FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

COUNTER-STRIKE SERIES - OFFICIAL THREAD

SFMeatwad
Counter-Strike 1.6 Opinion: Well, it's a good game, but I used to be in CALeague for it, but some people thought I was hacking and my STEAM account got banned on all VAC servers. They had no proof, but I beat them, but I had no idea I was playing against a VAC dev-team member...Sore loser...

Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Never was in CALeague for this game, but it was fun to play when I had my "decent" video graphics card... 7/10.

COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE: Awesome game, awesome graphics, awesome pings, 10/10. Fixing to sign my clan up for CALeague for it. Smile Awesome, just awesome. Thing that sucks is that noobs, including me, I catch myself doing it sometimes, but noobs just spray their guns like nubs. (Aiming at your feet and letting the bullets spray, but they spray at your head.. Sad

Post your favorite CS Series!
zuk4u
SFMeatwad wrote:
Counter-Strike 1.6 Opinion: Well, it's a good game, but I used to be in CALeague for it, but some people thought I was hacking and my STEAM account got banned on all VAC servers. They had no proof, but I beat them, but I had no idea I was playing against a VAC dev-team member...Sore loser...

Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Never was in CALeague for this game, but it was fun to play when I had my "decent" video graphics card... 7/10.

COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE: Awesome game, awesome graphics, awesome pings, 10/10. Fixing to sign my clan up for CALeague for it. Smile Awesome, just awesome. Thing that sucks is that noobs, including me, I catch myself doing it sometimes, but noobs just spray their guns like nubs. (Aiming at your feet and letting the bullets spray, but they spray at your head.. Sad

Post your favorite CS Series!

Played in 1.6 for over 3 years, now playing Condition Zero, often spraying [spray & pray Razz], tried to play in source, but on hardware that i i had (gf 9550, athlon 2000, 512 ram) fps was often below 25...
Now i have better hardware, maybe will try source in the future, but as for now i only play CZ.
Alienz
I had been played Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6 for many years. I used Artic most of the time. Sadly I stopped playing due to studies. Now I feel like playing but my CD-Key was lost Evil or Very Mad

I may want to buy and try out Counter-Strike Source Cool
rfarrand
CounterStrike Condition Zero is definetly the best game of the series of CounterStrike games. I don't have that great of graphics card, but it obviously must be good to enough to make CS an incredible game. A buddy of mine and I play about 3 times a week for a couple hours and have a great time just talking and competing against each other for most head shots, and our various body part hits and kills of course. We used our first pay checks in the real world after college, to purchase a game that we could play online since he is from Ohio and I live in Wisconsin. We haven't regretting it yet. We continue to play now, after even 2 years, and have a great time just hanging and talking over the phone while have a brewski together, when we can not visit each other and physically hang out. It has been a great stress reliever for after work when we don't feel like thinking and just want to play for a little while.

Counterstrike Condition Zero all the way!
SFMeatwad
Alienz wrote:

You won't regret it! Smile
Kyoushu
I was in compUSA this year and bought counter strike:condition zero pack for $15 and played both 1.6(more servers) and condition zero alot. Then my brother decided to get the source so we got counter strike source and day of defeat source. I personally don't like Counter Strike: Source as much as CS 1.6 and CS: Condition Zero. Maybe that's because only cs condition zero and 1.6 work on my laptop and that's all I've been playing recently, so I'm just not used to CS:source. Laughing

Alienz wrote:
I had been played Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6 for many years. I used Artic most of the time. Sadly I stopped playing due to studies. Now I feel like playing but my CD-Key was lost Evil or Very Mad

If you remember you're steam password and username you can download the games through that.
TSpiralP
haha i picked upi playing counter strike again... still fun =D
selim06
I'm still addicted CS 1.5 version: "Good Old Game!"
But now I'm playing CS 1.6 because there are a lot of servers and modes for it! I like Steam Very Happy CS 1.6 doesn't have a "funky" concept..The Graphics and Sounds developed only but CS Source came with new things.Like a new graphical machine, more FPS etc...But It disturbed the Counter Srike Atmosphere i think CS Source too easy to play!
MAXDAMAGE
I never go out with the intention to spray. I always try to aim acuratly but when the adrenalin is pumping and the enemy jump out from behinde some crates its very hard to think clearly so I some times do end up spraying.

The only weapon that I have found that works effectivly with the spraying tactic is the P90. Start firing a soon as you see the enemy and charge right at them untill you run into them. Theres not much skill involved but I find that it makes all oponents panick and they intern start spraying making them easy to kill. This tacktc works best with the P90 due to it's cheapness and it large clip size, plus the fact you can run quite fast with it.
jkh13
The wrost cs was the xbox one, lame graphics, lame controls, lame everything. Cs: source is awesome though. I don't like massive servers though, I enjoy smaller games with about 10 players.
bonestorm74
I love CSS but I never really played much of the original. I think the first time I played it was against a bunch of experts, I was getting knife killed left, right and centre and it wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Years later I bought HL2 and since CSS came free with it, I decided to give it a try, and found myself addicted almost immediately. The Source engine is really a terrific engine. It runs well on most rigs, the physics are great, and updates like HDR are making it look better and better even though it is two years old.

It's interesting to note that CS 1.6 is still by far the most played version, if you check the stats on steampowered. There are 100,000 unique users on 1.6 compared to about 23,000 on Source and 17,000 on CZ. Obviously a lot of old school players have never made the swap.
Alienz
Kyoushu wrote:
Alienz wrote:

If you remember you're steam password and username you can download the games through that.

I can't recall my username and passwords. Had tried all combination but still can't get it Sad

I think going to get Counter-Strike Source Smile
jmudreamscape
I started about two and a half years ago on 1.6...my roommate at the time tried to get me to play for so long and I broke down. Loved it immediately, especially when I found a solid community to be a part of. Pre-ordered CZ and went to that, though it was such a ripoff to make someone pay $30 for a slightly fancier game (in that, the graphics were a little better and there was a one-player mode).

Eventually moved on to Source. I love Source. My latest roommate and myself would stay up to seven in the morning with that game, just doing crazy stuff like running around with a grenade. We'd both get shot, but we'd drop the nade and blow someone up. We were true terrorists.
Matte52
I play Counter-strike 1.6 , Counter-strike : Source and Counter-strike: condition zero.

..and i think all of them is sooo ****** good to play Very Happy

If you ask me what game that is best i should say CS 1.6 . Maby it's because i have playd it longer then all the other in the counter-strike serie.

When i first buy Source after i playd 1.6 it was really hard to get use to Source. It was totaly diffrent in everything. The grafic,sound,play feeling and so on. One thing that is bad on source is that it need you to have a quit good computer to make it run 100 % correctly. But unfortently not everybody have a very good computer.

Kind reagards:
Matte52