FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is your favorite mouse?

sharp
Old style roller-ball? or optical tracking? scroll wheel?

I personally appreciate the optical with the scroll wheel that moves side to side... non-wireless

did you know what mouse stands for?

Manually
Operated
User
Signal
Encoder
{name here}
I have a mouse with a ball and a scroll wheel. I've had annoying problems with the laser mice - the cursor will randomly move to the edge of the screen while I'm moving the mouse. I've used the old fashioned ball mouse ever since.
Hogwarts
I love my mouse..

It's optical and it has a wire and a scroll bar... But then on the left and right side it has 2 extra buttons. All up, it has 5 buttons and a scroll wheel.

Got it off my brother for my birthday last year.
Jaiye
logitech mx510/610 or razer mice are my favorite.
Alpha Dude
My preference: Optical +Wireless Smile

Technology
Without
An
Interesting
Name

TWAIN Wink
meet in rio
I have optical, although I found it quite therapeutic to clean the inside of my rollerball mouse as I was waiting for the computer to start up, so I kinda sorta miss it. Yes, I'm silly.

I'm actually quite adept at using a touchpad now, and tend to use that rather than a mouse if there's an option. Closer to the keyboard!
IceNinjaa
im a fan of the wireless/optical combo. just got a logitech v200 for my laptop so i can play games mostly. its a nice deep red. works well too... although i like to use the touch pad as well.
hahame
i like my hand mouse
Andrew426
Optical/corded/scrollwheel.

I had an old ball mouse, but I got sick of having to clean all the crud off the rollers, so I got this optical one off my brother.

He added a blue LED to the back of it (he said there was space for another LED in the circuit, but it didnt come with one so he added it in)
Donutey
optical and wired, although since my bad experience with an early wireless mouse, I've heard they've gotten better... so I may switch back
Scorpio
Donutey wrote:
optical and wired, although since my bad experience with an early wireless mouse, I've heard they've gotten better... so I may switch back

My friend has a wireless one from HP,
and it guzzles down the battery power

He uses 2 AA size batteries and it gets exhausted in 4 days
Thatguy
I'm a fan of the wired optical mice, although I wouldn't mind getting one of those touchpads. It would make Photoshop work sooo much easier.
Alpha Dude
meet in rio wrote:
I have optical, although I found it quite therapeutic to clean the inside of my rollerball mouse as I was waiting for the computer to start up, so I kinda sorta miss it. Yes, I'm silly.

lol, I thought I was the only one! Seriously, when you take all the junk out you think "I've accomplished something", even though that 'accomplishment' only lasts for a fleeting moment...

Quote:
I'm actually quite adept at using a touchpad now, and tend to use that rather than a mouse if there's an option. Closer to the keyboard!

I forgot to mention, I use a touchpad/optical mouse combo...
Rocky3478
I really like the Tilt-Wheel equipped optical mice, with about 5 buttons. Not too complicated, yet much more functional then an ordinary mouse. Cool
tefa_taftaf2010
I have optical one

its the best i use it 's also wired

i dont like the wireless one Laughing Laughing
psycosquirrel
Laser and wired. Keep it light with an incredible precision so gaming is consistent and aiming does not vary.
fever
An optical wired scroll mouse is best for me.
Wireless mouse have one disticnt disadvantage - batteries run down much too fast.
That is why i prefer the wired optical scroll mouse.
Razz
JayDoubleM
i love my microsoft optical mouse with wheel....
very basic but couldnt imagine a better mouse
Donutey
On that note, I just bought a new Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 optical/wired with a magnification button that's really useful in the gimp.
b4r4t
InteliMouse Optical 3.0 Smile The best mouse I've everh had:)
Ergonomic, precision, good situated buttons - gr8 Job Smile
SGbilder
I have an optical, wireless with scroll-wheel and a lot of butons... =)
Legalnonresident
microsoft wireless explorer 2.0 is what i use... its really nice and smooth
izcool
Microsoft Optical Mouse by S+ARCK.

I love it because :

- Sleek design
- Optical
- USB connection
- It's by Microsoft
- Both sides of the mouse act as the buttons
- Scroller wheel on it
- Mine's with the blue lighted streak (they have an orange one)
- It was cheap, around $20.00

Photos :

- Mike.
photon
i like using an optical mouse. i have a microsoft intellimouse optical right now, with 5 buttons. very useful for gaming and browsing
bugra9
A4Tech + Optical +Wireless + Scrollwheel + 4 button Very Happy
kiranaghor
Apple Mighty Mouse!
rocks!
bsrkaditya
Ball Mouses p2 port..
The only mouse i ever used.
bnbrown
I have A4 Tech wire - wanto change to logitech wireless optical
dotnet
For a long time I am fan for Logitech's Exclamation mice. I use Logitech MouseMan opticat+wire+4bts+scroll several years and believe it's the best device for pointing. This mouse is very comfortable for hand(but only for right hand!) and has excellent precise.
By the way, I also dislike wireless devices for desktop computer. Why somebody need their?? Question You hold your system block VERY far from mouse/kbd?
Xeniczone
optical Mighty mouse. Definetly rocks. You can't see the buttons but you can still use them.
tamilchild
Light mouse is very effective than ball mouse

