FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

whats your best IQ score?

codenameshypher
recently i've taken the oficial IQ test and i got 137 points 19 years university 2nd year. my guide told me that it is something impressing and that i could get in some activities or groups based on that. how did your IQ result infuence you? P.S. also inform about your age and education
schudder
Meh, I took a (group) IQ test 2 years back, got a score of 143 (on an SD=15 scale), which makes me (officially) borderline genius. Truth is I'm a lazy bastard who still manages to pass anything if I bother to look into it.

Knowing my IQ score hasn't changed anything though, it's just enforced my totally misplaced superiority complex.
Panthrowzay
.... hmn why does that sound so freakishly familiar, oh becasue my teacher harp on me about that ALL my teachers hate me for it but im not that high im like 125, but anything i really WANT to learn i learn, any computer code, ive' come in contact with and needed ive mastered the basics in a afternoon a inermete by a week a master by the month, BASIC IS MY SMIGHTING FORCE! i pwg all ti graphing calcs with my power! but spelling and spanish escape me. *sigh* IQ doesn't make you the best at everything just the laziest.
Rhysige
I cant remember my IQ Razz im 17 and still in school.. basically im an average student.. except when it comes to computers, relate anything to technology/computers and I will nail the subject and top the class.

I have tried a few online IQ tests but they all suck Razz i've only ever done one real one.
Panthrowzay
DITTO,... but i ace all computers the Teachers ask ME questions. I spend five minutes doing the work of 30mins normal and yes 17 going on senior.

but the rest i hate to work ive though im smart so my grades are normal, teachers see my records think im 'norma'l, till the second week then, they pull there hair out figueing out how i 'cheated' because the test are all on homework that i never do.
albusa
118 2nd year in the university, I am a totally normal boy
schnitzi
On on-line IQ tests, I regularly score in the 150's, but a) I am one of those naturally gifted test-takers, b) I do puzzles for fun so I know what they're looking for much of the time, and c) I think a lot of those tests are geared to flatter.

I've also taken the Mensa just-for-fun exams and always end up with them heartily encouraging me to join. Of course, they could just be looking for members too. And from what I hear, they're an organization overrun with pseudo-intellectual one-upmanship.
polarBear
According to mensa I'm 134 Razz so bad it only means I can solve more puzzles and remember more places than others below that number.
desertwind
I usually score 160+ in Online IQ tests. I really want to attend a real one.
moonblade
There are tons of different ways to be smart. I know people who score very very low but let them build a house for you and be amazed.

Online tests are just puzzlesolving and the results can be fooled and cheates aswell..

Had a friend doing one of the tests over and over again. If he skipped most of the questions he could get a score close to what he originally ended up with. And that was 135...

Bah.. even the numbers will change from test to test.
mgumn
IQ, as many psychologists will tell you, is not a very good way to measure intelligence
Panthrowzay
EQ. thats the stop.
squirrelmaster
well when i took the online tickle tests i got 120, i was 15 at the time in eighth grade.
i have never took a real IQ test, but i think it would be high because of my genetics, my dad could have been in mensa but turned it down because he didn't like their attitude. and my mom's IQ is around 170, so who knows what i'm capable of Twisted Evil
but i don't really work in school unless im interested, so i have a B average.
BTW im 17 now and a junior
karysky
I'm a third year university student, and my IQ is approximately 130 (varies from 125 to 130, depending on the tests)...

I'm 22 years old, but the age doesn't matter, because if the test is official, they take the age into account.
limrio
Rhysige wrote:
I cant remember my IQ Razz im 17 and still in school.. basically im an average student.. except when it comes to computers, relate anything to technology/computers and I will nail the subject and top the class.

I have tried a few online IQ tests but they all suck Razz i've only ever done one real one.

same in me... I'm 17, 18 next septembre... Ordinary high school.err... College [just graduated from high school 2 months ago Razz]

last time [2 years ago], it's 130 [don't know about the measurement did it use] , In online test I got 200++ [Off course with some tricks and cheating Smile)
UHF123
I did an official Mensa test here in Britain when I was 15 about 19 years ago. It consisted of two tests, language, maths etc and a multiple choice pictures thing. I got 163 although I think IQ testing is highly subjective. I've probably dropped somewhat over the years through no longer being in education I think, read this :

http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2006/04/pushing_your_sk.html

The gist of it is to be doing unfamilar things regularly.
osbits
I want know my IQ but I do not know where to take the test,..
suntzu3500
130-150 depending on the test. Ironically nobody with an average IQ is posting here, perhaps because of embarresment? Razz

That said, I entered college at 14 and am a 3.86 GPA at same. IQ is a measure of potential more than actual education. Some people (like me) who were homeschooled thir whole lives have more of an opportunity to get ahead on the basis of education that someone going to the average public school.

It all depends on determination, interests, and opportunity. The capacity is not as significant as any of those.
Sappho
Unfortunately Mensa international's tests can only test you up to 164 IQ when you do that test at 100% so i actually don't know my real IQ since i scored 164 there, but as someone already said IQ means nothing in real life. And you can see that mostly those that hardly even made it to Mensa brag about how inteligent they are and how they are a mensa member, bla bla bla. Gimme a break, i know people that didn't made it to mensa and still i think they are way more inteligent that most of the members i know.

schnitzi wrote:
And from what I hear, they're an organization overrun with pseudo-intellectual one-upmanship.

Rofl, you don't even know how true that is. Laughing Just go to one of those Mensa meetings so you can hear all that pseudo-intelectual crap, in a while you will be thinking WTF why the hell am i with this crowd. Smile But at the other hand you can really meet some cool members too, but they will be thinking something along the same lines at those meetings. Smile
anticheat
I had to take the accepted IQ test as part of the application process to get into a corrections officer academy. Took a while, but I found it fun. Since then, I've gotten some do at home ones just to try and track and even on those it hovers around 138.
theLOGANhole
I'm 127, I'm a little above average...doesn't bother me. We all got our talents.
kwolee89
I had like 129. I'm 17 now and I"m a boy. I took the classic IQ test off of tickle.com.
Gundamxxg
I myself have also scored at 164 through mensa. But as someone else stated here the real question should be what is your EQ.

Most people who score high on their IQ tests score low on their EQ tests. Vice versa on the other spectrum. I am one of those wacky kind of people which rarely score high on both IQ and EQ. I've been to psychoanalysts and psychologists and all that lovely mind boggling mumbo jumbo, took both tests while supervised. IQ was recorded at 164 and EQ was scored at 197.

It's a rare happening and I'm not 100% sure as to what it means for me, no one really ever explained it, that, and im too lazy to go try and find it out lol. Maybe i'll go look it up now that I'm thinking about it.

*edit* I was 17 when I took those tests. I am now 2 weeks from turning 22 and am currently in 2nd year Arts Major, specifically Interactive Media and Graphic design.
redace
Hey IQ tests are for nothing. You can get 160 and still you are an idiot unable to solve something really important. Much more important than IQ score is endurance and desire to know and understand something. By the way I got 165 in Dykheiser test and I don´t think I know something or I´m able to solve the real world scientific problems. It involves much more than just high IQ score.
jcvincent
I last took an IQ exam back when I was 17. I was in 4th year high school back then. I got a 134 score. But still, I feel normal. Nothing's change when my IQ was still 122.

Oh yes. Back in 4th year high school, I hate school. hehe
asteriks
135 . I think it is enough Smile The important thing is to able to use that brain Wink
theLOGANhole
osbits wrote:
I want know my IQ but I do not know where to take the test,..

You can take many tests on the internet...

