llobo1
I think that technology could be an important addition to football. On the other hand, part of the fun of football is people complaining about the wrong decisions made by the referee/linesman etc. What are the coaches going to whine about if we take this away. Think of all of those boring, dreary press conferances after the games. Every coach will be forced to say the same old cliches "we played well today" etc. You know what I mean.

I also think that techonology could also improve the game to stop some of the awful diving in football and the fouls which are missed by the referee.

Also, should the FA/officials be able to award red/yellow cards to players after the match has ended? (sorry a bit off topic).
cmfi_germany
[Shin]After reading the "false ref" posts, it makes me think more and more people have strong feeling against the referees.

I always think new technology is available to help the situation. Why they don't use it? A lot of sports have already adopted technology to assist refereeing, like fencing, 100m sprint, rugby, etc. Why football refuse to evolve? Is that because referee afraid of losing job? (you gotta kidding me.. Smile)

If I was a referee I would more welcome the assistant. And it helps protecting the referees as well. Some referees get killed for making wrong decisions (even good decisions), because when things go wrong, people tends to find someone to blame. Poor referees are usually the scapegoats.

I think FIFA should not be afraid of bringing new technologies to the game, and don't worry too much of machine making mistakes. Besides will machine make more mistakes then human? More importantly, if the wrong decision is made by machines, people tends to swallow it better, and no one gets hurt.[/Shin]

There has been so much conflicts in Soccer because of the eyes and the corrupt minds of some referees. So technology would help to reduice that kind of things. So iīm for.
Hoogeveense RAT
Yes, it is better that we will use technology in future because now there are made a lot of mistakes with very bad consequences'. Hooliganism in Italy during the match Catania - Palermo, because the referee made big mistakes Sad
SGbilder
Yes - as long as it wont hurt the game!
roninmedia
Yes, but there must be a clear set of rules guiding us to when exactly it will be used.

For example, would they do it after a final match when there was a blatant error like a miscounted goal and replay the match?
theem
Well i think technology must be amplified into every sports !
yeah i voted for yes !
because i think it should be introduced to football and other sports too Idea
skynet
I think that yes.
Technology should be involve in the football, as it used in tennis.
There is no problem in this point, it only can help the referees..

So the Answer is yes.
Josh
No, Not right now. They already have the challenge review thing and I think that's enough for right now. They could maybe get rid of the pole people and send a yellow line across the actual field like they do on TV so the players know where there at and how far they have to go but i think that's all for right now
roninmedia
Josh wrote:
No, Not right now. They already have the challenge review thing and I think that's enough for right now. They could maybe get rid of the pole people and send a yellow line across the actual field like they do on TV so the players know where there at and how far they have to go but i think that's all for right now

They're talking football as in soccer. Not American Football. Wink