Light mouse has following advantages over ball mouse

1. It have no wear and tear
2. Low maintenance cost
3. No cleaning is required
4. It is easy to candle

I like light mouse Laughing
mikajoh
My Logitech G5, it has a almost unmatchable precision and is very comfortable to use not only in games, but in other applications as well.
fionab
I love my Microsoft® IntelliMouse® Explorer for Bluetooth™ I do alot of Photoshop and photography editing and the presion is great. It is a nice big mouse that fits nicely into your hand. I was finding I would get crams from working long hours with a normal mouse. This is the way to go if you do alot of precision work or work long hours at the PC.
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=84d9839f-f07a-43cc-89e4-cb571cd205c9&crumb=srch&qu=mouse&gpid=8b6df56b-4657-4124-9d8f-3a150ac859d6
kany
Well i have used the optical and the ball mouse but its not this difference that makes a mark. Its the difference between the manufactureres that makes the difference. I had been using the hp mouse and worked really smoothly but changed it for another mouse with a scroll from another company because its really handy having the scroll when you go through ebooks and websites a bit more in the length . But since then i have seen a degrade in the quality of the mouse as compared to the mouse i used before.
TomS
Well... I started hating the mice with a ball and changed to optical ones some time ago. First I had one made by Hama but it broke after one year just without any cause...

A very good mouse for a great price is the Microsoft Wheelmouse optical. Its price is about 15€, I'd say that's about 20$. It's very robust and works great. We have had them at school for about 3 years and they still work! And that in a school! just 2 of 50 ones broke but they were thrown all over the room, as far as I am informed.

I really dislike cordless ones. You always have to care 'bout the batteries and I don't really think you need it. I say, it's a waste of money getting one. If you wanna get one with a cord, then take the MS one!
technology.sponge
Logitech cordless dektop mx3000

mcp keyboard with media keys, programmable f keys, zoom, volume, shortcuts, email, messenger etc

and a laser optical mouse... THYE RULE!!!!! they work on ALL surfaces, use lyk 5x less power than optical leds, and u can even use them on your face... don't ask Very Happy
em0o
i prefer logitech over microsoft. Logitech has a rechargable base for you to use with your wireless. I've used a microsoft wireless for years and i went through so many doulble A batteries. it starts costing a fortune after awhile. But then agian, logitech wireless has given me problems when I had to install a fresh version of windows and it didnt detect my keyboard nor mouse. It was soo much trouble to get it started since my plugin keyboard's B was not working I wasnt' able to enter the serial. So essentially there was no way for me to get past installation. I had to return the wireless keyboard I bought and I bought some other one just so i could install windows on my computer.
Nomad
At work I have ball mouse corded and scrollwheel.
At home - optical/corded/scrollwheel (better).
turbosquid
Microsoft optical mouse, no bells or whistles just a basic corded optical mouse that works well. Costs anywhere between £10.00 and £20.00 depending on where you buy.

Why i prefer it:-

1> Optical mice don't clog up with dust and debris as they have no ball.
2> It's acurate, the pointer feels controlled (good for graphic work.)
3> Can be used right or left handed (it's not contoured like some mice.)
4> It's cheap, it's simple.
5> Availiable in White or Black

I have also tried a Microsoft Wireless Optical mouse but i had nothing but trouble with it and ended up throwing it away. I personally would stay clear of wireless mice until they become more stable.
kcw1304
I have a logitech mouse with the ball on top so you don't have to move it around. My wrist likes it much better than a normal mouse for extended time on the computer.
izcool
kcw1304 wrote:
I have a logitech mouse with the ball on top so you don't have to move it around. My wrist likes it much better than a normal mouse for extended time on the computer.

So you're saying that you have a trackball mouse ? (That's the proper name for them).

To add some humor to this thread, this mouse doesn't look that bad. Wink Sorry, I couldn't resist.

- Mike.
kcw1304
izcool wrote:
kcw1304 wrote:

So you're saying that you have a trackball mouse ? (That's the proper name for them).

Yes, thats what I meant, just couldn't remember the technical term Smile thanks!
diduknowthat
Opticals are so last year Very Happy

I have a MX1000 and it's a world apart from my old optical mouse. For one, I can use it on almost any surface and it'll track perfectly. Also, it's soooo comfortable, my hands molds right into it. I love it!
Winterborne
OPTICAL ALL THE WAY! Mousepad's suck
quartz
I use standard Logitech optical mouse with wire. Thats enough for me.
webapp
Optical mouse......Smile
Arno v. Lumig
Logitech cordless optical trackball Wink
Adorable...
Lord Klorel
i have a logitech MX 1000 laser mouse with a tilt wheel.

I like this mouse, because it was many possiblities. The most special feature is the tilt wheel.
For those who never heard about a tilt wheel:

The scroll wheel has the ability to lean to the left and right. It has the main command when you want to scroll from the left to the right and back.

Very handy when a website is larger then your screen.

Click on the picture to enlarge.
fionab
I must say I use a wirless laser mouse @ work and am very happy with it. I am convincided that the bigger mouse that fits your hand in a natural state is the best. The days of using my trackpad on my notebook are definetly over. The only time I use it is if I am traveling and need to do something quickly. But definitley not for any long sessions.
PseudoKnight
{name here} wrote:
I have a mouse with a ball and a scroll wheel. I've had annoying problems with the laser mice - the cursor will randomly move to the edge of the screen while I'm moving the mouse. I've used the old fashioned ball mouse ever since.
This is most likely caused by an improper mouse pad, not the mouse.