Go to google and type Free IQ Tests...And then compare the mark with your friends...make them take the test
Jakob [JaWGames]
I got 133 when I made "Illustrated Science"s IQtest. I am pretty satisfied with that but I guess that I will make another sometimes to see if it changes...
UHF123
Gundamxxg wrote:
... took both tests while supervised. IQ was recorded at 164 and EQ was scored at 197.

It's a rare happening and I'm not 100% sure as to what it means for me, no one really ever explained it, that, and im too laz....

It means your the god king of the universe and supreme deity.
Sappho
UHF123 wrote:
Gundamxxg wrote:
... took both tests while supervised. IQ was recorded at 164 and EQ was scored at 197.

It's a rare happening and I'm not 100% sure as to what it means for me, no one really ever explained it, that, and im too laz....

You know how it is, not just that he is the greatest, the best, the most intelligent... but i am sure he is also the most modest one. Wink
linexpert
I haven't gotten a time to take the actual test and the online tests are not at all acurate. Sad
s43ros
I get around 130-140 whenever i've taken them. This was before and after i graduated from high school
anzzek
i've done lots of those kind of test IQ, and i dont realy bother the results , just practice and learn , im thinking to do a real one
dark_lard
The only real IQ test I took was when I was 14. I scored a 138 and I was told by the nice man that 140 was genius. They also mentioned that If I were 20 and had given the same answers I would have made a 120 something. So I guess age matters a bit. All of the online quizzes that I have done I only get 127 - 135
So to answer the question that was asked

IQ 138
Hightest education: Associate of Science
jb2_86_uk
Considering the average IQ is 100, I think some people in here are telling porkies since all the people who have posted an actual figure have quoted numbers in excess of 120..... Hmmmmm

Internet IQ tests are a load of bull and designed to make dumb people (usually the creators) feel smart. The only way you can know your IQ is by doing the official IQ test from an organization such as Mensa.

JB
HoboPelican
jb2_86_uk wrote:
Considering the average IQ is 100, I think some people in here are telling porkies since all the people who have posted an actual figure have quoted numbers in excess of 120..... Hmmmmm

You noticed that, too, huh? Very Happy Maybe Frihost just attacts a smarter class of users. Wink

I think IQ tests are a pretty lame way to judge something as complex as intelligence. No, I had a good score also, it's not sour grapes.

Here is some info on Binet, the guy who started this whole thing...
Quote:
This led to the development of the Binet Scale, also known as the Simon-Binet Scale in recognition of Theophile Simon's assistance in its development. It constituted a revolutionary approach to the assessment of individual mental ability. However, Binet himself cautioned against misuse of the scale or misunderstanding of its implications. According to Binet, the scale was designed with a single purpose in mind; it was to serve as a guide to identify children in the schools who required special education. Its intention was not to be used as “a general device for ranking all pupils according to mental worth.” Binet also noted that “the scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured.”2 Since, according to Binet, intelligence could not be described as a single score, the use of the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) as a definite statement of a child's intellectual capability would be a serious mistake. In addition, Binet feared that IQ measurement would be used to condemn a child to a permanent “condition” of stupidity, thereby negatively affecting his or her education and livelihood:
Link
Further, there are many "IQ" tests with different scoring ranges. Read this from the Mensa site. (yeah, I qualified, but have no interest in joining)
Quote:

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion.

And I'm not even mentioning the claims of racial and ethnic bias in these tests Wink
felisleo
well, everyone here seems to be smart here.when everyone is smart how would you tell who is really smart?

my IQ scores are also good but reading the posts here looks like i am only avarage Smile
OutlawSpirit
120 ... im an idiot! Cool
Mster
I got 137 max and ii thouught that was pretty good ...... until I saw youre scores OMG how can that be????. Anywhay I can learn fast if I want to, mostly computer stuff and very mostly (I know,Iknnow...) nnew programming languages Smile I know the old borland c++,autoit,blitz3D,java,pascal,basic,and i'm learniing some c++ engine called irrlicht, and i'm modest Smile)
Sappho
Mster wrote:
I got 137 max and ii thouught that was pretty good ...... until I saw youre scores OMG how can that be????.

I wouldn't worry about that, first of all IQ is not static and it may grow even thou its like +/-8 points, second of all it also depends where did you take the test. For example an european mensa member with IQ around yours lets say 140 would score around 160 in USA mensa tests dunno why they have different scale thou. :/

And third of all as i said, i know people that have IQ over 150 and all there is to them is that they are just full of themselves. IQ isn's some magic power, all depends on your will to read, learn, practice... Wink Most of the time knowledge is what matters and knowledge doesn't equal intelligence.
hofodomo01
IQ test is just...well, depends a lot on age factors as well...ive been from 110 to 150+ throughout my life...

iq? pshhh...all you need are fidyish gangsta skills
Soltair
I had a test back when I was like 11, and got 138. SInce then, I never found a test again.

I heard Emotional Quotient might also provide good information about other sectors of your intelligence. There is also the theory of the multiple intelligences: musical, social, personnal, physical, mathematical, and so on... That too would give a better picture of yourself, showing what you're good or bad at. I also heard Da Vinci had all these intelligences Wink

IQ was basically used in France to check out if a student was capable of learning. The majority should score around 100. The governement would pay for the education of any student down to 80; under this limit, the student was considered unable to learn properly and the Republic wouldn't pay for him.
carlospro7
ive never taken an iq test... dont know my iq probly like 200
william
I have never taken an official IQ test. Discovering my IQ is no big deal, though sometimes I am curious. I have taken many online IQ tests (since I enjoy the problems). On these online tests, I score around 150 (I've been told that my actual IQ is probably higher). Also, on all of these online tests, I got the highest possible IQ; therfore it's not accurate. That's why this number doesn't affect me at all since I know it's inaccurate. If I ever get the chance, I will take an official Mensa test. Knowing my actual IQ isn't too important, considering that some people with an IQ of 140 accomplished greater things than people with 180. (I can't think of an example at the moment).
studsstudio
An IQ of above 150 cannot be properly measured. In holland therefore, official IQ-tests measure up to 150. I always have higher scores on American tests, though I don't speak english very well.. my highest score on a Dutch test was 136/ 154 on an american one.. I'm now in my sixth year of a study at the university.
I'm ery sceptic about IQ-tests. I'm an educational scientist and know that IQ is not a good way of measuring intelligence. also: IQ is not the same thing as intelligence!
Teezgaff
I was in MENSA as a teenager 18-20. I could do all there tests eventhough I was diagnosed dyslexic. The advantage of dyslexia is you can see patterns instantly without having to think too hard about it. Unless it was doing something I was really interested in, I couldn't be bothered doing it. That was 16 years ago. Now I bum around and live a nice peaceful life compared to all the nerds I worked with who now have depressing jobs and outragous morgages.. Lifes not about money, it's about contentment.. Knowledge is power and if you know how to use that knowledge the world is your oyster.
IQ 160-165 dependant on which tests I did.
defunkt
IQ is a measure of aptitude at IQ tests, and nothing more. In my opinion, a person with an IQ of 110 working diligently their entire lives will always achieve more than a slacker with an IQ of 145-160, however "genius" they may be. Creative thinking rarely beats determination, and creative thinking is considered the biggest separation between the lower and higher groups on the IQ chart.
©Wolfie
I got an IQ of 123, I dunno whether it's good or not, but I'm happy with it!
einstein
my highest IQ score is 173 and lowest is 110. i guess its pretty good, but i still need to improve!!!
ocalhoun
jb2_86_uk wrote:

Well, there are a few possible explanations for that:
-The average IQ at Frihost is high (only smart people here?)
-People with low scores don't post them
-People with low scores don't even open this thread
-People lie about their scores
-People with low scores don't go to the science and nature forum
-Tests are made to flatter:
Wolfie wrote:

I got an IQ of 123, I dunno whether it's good or not...

