FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Muse's new album

kazikame
Anyone else got it?

I think knights of cydonia Is one of the best songs ever recorded.
lujango
is this on sale now? in amazon is only for pre-order Crying or Very sad
snowboardalliance
I've only heard one new song on the radio but it sounded pretty cool.
AftershockVibe
It's released and available now, at least in the UK. I would have thought the US would have the same date.

You're right, Knights of Cydonia is awesome.
Kaneda
AftershockVibe wrote:
It's released and available now, at least in the UK. I would have thought the US would have the same date.

You're right, Knights of Cydonia is awesome.

Nah, it's not out in the US until the 11th. Great album (with some addendums), very varied - maybe a bit TOO varied - I have a bit of a hard time seeing it as a unified work. But definitely stuffed with ideas and citations... Tchaikovsky more than Rachmaninov this time (direct quote in Hoodoo), Spaghetti Westerns... And Muse have gone all-out on the Doctor Who stuff at places... Must admit I like the less-overtly-70s-synth-style and more subtle lyrics of songs like New Born better. Smile

Some of this (but not all) has a very conscious dated feel to it, dated in a way that the best 70s and 80s prog rock to this day mostly isn't - and Origin of Symmetry and Absolution weren't. Again, this is certainly a conscious decision by Muse, but at least after a few listens, it doesn't get under my skin...

But still, lots to appreciate here. Knight of Cydonia isn't my favorite track, though - sounds a bit too much like an annoying soundtrack to an 80s video game to me, interspersed with glam rock choir Smile
cyph33r
Will have to give it a listen when it comes out then.
To me, most Muse songs sound very similar, so I wonder if this album will bring out something new.
My favourite album so far was Origin Of Symmetry.
anxiety1
i think ist really good,

i dont think its there best album ever, but there are some brillant tracks, i well like starlight.

i love the piano on that song

and of course knights.... is just brillant