FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver, Flash, Firefox..

bercha
What's the difference betweent those softwares? They all used to designed a website right?
orcaz
Not really. Dreamweaver is indeed used to design a web page, however, not for the other two. Firefox is an Internet Browser, something like your Internet Explorer, while Flash creates those animations on web pages.
romaop
Orcaz just gave you the answers. I'll just confirm them and tell you other software to create webpages.
Dreamweaver has other alternatives like Frontpage or Adobe GoLive. You can also make a whole site with Flash but that will be harder to do.

Flash is also an application software for the net. You may use a special software to convert a flash to an executable file. It's called Zinc v2.5, and with that you may create an application that may be distributed on a CD-ROM (because flash is meant for internet only).

And what about Notepad? Yes, you can build your webpages with that but it will be harder (you'll have to write a lot of code). It's like inventing the wheel when the wheel already exists.

Personally Dreamweaver is the best choice.
Panthrowzay
NO ITS NOT. Notepad rocks and Notepad2 is even better! if you know code it is better, notepad creates more streamline pages, no juck. Like to many DIV and BR and P and other unsued code, its for making pages that you can take apart and tune.

Firefox is used to display pages built by notepad or what ever it adds the graphical element of testing. but IE does the same thing but it may render diffently.
bercha
but i heard that dreamweaver is very expensive... anyone knows other program that could do similiar things as dreamweaver?
Panthrowzay
<Removed by WuMingsDen>

Notepad2 if you don't mine typing, or WYSISYG PHp editor i have it on my account. or frontpage, or word (yes word) or powerpoint.
megamass
bercha wrote:
but i heard that dreamweaver is very expensive... anyone knows other program that could do similiar things as dreamweaver?

<Removed by WuMingsDen>
Stubru Freak
Panthrowzay wrote:
NO ITS NOT. Notepad rocks and Notepad2 is even better! if you know code it is better, notepad creates more streamline pages, no juck. Like to many DIV and BR and P and other unsued code, its for making pages that you can take apart and tune.

Firefox is used to display pages built by notepad or what ever it adds the graphical element of testing. but IE does the same thing but it may render diffently.

gedit is even better!

But really, I don't think you should be allowed to design web pages if you don't know what Firefox is.
jefry66
dreamweaver is for webdesign, flash for banners or other graphical stuf, and firefox is a browser.
I think that everybody have to know that firefox a browser is
Hogwarts
Don't you mean Fireworks?
If so, fireworks is a graphics editing program. Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Flash all go together with a couple of other programs to form Studio 8 (If it's flash fireworks and dreamweaver 8 ).

Dreamweaver is the best program for web design you will possibly ever find.

Flash is for making games, videos, applets etc. It uses a script called Actionscript which is simple to learn and the inbuilt script helper will help you learn how to do actionscript.

EDIT:
Added a space between 8 and ) so it did not form a Cool
sgwreviews
Hogwarts wrote:
Don't you mean Fireworks?

Jeah, I think he meant this program as it is part of the 'Studio'.
You could compare Fireworks with an easier version of Photoshop. You can't do as much with it, but it's more than enough for the regular user.
socialoutcast
Has anyone every used editpad? It's a really nice text editor with the ability to open multiple files in one window. I use it as a replacement for the default windows notepad.

You can get it here: http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

This is the free lite version which is still packed with features. it's the best.
staticflow
Hi everyone,

just confirming many of the things already stated in this forum and ofering some of my own experience with the programs.

the three programs from the macromedia (now adobe) suite: Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks are all very much web focused.

Arrow Dreamweaver writes lovely html, xml, css, etc.. and the new version 8 makes cascading style sheet (css) editing an absolute delight, it is mainly used for building websites or just simply linking them after you create them in photoshop (I'll explain later).

Arrow Flash is a vector based animation program that can be used for anything from making a simple banner ad on a site to designing a fully database driven website, this is one of my personal favorites.

Arrow Fireworks is a graphics editing program much like photoshop, admitedly with less (many less) features however it's integration with dreamweaver makes it easy to work with and it has a nice vector ability that makes designing those little graphics for your webpage very easy and fast.

Idea Just to follow up on my previous statement about building websites in photoshop, yes, you can do it and it does it quite well. the combination of photoshop and imageready (which comes with photoshop) is perfectly able to handle web page creation, however, dreamweaver is useful for linking the pages together as the imageready code isn't exactly neat.

I guess that just about raps it up, hope this was helpful to some of you.
rayx
Firefox(MOZILLA) is a type of internet browser that u can use for your PC. A cross-platform software that can be use on MS Window, Linux. . . !
Firefox is just like as the Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera. . .
internetjobs
flash and dreamweaver is very useful for website deisign...

Flash MX is most using software for banners in websites...