Personally, 131.
Boffel
I dont know my IQ because I havent take a test yet, but I tryed a game called armor cube
http://www.armorgames.com/games/armorcube_popup.html

There I come to level 30, and after that it was no more levels.

The best level my friends could do, was from 16 - 23 and I made all(30)...

How high level can YOU get there?
dooble.doodles
or e^(i * pi)...

or that's what I told my kids...

Actually I don't know if I ever took one. I was found to be learning disabled just before I got my MSEE back in the time before dinosaurs.

In math, computers, logic.. i do just fine. Reading and writing... very slow. But in fields like electromagnetics, engineering, etc... I think that I'm on par.
bulek
My IQ is 135 and I'm proud of it. However, IQ tests are very relative because results depends much on concentration.
Revvion
when i did an official test when i was 12 years old i scored avarage around 110-115 or something. also the place your born ofthen has a different avarage IQ score.

Quote:

130+ = Very superior
120-129 = Superior
110-119 = High average
90-109 = Average
80-89 = Low average
70-79 = Borderline
Below 70 = Extremely low
Crazy_Canuck
This is funny.

While it IS possible the frihost sample group is skewed to a higher than norm IQ level, ummmm .... I doubt those average folk with IQs hovering around 100 would be brave enough to post.

Let's hear it for average! Yayyy!
jamie
i am 160 and my third year in universty.is there anything wrong with me Very Happy
Thomas_uk
hey im new, Thomas is the name. lol. I've only ever done and IQ test and it was a free one on the internet about 2 years ago when I was 12, I got 118, I'm not sure how good that is for what was my age so. lol Exclamation
DILLIGAF
I have tested twice and got 139 both times (1 was the Mensa test). I beleive that the IQ test is more of a problem solving test than an actual inteligence test.
gerontius
According to Mensa my IQ is >156... but that doesn't really matter. The only thing that's important in life is being happy... doing the things you love, spending your time with the people you love and staying healthy.
The only reason i did Mensa testing was for a bet ( a friend of mine told me i couldn't score more than 120 so i had to prove him wrong Cool
creezalird
I've got only 129 as I took the classic IQ Test from Tickle.com...quite dissappointing because I expect that I should get more if I compare with my ongoing achievement in academics..maybe it is just luck
peaceninja
i got a 145 when i was a kid and get a 120 to 130 now! it seems inconsistent.
gaurav.baral1
i have never taken one.still i am pretty confident that i will cross 150 if i attend one....
Manofgames
suntzu3500 wrote:
Ironically nobody with an average IQ is posting here, perhaps because of embarresment? Razz

i got an iq of 99 online, mind you i was rushing it and my phone screen isnt that big.
according to the site, im average which i consider ok, as im 15.

never realised there were so many genius' here. Smile
pestaa
I did an unfamous iq test, and reached 133 points. Rolling Eyes Not sure that i can trust this result. Very Happy Perhaps, i was lucky during the test... Wink
Each test has their own aspect; i mean, your iq can 'change' easily. A true and valuable iq test wanted! But it's just a dream.
missdixy
164. High school senior.
It hasn't really changed my life at all.
TerrorBite
I scored 148 in an online test, but it wasn't a reputable one so I don't trust that result.
The Mensa online IQ test scored me at 142.
I'm now 18 but I believe I was around 15 when I did those tests.
Boffel
Well, I tooked an norwegian online IQ test now, and it says I got 120 or higer.

Good enough for me, and I dont think I need an higer IQ. I can think and I have a brain and I am happy. Dont know how smart but... Razz

And the IQ test I tooked was also realy boring... Rolling Eyes

All I can say for now. Very Happy
ocalhoun
Boffel wrote:
the IQ test I tooked

120?
radosdesign
I've got 128, 4th year university...
But actually my opinion is that IQ is not so important as EQ (emotional intelligence). IQ is something you cannot influence while EQ you can "learn". EQ helps you to be successful in your life.

These are the "EQ" strenghts:

- Self Control: Are able to manage disruptive emotions and impulses effectively
- Trustworthiness: Display honesty and integrity
- Conscientiousness: Dependable and responsible in fulfilling obligations
- Adaptability: Flexible in handling change and challenges
- Innovation: Open to novel ideas, approaches, and new information.

That's my opinion on this topic, so let's focus on developing our EQs Wink
Bikerman
LOL....IQ results seem to be similar to driving. Around 80-85% of people judge themselves to be better than average drivers and it seems that a majority also judge themselves to be in the top 1 percentile of intelligence.
For the record :
100 is, by definition, average, since IQ scores are norm referenced - that means they are measured against each other rather than against a standardised criterion (criterion referenced). In that sense what it measures is relative to the population at the time. The scoring system is designed to produce 50% of the scores between 90 and 110, 25% higher than 110 and 25% lower than 90. If it happened that you were born in a freak era with a spike in intelligence across the population, your score could change markedly downwards even though you achieved the same 'score' on the test itself. Exams and tests designed in this manner are generally designed to filter abnormal members from a population and this is the case with IQ tests. They originated in France at the start of the last century as a method of spotting children who were 'intellectually inferior' so they could be put into special schools. It was predetermined that 25% would be below normal and the test scoring system designed accordingly.

Using standard deviations and a normal distribution, familiar to anyone with basic knowledge of statistics, the scoring system can be expressed as a normal curve as follows:

*50% of IQ scores fall between 90 and 110
*70% of IQ scores fall between 85 and 115
*95% of IQ scores fall between 70 and 130
*99.5% of IQ scores fall between 60 and 140

It is important to realise that these percentages apply regardless of the actual scores themselves which are only relevant as a relative measure (ie compared to all the other scores).

As I have previously mentioned, I would be careful about attaching too much significance to an IQ result - particularly if the source is either web or magazine/mass media. Aside from the obvious scams (Mensa have been caught switching the boundaries several times when membership was low) there is also the problem that without a norm reference the whole exercise is quite pointless. A score, say, of 70 questions correct out of 100 might seem a good score but it means nothing really since it depends what everyone else got. This means that tests administered on small sample groups or nor cross-referenced or normalised with standardised data actually mean almost nothing. My average score is in the 130s but I once scored 161 on a particular test. The likely cause was either incorrect sampling, errors in normalisation or simple laziness on the part of the tester. The 161 was on a test for my last job and I suspect that they were referencing against a non-standard baseline and therefore produced that score. I don't believe for a moment that I am brighter than 99.94% of the population because of it Smile
At the high end of the scale the normal terminology used is as follows:
  • 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
  • 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
  • 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
  • 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
  • 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
  • 165-179 - High genius
  • 180-200 - Highest genius
  • >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"
For comparison, Einstein was probably around 160. lHere is a table which attempts to list the top ranking scores of genii in history along this timeline:

Here is some general further reading.
http://www.audiblox.com/iq_scores.htm
PP_DK
Where do you do this test? What is it About?
Bikerman
PP_DK wrote:
Where do you do this test? What is it About?

It is not one test in particular - there are many of these IQ tests around.

If you want a link to try one out then I think I can oblige...but remember I don't personally put too much faith in any results, so if you score 190 then I'm still not going to bow down and call you the latest greatest Polymath to arise from the intellectual depths Smile

http://www.iq-testing-online.com/iqintro.html
http://uk.tickle.com/test/iq.html
http://www.2h.com/iq-tests.html?&tx_avotherresources_pi1[action]=UpdateVisits&tx_avotherresources_pi1[link]=3
http://www.2h.com/iq-tests.html?&tx_avotherresources_pi1[action]=UpdateVisits&tx_avotherresources_pi1[link]=6
http://www.2h.com/iq-tests.html?&tx_avotherresources_pi1[action]=UpdateVisits&tx_avotherresources_pi1[link]=5
http://www.2h.com/iq-tests.html?&tx_avotherresources_pi1[action]=UpdateVisits&tx_avotherresources_pi1[link]=63524
BlockUp
Well, I'm 14 years old, I've had a pretty standard (and ongoing) British education. My lowest score was 110, my highest was 122.
Bikerman
BlockUp wrote:
Well, I'm 14 years old, I've had a pretty standard (and ongoing) British education. My lowest score was 110, my highest was 122.

Which tests were these ?
Edas
I myself have also scored at 156 through mensa. But as someone else stated here the real question should be what is your EQ.

Most people who score high on their IQ tests score low on their EQ tests. Vice versa on the other spectrum. I am one of those wacky kind of people which rarely score high on both IQ and EQ. I've been to psychoanalysts and psychologists and all that lovely mind boggling mumbo jumbo, took both tests while supervised. IQ was recorded at 156 and EQ was scored at 197.

It's a rare happening and I'm not 100% sure as to what it means for me, no one really ever explained it, that, and im too lazy to go try and find it out lol. Maybe i'll go look it up now that I'm thinking about it.
BlockUp
Bikerman wrote:
BlockUp wrote:

Which tests were these ?

These were both the same test... the one found on Tickle.com.
They're pretty high for my age, I know, but I've always been wuite clever... here in the UK we have an organisation for the gifted and talented called NAGTY, the Nation Assosiation of Gifted and Talented Youth... basically it's just a community and you can go to summer camps and workshops sometimes. You have to be invited to be a member, and I was invited at the age of 11 (the minimum age you need to be to be a member).
benjmd
Hmm, IQ tests are nice and all (and I used to love working through the puzzle books), but what really matters is what you do with it. I joined Mensa for a year and realized the membership was crap and decided that my "Mensa-level" IQ meant nothing if I was willing to pay $50/year to have a cheap little card in my wallet.

Intelligence estimates should account for grades, standardized test scores, and performance on IQ exams as well as basic communicative ability. I wonder if someone has an algorithm to try and combine all of these things. After all, everyone knows that employers look at a 4.0 GPA from college and are more impressed with that resume than another with a 3.2 GPA from college. They didn't ask me for my IQ test score when I applied to medical school--they wanted my MCAT score.

Also, while EQ is important, neither it nor IQ can correctly assess "intelligence." From a strictly evolutionary standpoint, intelligence is that faculty of higher cognition that increases success (in reproduction, survival, etc.). Both EQ and IQ measure aspects of that cognition that are very important in a lot of real life situations, but it would certainly be hard to say that either alone or in combination assures success.
jWarr
I don't think IQ is actually "measurable". Since it can up and down... you may have a vastly different score from year to year.
rouge568
I get around 145 everytime- and I'm 14.
But those have always been the free cheapo online ones; I have always wanted to take the real ones. Just 'cause.
llobo1
Have taken 10 online IQ tests with results ranging from 188 to 165. My average IQ is 178. I'm only 15 but this could have a lot to do with it - You get a higher IQ at lower ages since they take your age into cosideration but you don't really gain in IQ intelligence as you get older. I don't really think that IQ is that important because you can be intelligent in many different ways and some people just aren't logically intelligent. I just find that logical tests (and most tests) are really easy. Doesn't make me any clever than anyone else.
hannesfuger
i have had an iq of about 125. but today i am already one year out of scholl and i think i get more and more unintelligent! Confused
tqboard
my iq is 120
Captain Fertile
ocalhoun wrote:
Boffel wrote:
the IQ test I tooked

120?

Very good - that made me smile. Very Happy

I dd an IQ test devised and produced by the BBC which measured my IQ at 124.

That said, even if this were an accurate result intellect is not the same as common sense.

While people may have the brain this doesn't mean they know or have the ability to use it fully. Kind of like a slug with a skateboard!

I know smart people who did the dumbest things and waste their potential and I have seen people who would have a low IQ have some wonderful insights and outlooks regarding life and how it should be lived.

I would (or do) prefer to be a happy dolt rather than a miserable genius.
The_Gamer294
Shake
Why do people care about IQ scores? IQ scores show nothing but your ability and determination to solve a childish puzzle that serves absolutely no purpose.
smarter
Shake wrote:
Why do people care about IQ scores? IQ scores show nothing but your ability and determination to solve a childish puzzle that serves absolutely no purpose.

It's not like that, shake!

IQ is indeed indicative of a general level/category of intelligence. If after a few tests you compare someone with an average IQ of 125 with somebody else with an IQ of 95 there is no doubt about it: the first fellow is smarter and probably more useful for a company, etc.

However things get more complicated: high IQ doesn't mean somebody is among the best at doing something or he is more productive/creative. To be among the best an IQ of 120 is necessary but other things may be also required: hard work, good skills with people, the right attitude, courage, entourage, luck etc
On the other hand laziness, bossing around and so on get somebody nowhere even he is more clever than Einstein!

A low IQ (under 90) means that person is probably not qualified for intellectual work. Not a rocket scientist for sure! Very Happy

In conclusion:
- IQ IS FOR RELATIVE COMPARISON (at least 10-20 points difference to be meaningful) AND IS NOT PRECISELY DETERMINED (it is subject to test, stress, ...)
- HIGH IQ IS NECESSARY BUT NOT SUFFICIENT TO BE SUCCESSFUL/APPRECIATED at work and in our personal life... that is if you are not a movie star (not qualified), rock star (that's not me!) or other celebrity (also not my case)! Laughing
Bannik
IQ tests are a really bad way to measure intelligence, we have multiple types of intelligence, we cant test them all with an IQ test.

http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm read to know more
Jschoen43
i recieved a 154 on my IQ test. im only a sophmore in highschool. i didnt even know it was an IQ test i just thought i was taking a random test that my teachers were making me do but apparently i scored pretty high. The question were so wierd i thought it was like a game i didnt even realize it was a test.[/quote]
rheanna
Honestly, I would have to take the test again. I'm a bit rusty.
Zampano
When I was twelve I took one of those Internet ones that suck at the truth
and got 124.
Now I'm fourteen and am not going to be misled again.
pul3kk
143 on some online IQ test. dunno how good was that test ...
Solos
I scored 114, not sure how reliable this test was tho.
mattyj
my highest score i've recorded on an IQ test was 160, most recent score i got was 139 but that was in my final year of Uni, 4 years ago
Bikerman
mattyj wrote:
my highest score i've recorded on an IQ test was 160, most recent score i got was 139 but that was in my final year of Uni, 4 years ago

That's what student life does for you - an instant 20 point hit on the IQ and 5 grand on the wallet:-)
springbok
142 never made a difference in my life knowing what my iq score is.

At school I found some things easy and some thing really difficult.

Take mathematics, I could do algebra, calculus and triginometry very easily. But I never got my head around geometry. Science was easy but history bored me.

never understood it my self.
Azmo
I've only done a few tests on the internet... but sum the points up, and devide on the amount of tests taken.. I ended up on 123.. but the difference was from 115 on one test.. to 140ish on another test.. so it's good for nothin.. but hey.. I'm alive, I got my education, passed all courses, got a beautiful girlfriend a nice job so I earn a few buck and live a pretty happy life.. Smile
gopal
on average 140 , but it has changed from 165 to 120 in many tests....

i really like to give some standard test which give the perfect
results and had given by manys...

Which test you guy usually prefer to take ?
nilsmo
Online IQ tests are a joke, and I've gotten >140 on them when I was in sixth grade.
poiko123
It varies from test to test...anything from 135 to 183. The 183 was from a test from the International High IQ Society and meant for those with IQs over 160 and seemed to favor those with visual-spatial intelligences, so that score may be artificially inflated a bit. But, I have had several score me in the 160s, so I believe that is near my true IQ. I'm only 16 years old, but I have skipped several grades in school and am taking college classes right now. I am especially gifted at math; I completed two multivariable calculus courses by the age of 13. I I find it amazing that most of my friends, even those with average intelligence, claim that their IQ is above 130. If SD=15, then Z=2, thus only 5% of the population should score in this range...
Shake
Weird thing is, everyone says I'm a smart, diligent perfectionist, but I have never really cared enough about my IQ score enough to see if I could get it up there. I just took an IQ test in which I accidentally chose the wrong answers for some of the questions because of the time limit. (It was an online test involving all types of knowledge, even celebrity trivia which I know nothing of.) It said my IQ was 96, which I doubt is true. Nevertheless it killed my confidence.

Edit: Found the link to the test I took for anyone who wants to give it a shot: http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation/takethetest/
Its tough with the time limit, but I think I could have done better when I took it.
TruPain
Shake wrote:
It said my IQ was 96, which I doubt is true. Nevertheless it killed my confidence.

Edit: Found the link to the test I took for anyone who wants to give it a shot: http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation/takethetest/
Its tough with the time limit, but I think I could have done better when I took it.

lol... I tried that one and came out at 98... oh well...
dwinton
Depends on the IQ test. On the Simon-Binet or whatever it is called I got a 142 but to get into mensa you only need a 132 on that one so it is much harder than the others I guess
greatfire
my best one was 173, when i was almost 14. Now 15 and a bit and i average 150-160. However i am very lazy when it comes to thinking, but im starting to do some more deep thinking again.
budiman
I dont know my IQ. I never test my IQ in fact Smile I am just fear I might get bad score. I think this test is just stupid.
Gagnar The Unruly
Bikerman wrote:
For comparison, Einstein was probably around 160. Here is a table which attempts to list the top ranking scores of genii in history along this timeline:

Maybe Einstein managed to take an IQ test, but Descartes? Or Mozart for that matter? I wonder where Hammurabi would've scored Wink

For what it's worth IQ tests are ONLY valid if they are administered by a qualified and properly trained psychologist. Test administrators can seriously affect the test results by providing unintentional feedback to the test taker, or by administering the test clumsily. My parents were developmental psychologists, so I had the opportunity to take lots of standardized tests, including the Stanford-Binet (the IQ test), usually so grad students could practice. I only ever took one official IQ test, to my knowledge, which was required to get into the gifted program in my elementarty school, and my mom was not too happy about it. The IQ test is a poor measure of intelligence compared to academic aptitude and interest in learning, both of which a teacher could have observed easily enough.

The IQ test is generally used to help educators identify students with learning problems. It's statistically appropriate to apply the test to individuals on the right side of the distribution, but it's not particularly meaningful clinically and always leads to "what's your IQ?" discussions.

Also, psychologists don't tend to look at the raw score. They look at the standard deviations (every 15 points from normal). I do think it's amazing how many people seem to have scores in the 120s (let alone 140s and 160s)! It seems that the entire sample at this site has a score at least one standard deviation above average! A statistical anomaly for sure. Maybe it's just a by-product of living in a society where everyone is exceptional.
hesham2
what iq mean ?? plz reply
roninmedia
I took the MENSA one and I got a 138 about 3 years ago. 2nd year college student and I'm rather lazy so my grades aren't the top among my peers.

I took an official one by a psychiatrist in 5th grade but I've never been informed of the actual score, just that is it is over 130.

And, for the most part, your IQ is higher when you are younger and decreases to a flat level which remains consistent for much of the rest of your life. IQ really has no bearing. I mean some of the tests asks you to unscramble a word because it is the name of a country. Rather useless out in life. I mean, thats is not going to help you in any situation. I personally think the key point of life is to experience things. You can be the most intellectual person out but if you can't apply the knowledge to everyday life and people, you just an eccentric savant. Rolling Eyes
APepirus
Is there someone having <0?
Gagnar The Unruly
It would be statistically possible to have a score below zero, but that would mean that person was in the 6th or 7th standard deviation. That means that between 99.99999990134% would have an IQ below 10 and 99.99999999987% of the population would have an IQ below -5.

If you assume the world has 6 billion people, about 6 would have IQs below 10. Only one out of every 780 billion people would have IQs below -5. So, for the time being, nobody on earth has an IQ below 0. Not that it would be possible to measure such a score, anyways!

edit: I imagine that IQ scores are normalized based on a sample of the population, so IQ scores are calculated by comparing performance to an idealized distribution, rather than the actual distribution of scores for the entire population. Therefore, a person who scored spectacularly bad could, theoretically, place below 7 standard deviations on the distribution curve even if there were less than 770 billion people on the planet. So someone could score below zero. Of course, someone with that much of a problem probably wouldn't be smart enough to even take the test! I don't know where the lower bound of IQ scores realistically lies.
JIM2003
I got a score of 130, and I am only 16, still a sophmore in high school. Very Happy
theta
When I was in middle school in 8th grade I remember getting a 158 on my IQ test. I was a straight A+ student. I was glad I got my IQ tested because it gave me a general grasp of how smart I was in comparison to others. Grades only show how well you know certain material so they are not good for comparing intelligence.
goldendes
I want know my IQ !!

but I do not know where to take the test.......

Smile
ptolomeo
I didnt make any IQ test, but reading some of the posts it seems that these tests mesure the ability to make the test correctly, not the intelligence. That thing I say may seem trivial but it is not. I suppose that the ability to make the test is best in the designer of the the test than for a man who make it for the first time. A common example: One friend of mine whoa has sight problems told me that when he was a child he went regularly to the oculist and he made him read a table with letters af diferent sizes until some smallest ones that he couldnt see at all, but that he coul see with glases. He remembered these letters and in succesive examinations he could tell what letter the oculist piointed to him because it remembered it, not because he could see it. I think something similar must happen with IQ tests.
American
My highest score? Whew, it's not that great. I believe it was around 150. However, I'm not exactly sure.

I'm not one of the smartest people in the world, but I try...
choikyow
ACCORDING TO EDISON, GENIUS IS 1% BRAIN AND 99% SWEAT; NOTHING CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED UNLESS WE WORK AT IT. HIGH IQ DOESN'T MEAN A THING IF IT'S NOT USED. Idea
Afaceinthematrix
175; although I'm not sure how accurate this test is (I hope it was, though, lol). It was some internet test; so in reality, my IQ is probably lower. I'm not sure. That was the only IQ test I've ever taken.
Bikerman
OK...here's some stats on the results to date....
  • Sample Size - 68
  • Lowest IQ - 98
  • Highest IQ - 183
  • Mean (Average) IQ - 138
What this thread would seem to indicate is one of three possible things
1. Everyone who has contributed (with the exception of 2 people) is above average intelligence and most are in the top 10th percentile.
Specifically we have
  • 28 Geniuses
  • 33 of Very Superior Intelligence
  • 5 of Superior Intelligence
  • 2 of normal intelligence
or
2. A lot of people are doing bogus IQ tests
or
3. A lot of people tell lies

What we would *expect* to see is:
50% of IQ scores fall between 90 and 110
70% of IQ scores fall between 85 and 115
95% of IQ scores fall between 70 and 130
99.5% of IQ scores fall between 60 and 140

The standard descriptions for these scores is:
Over 140 - Genius or near genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness
Afaceinthematrix
Bikerman wrote:
OK...here's some stats on the results to date....
  • Sample Size - 68
  • Lowest IQ - 98
  • Highest IQ - 183
  • Mean (Average) IQ - 138
1. Everyone who has contributed (with the exception of 2 people) is above average intelligence and most are in the top 10th percentile.
Specifically we have
  • 28 Geniuses
or
or

What we would *expect* to see is:
50% of IQ scores fall between 90 and 110
70% of IQ scores fall between 85 and 115
95% of IQ scores fall between 70 and 130
99.5% of IQ scores fall between 60 and 140

The standard descriptions for these scores is:
Over 140 - Genius or near genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

Do you know of a place where you can take a legit IQ test? Like I said in my post, I scored 175 on the one that I took, but I do not think it was accurate. It was some random test online and it was extremely simple. I've heard that many of the ones that you can take online are far from accurate. But there has to be some legit one out there in a book or maybe online.
Bikerman
Well I'm not endorsing any on-line tests but one that many people use is:
http://www.iqtest.com/
carlospro7
the one time I took an IQ test, I got 138 or 142, can't remember which one. I don't consider myself smart or anything, and knowing my score hasn't changed or influenced anything about me. I guess if I tried harder in school, I could do much better, but as of now I'm just an average student. I consider myself to be lazy.
Bikerman
carlospro7 wrote:
the one time I took an IQ test, I got 138 or 142, can't remember which one. I don't consider myself smart or anything, and knowing my score hasn't changed or influenced anything about me. I guess if I tried harder in school, I could do much better, but as of now I'm just an average student. I consider myself to be lazy.
If you actually read my posting above you will see that an IQ of 138 or 142 is far from average.
142 would make you a Genius, 138 would make you of 'Very Superior Intelligence'.
dangerdog
i haven't taken an IQ test in years and years, never really saw a reason to. it was kind of fun, though. :p the last one i took i got a score of 139. i was probably about 12 at the time, they never let me see the results at the time specifically, but i had the opportunity to see them when i was a little older. i was glad to fall a point shy of that genius label, too much pressure. never felt much like it. :p
ulsuspect
bfaf
Bikerman
ulsuspect wrote:
i am a kid of age 13 who had and iq of 123 when i was really young but now it is almost over 200 so i do not know what is happening? please help.

OK. Simple solution. Go immediately to your nearest reality clinic and ask for a check.
ulsuspect
bfaa
Bikerman
ulsuspect wrote:
please stop i am trying to be serious!

If you seriously think your IQ is topping 200 then my advice stands - reality check!
ulsuspect
dadwdad
Bikerman
ulsuspect wrote:
omg i only have the most logical reason to say i am almost there! i now have an iq slightly below 200 and my iq has been raising my whole life so i would start thinking it might top it sometime.
What measures have you used? Which IQ tests gave these results? Who did the testing and which tests did they utilise? What was the norm referencing used?*

To put this in some sort of context for you:
An IQ of 200 is generally regarded as 'unmeasurable genius'. Many people think that there have been perhaps half a dozen such intelligences recorded in history (and Einstein was not one of them).
Now if you want to tell me that you are possibly one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the earth then I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to answer the above questions.
Alternatively, as I suggested, the best thing to do is get a reality check..quick!

*Any tester who obtained results around 200 for a testee IQ score would be sure to make quite a fuss about it - trust me on that!
ulsuspect
thtryd
Bikerman
ulsuspect wrote:
i do not have over 200 yet. and i might never get there so lets not make a big fuss about it.

You were the one who brought it up mate, not me. You are the one claiming an IQ slightly below 200, not me. You are the one who were worried that it might go higher, not me. I don't think your IQ is anywhere near 200 which is why I told you to get a reality check. If you want to post fantasy then, unfortunately, people will see and respond to it.
ddukki
I've heard most IQ tests are biased against the people that they're said to include in the first place. There's a lot of trivial stuff in there that a lot of people might not get if they don't get how the questions are worded. Just something I heard; I'm not too sure if it's true.

That said, I got a 132 or a 134 on the last one I took. I don't remember which.
Indi
Oh, pooh, i got you all licked. i went to that site and i got a score that's at least two or three times most of the numbers you guys are posting here.

When i clicked on that link, i got 404.

Clearly, i am teh smartest.
Bikerman
No..I can beat that. My mum says my IQ is infinity plus 1...beat that!
DanielWestman
If I remember it right I got something in the 120's when I last made an IQ test. Pretty average joe..
HalfBloodPrince
129 on a six minute Facebook test. I need to take a real one Laughing
loonix
This is one of those 'my dad is bigger than your dad' arguments isn't it. Largely pointless in my opinion. A high IQ does not equate to success in life or vice versa. Ask George W. Bush :p
TBSC
Last time I took an "internet IQ test" it was 135. If you really want a challenge they have a pre test on the Mensa site called a "workout" but it doesn't give you a number as a score. It might be useful to improve your own IQ. They can always be improved.
lucamanu
Last time I got an IQ online I scored around 156. Does this qualify me as a genious? I dont really think so. Geniouses are those guys who are then able to exploit their qualifications, while I just jump from one argument to another... useless... Sad
cr3ativ3
I took tickle's "phD" certified IQ test and got a score of 129 or 131 forgot which and that was last year when I was in grade 8 (13/14 years).

I went and looked it up for what careers have this average IQ and it said upper school teachers like high school teachers (not elementary/middle school teachers) so I was kinda like oh cool I have a higher IQ then the teachers teaching me lol! But I obviously didn't go into the school saying that to all the teachers lol.

Is it abnormal to get an IQ of that score for someone of my age? I am currently 15 and in grade 9.

Ironically I was doing really bad in middle school mainly because I had dedicated the last few years to learning how to code in xhtml/html, javascript, php, css. asp etc.... Now that I have memorized these languages I am focusing on school and getting high 80's in academic grade 9. So like 20% grade increase since middle school Laughing .

But ya lol, sorry rambling on..
kitsrock
It's been over 7 years since I last took an IQ test, but I got 135 back in grade 8.
I took it from highiqsociety.org or something like that.

The problem with the IQ tests is that it's not an absolute indicator of your intelligence. It is merely a very poor approximation of it. Even then, it is only as accurate as "people with below 80 IQ are not very bright (in a politically correct way to put it) and people above 150 are very smart." everyone in between is pretty normal.

Another thing to note is that a lot of the questions are math-related, and societies that teaches higher level of math at younger age tend to have an inflated IQ scores compared to others.

All that being said it is really fun to take IQ tests, with all those colorful puzzles and questions. In fact, I think I'll go take one now.
weareone
I did an unfamous iq test, and reached 133 points. Not sure that i can trust this result. Perhaps, i was lucky during the test...
Each test has their own aspect; i mean, your iq can 'change' easily. A true and valuable iq test wanted! But it's just a dream.
lagoon
kitsrock wrote:
It's been over 7 years since I last took an IQ test, but I got 135 back in grade 8.
I took it from highiqsociety.org or something like that.

The problem with the IQ tests is that it's not an absolute indicator of your intelligence. It is merely a very poor approximation of it. Even then, it is only as accurate as "people with below 80 IQ are not very bright (in a politically correct way to put it) and people above 150 are very smart." everyone in between is pretty normal.

Another thing to note is that a lot of the questions are math-related, and societies that teaches higher level of math at younger age tend to have an inflated IQ scores compared to others.

All that being said it is really fun to take IQ tests, with all those colorful puzzles and questions. In fact, I think I'll go take one now.

Could it have occurred to you that this society would have wanted you to get a high score so they could persuade you to join their club, thereby handing over lots of money?
Neo2232
Yeah im only thirteen i took an Iq test about a week ago and just took another one a couple mintues ago and my Iq spiked 19 points is that unusual? And it was a standarized Iq test and University of Pheniox uses iti took the same test twice the questions were changed so i could not answer differently
Bikerman
If you took two different tests and got a 19 point spread then that does not really surprise me at all. If it was a standardised University test in both cases then that is slightly surprising because I would expect a much smaller variance on a properly conducted and properly standardised test.
ParsaAkbari
I got 149 once. But then i took a diffrent test and i got 90.

IQ tests mean nothing. I find it easier to apply common sense and quick thinking in a real life enviroment than with squares and circles on a piece of paper.

Also a few of the questions is about what words sounds like what. My english is not too good and i didnt have a clue.
lagoon
I've never taken a proper test. On online tests I usually score above 130 but they're a load of crap.
Speaker_To_Animals
Bikerman wrote:
Specifically we have
  • 28 Geniuses
or
or

I must admit that I've never met anyone who has reliably claimed an IQ of up in the 160s. And I meet a lot of really clever people, being a university lecturer. I freely admit that after trying various online IQ tests, I seem to hover between about 135 and 145.

Which frankly is fit for purpose as far as I am concerned, and I have probably slowed down a lot since I was at school.

As when it comes to that other highly-dodgy self-measured quantity, penis size, it ain't what you got, it's what you do with it that counts..................
deanhills
I took the tests in High School, but the results were kept confidential. One of my teachers told me that it was very high, whatever that means. I think she was trying to motivate me. The test, nor her remarks did not mean a lot to me. I found the test quite onerous, and I think the math type questions I did was mostly guess work. So if I did score high, it may have had a great element of lucky guess in it. Smile
ozerib
Can't remember my IQ score? Shocked
anarhistu
Couple of minutes ago I took the tickle iq test and I got 135. I take it just for fun. Is that important the iq test rezult?
Xanatos
anarhistu wrote:
Couple of minutes ago I took the tickle iq test and I got 135. I take it just for fun. Is that important the iq test rezult?

No it is not important. Any Online IQ test you take is completely bogus and will almost always give an answer above 120, and often in the high thirties. I have even done some where I put in the exact same answers and get radically different IQ scores. The only way to get any feasibly accurate- or at least as accurate as an IQ test can get- is to take a standardized test that is proctored, has oral sessions, etc. At least try to take the MENSA test or something.
samjog
In my opinion, even results of so called 'accurate iq test' doesn't really mean something. High iq doesn't really mean the person is smart. But funny thing i noticed in chatrooms, where some guys tries to beat their opponent by telling their 'uber' high iqs. I'm smart, i have high iq, so dont ever dare to disagree with me! Wink
anarhistu
I tried the MENSA test but I did not have patience to finish it. I got "bored" after the first 5 "questions". Not saying that I would have known them all!! Maybe some of them, at least. But I do not have patience for that kind of test. I don't like to "think" for something that I do not want to... And for sure I do not want to think for that test. Call me an idiot, but I do not consider that test as being accurate.
Stubru Freak
I had 148 in a real test. I'm really good at almost everything except memorizing (and French :p).
Xanatos
Stubru Freak wrote:
I had 148 in a real test. I'm really good at almost everything except memorizing (and French :p).

What test did you take?
Stubru Freak
Xanatos wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:

What test did you take?

I don't really remember, I took the test when I was young (10 years old or something) to see if I need special education or anything. But I think it was a pretty standard IQ test.
Xanatos
^^Well thats is what the tests were originally designed for. So it doesn't surprise me if you took one for that reason.
chiragpatnaik
codenameshypher wrote:
recently i've taken the oficial IQ test and i got 137 points 19 years university 2nd year. my guide told me that it is something impressing and that i could get in some activities or groups based on that. how did your IQ result infuence you? P.S. also inform about your age and education

I did about 160 a few months ago. I'm 30 in India. I think it is a load of bunkum though. it is hardly a measure of intelligence. I can't even get into a decent B-school (not that, that is a sign of intelligence either).
Bannik
IQ = -170A

that's because i defy logic
nanunath
Can nebody tell me where I can get a genuine IQ test 4 free on net..there r mny 4 free..but I doubt their genuineness!
Jinx
nanunath wrote:
Can nebody tell me where I can get a genuine IQ test 4 free on net..there r mny 4 free..but I doubt their genuineness!

You can't, not really. A real IQ test is usually timed, and you can't get an accurate timed test online due to differences in network speed. The only way to get an accurate score is to take the test IRL, and even there the score will probably be off if you didn't get enough sleep the night before, or if the person giving the test isn't properly trained, or if you're just having a off day, or if your particular strengths lie in an area not adequately measured by the particular test you are taking, or any number of other variables.
_AVG_
Online IQ tests are inconsistent and to an extent completely false.

I've taken several online IQ tests and my range is very erratic. The highest I've got is 154 and the lowest is 107. Although your mental state (eg: sleepy, energetic, etc.) and other conditions matter a lot, such fluctuative scores are impossible in my opinion. So online IQ tests should not be taken too seriously. Now if someone has taken an actual IQ test then do take that seriously.
hamza1122
i think the iq tests online are kind of rigged or are fake because i've taken them heaps of times and i keep getting around 132 when i was 12-13. maybe i'm just really smart. well i do go to a selective school =]
Jamestf347
Maybe Einstein managed to take an IQ test, but Descartes? Or Mozart for that matter? I wonder where Hammurabi would've scored Wink

For what it's worth IQ tests are ONLY valid if they are administered by a qualified and properly trained psychologist. Test administrators can seriously affect the test results by providing unintentional feedback to the test taker, or by administering the test clumsily. My parents were developmental psychologists, so I had the opportunity to take lots of standardized tests, including the Stanford-Binet (the IQ test), usually so grad students could practice. I only ever took one official IQ test, to my knowledge, which was required to get into the gifted program in my elementarty school, and my mom was not too happy about it. The IQ test is a poor measure of intelligence compared to academic aptitude and interest in learning, both of which a teacher could have observed easily enough.

The IQ test is generally used to help educators identify students with learning problems. It's statistically appropriate to apply the test to individuals on the right side of the distribution, but it's not particularly meaningful clinically and always leads to "what's your IQ?" discussions.

Also, psychologists don't tend to look at the raw score. They look at the standard deviations (every 15 points from normal). I do think it's amazing how many people seem to have scores in the 120s (let alone 140s and 160s)! It seems that the entire sample at this site has a score at least one standard deviation above average! A statistical anomaly for sure. Maybe it's just a by-product of living in a society where everyone is exceptional.
pscompanies
On on-line IQ tests, I regularly score in the 150's, but a) I am one of those naturally gifted test-takers, b) I do puzzles for fun so I know what they're looking for much of the time, and c) I think a lot of those tests are geared to flatter.

I've also taken the Mensa just-for-fun exams and always end up with them heartily encouraging me to join. Of course, they could just be looking for members too. And from what I hear, they're an organization overrun with pseudo-intellectual one-upmanship.
Tielkim
IQ means nothing...
I can't even remember my own birthday or streets...
(Enjoy calculating the probabilities of random things that catch my attention...but that doesn't help me to find MY HOUSE and people to like me) Crying or Very sad
they find me odd as I space out often...
Sometimes I wish I could just TURN my brain off...(reason why I'm in front of my pc 24/7)
xJawz
Im 12, going 13 in December, and my IQ is 134, that any good?
rgv_xroworx_54
Sappho wrote:
UHF123 wrote:
Gundamxxg wrote:

You know how it is, not just that he is the greatest, the best, the most intelligent... but i am sure he is also the most modest one. Wink

It means he has the same IQ as I do, and I am a HIGHschool dropout! I was by the state of Texas @ the age of 37! It is not what someone can teach you, it is what you can learn when NO-ONE is teaching you !!!
rgv_xroworx_54
When I took the test by a Texas State rehabilitation service, I was 37 and had dropped out of high school when I was just 16 so I could take a job as a Jr. executive. I tested out at 164 and was told I qualified to join the menses society. Go figure! I was told that placed me at a university level.
luisadasher3
My best iq score was my only iq score. My mom wanted some psychologist to test me since I kept on getting this stuff from gifted and talented services. So i'm in this place for about 3 hours and then I'm done. He gives my mom the report and it says i have an iq of 160. My mom's all wowed but im all restless and everything. she keeps on saying "you got an iq of 160" but im like "i don't care mom, all i know is I am never taking an iq test AGAIN. Not talking
deanhills
I only took an IQ test once at high school. It was school policy not to give the results to the students. My teachers hinted that it was high, whatever "high" is supposed to mean. For me that test was pretty meaningless and did not make an impression on me as I did not find any substance in it that I could actually relate to. But who knows maybe the IQ test was helpful to the teachers.
dwsammy
I just took an iq test and it said 160+. I am 12 years old.
D'Artagnan
i've never been tested, i tryed taking one online but i got very very bored halfway, guess i'm really dumb

on a related note, the person with the hightest IQ is Marlyn Von Savant (appropriate name) and she writes a collumn on a brithish magazine (i think)

http://www.parade.com/askmarilyn
mazito
Bikerman wrote:
Well I'm not endorsing any on-line tests but one that many people use is:
http://www.iqtest.com/

i take the test on that site, my English may have betrayed me.

but my score is 121 acording with them, i think 5 questions from the 38 was not so clear to me, but i am ok with the result
nguyenvulong
My best IQ score is about 120 from an IQ test on the Internet. But I think mine is just around 110 and I'm satisfied with it .
Timppa99
So many people claiming IQ:s over 160... And still, according to IQ percentile / rarity chart, only one in 100,730 should get an IQ of 164 at standard deviation of 15. Some are even claiming to have an IQ over 180, which would be one person out of 20,696,863, and at 185 one out of 136,975,305. Seams this thread has quite a following. Brightest minds in the world seam to have gathered here.
Bikerman
LOL....exactly.
I don't necessarily think that people are lying (though some probably are) - I suspect that many are falling for internet based IQ tests which produce inflated scores, usually in an attempt to sell you something.
capricornis
As it is near-impossible to normalize all the different socio-cultural factors that come into play when determining one's intelligence. Tests that produce an actual number are usually based on a standard assumption that a certain set of skills comprises a score of a 100, or a 'normal' score. Then everyone is defined based on that 'normal.'

However that 'normal' is different for different periods in human history and even different periods of one's own life. Also, since all IQ tests basically test your math and language skills (besides pattern recognition), the scores are very skewed for people taking IQ tests not in their first-language.

More accurate tests give a 'percentile ranking' score, and not an exact number. The MENSA testing gives such scores (and invites you to join MENSA if you are in the top 2%), and the percentile ranking is based on all the other people that have taken the MENSA test.

Finally, IQ, measured by any means, is not a good predictor of pretty much anything in life. It doesn't predict success, happiness or even a proper career. Yes, there are other 'Qs' that are thrown in the mix like EQ an SQ, when the prediction value goes a bit up, but basically these are systems for categorizing an enormously varied human species in some pretty narrow-minded categories, and doesn't have any usefulness beyond strictly defined purposes.
capricornis
lucamanu wrote:
Last time I got an IQ online I scored around 156. Does this qualify me as a genious? I dont really think so. Geniouses are those guys who are then able to exploit their qualifications, while I just jump from one argument to another... useless... Sad

no it doesn't.. learning to spell would be a good first step, though
codegeek
Where can one take an official IQ test online for free? I mean what is the most accurate IQ test online? I mean the one relatively closest to the real tests.
spinout
IQ testing has changed over the time.
If you look back to 1970 a normal IQ would be 100. Today assumebly it would be 110, since people think more and have to use more logic in life, computers influence...
However, IQ has been redefined over the years too. Today just logic thinking is not what IQ is about, today we have a dozen or more cathegories. EQ is one of them.

Also with age you develop talents, take speech for an example. Also at old age you get better with taking care of children.

I took a test in the 70s... the conclusion was I was braindead... Laughing joking, well I was smarter than most logical but later I have understood I have a good visual and sound memory. That is preatty handy if you want to be a rockstar!
bogisha
i scored 130 in high school which was the record of my generation, later i done couple of tests and score no more then 120. I blame university for making me stupid Smile
codegeek
I took a test online at iqtest.com and my score was 132. I am 21 years old and a 2nd year university student.
duytam28
If you think a balanced breakfast is a coffee and a cigarette then think again. I know you've heard it too many times by now, but breakfast just cannot be skipped if you really want to boost your IQ.
hspb
IQ test results in different situations about 120-130.
I think this is a very rough indicator of intelligence.
Similarly, you can evaluate a runner on the number of sit-ups.
the_emissary
I really don't remember, did it soo long ago. Gonna find one online and post the findings (when I have time)
dev2avi
got 143 a year back ...
should i take the test again?
is it bound to change drastically?
Bikerman
Why do you want a score? I wouldn't bother. IQ score is often wildly different to one you get in a proper test because proper IQ tests are norm referenced. That means they are adjusted, over a large enough sample group, so that the average score is 100. On-line tests rarely use any referencing and can produce wild scores which mean very little.
spinout
In the Swedish afternoon paper Aftonbladet (hm or was it Expressen...) there was a guy from the social group Mensa handing out 3 tests per number. Easy , mediokre and difficult was the levels and 3 questions every week was handed out one in each level. Well, I always easy solved the mediocre one, the difficult one I solved most of the times but the easy one I just solved half the times...

This went on week after week... I took an easy question that I didn't managed to solve and handed it out to my math class, was I so dumb?, and gave them 30 minutes to solve it. After 20 minutes one lady raized a hand a said she had figured it out! Ok, show me on the white board I said, and she had done it in a very clever way. We was all astonised about the elegancy and the radical solution, and by one of the weeker student too. OK, that mensa guy must have had bad understanding of what is easy or what is tricky to the common IQ person! I.E. dumbass mensa person...
jajarvin
Around 140.
Goku

This comes minus that this is a 'final score' after different attempts spanning several periods, but without reviewing answers.
spinout
My last battle with the IQ...:

My son had a testing and our goal was to get the IQ UNDER 70!!! We managed to make it 68!

Why this approach a 70 limit? well IF he was under 70 he could then be defined as "retarded" by law !
And a "retarded" child have 4 times more budget for schooling in Sweden, so he got the best school around including taxi travels door to door daily!!!!

The IQ of 68 beats me in chess quite often... but not always Laughing
Bikerman
Is your son autistic? I normally avoid trying to build a profile of posters from their postings - I find that it is rarely useful and often very misleading - but based on some previous postings I'm wondering if this is connected to another thread on autism...?
spinout
Autistic AND low IQ, yes. The law here says only low IQ childs will be benefitted with extra schooling money.

The point was to say that the IQ score have a benefit under 70 in our country, not only a high scoring is optimal.
Bikerman
I think it is roughly similar here - but I don't think there is a strict cut-off - it is left to the child-psych to assess ability and the local council to assess need. That may sound more flexible to the naive - in reality it often means those with loud voices get money and the rest suffer