FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Forum

craig_t
This is my new computer forum, i need members so please join if your intrested in computers Wink i will be updating it to an IPB board if i get more members so please help me Wink

the link: click me
KMKM
nice forum.. but u can only host IPB on frihost if you have a legal licence of it... and by the way.. make new sub-boards.. computers has a lot of sub divisions... make many of them and soon people will start to flow in Smile

Kudos!
~KMKM
desertwind
Nice work. Go on. Add more forums.
craig_t
KMKM wrote:
nice forum.. but u can only host IPB on frihost if you have a legal licence of it... and by the way.. make new sub-boards.. computers has a lot of sub divisions... make many of them and soon people will start to flow in Smile

Kudos!
~KMKM

i know, but people always tell me it have to keep it small untill i get members to join Wink and i am buying a license, bonding's knows that, i just gota prove it lol.

are you not joining Very Happy *hint* *hint*
ocalhoun
Quote:

yourdomain.com
A _little_ text to describe your forum

Put a little time into setting up the forum eh?
A theme might be nice as well.
As of now it looks like you spent all of 15 mins setting it up. Just remember that, although few people would conciously think so, the look of a website is a huge factor for how well someone will like it.
craig_t
Ok, i have done all 3, i installed 2 styles that were already on my pc, what one do you think i should have as default, xeon or jenova? or would you recomend another one?
{name here}
Can you put in the link to the actual site and not a .tk domain? I only get a blank page in any of the browsers I have when I look at that through .tk.
EDIT: I found your site by adding frih.net to the end. Overall you should put in a bit more effort, such as renaming Test Category 1 to general or something like that and also getting your own logo.
craig_t
i was ment to rename the test thing, thanks for reminding me Smile, and i am not going to faff on with all the banners, because if i can get some members, i am going to get and invision board. So Please Join And Help Me Out!

Thanks,
Craig.
Donutey
the goal of a website should be for the website to help the user in some way...

I agree, .tk domains are bad because quite often .tk addresses don't work, plus they add ads to your site.
craig_t
Well, i will get a proper domain .co.uk or .com maybe. and it is to help people, if they ask somthing i will answer them Very Happy
magneto_ms
Nice website. :thumbsup:
craig_t
thanks for all the comments people, it would be nice if some of you signed up Wink
tauba_tauba
Nice forum

But you can disable ads while it redirects by logging into .tk control panel. You can also change the logo.
craig_t
i know, but i am getting an IPB board soon, so i am not going to fart on doing all that Very Happy so please join people i really want this forum to work, all my others havnt got many members, so i deleted them Sad so come on help me out and sign up.
craig_t
*BUMP*

http://www.thecomputerhideout.frih.net/forum/
{name here}
Well, IPB as you know is not allowed here, and if you were to go to a remote BB host, not only will there be ads, but it'd only be IPB 1.x, which has just as much functionality as PhpBB2. So maybe you should probably get another host to host your IPB 2.x board(which will have much more functionality than PhpBB, if you purchased it) that would allow it.
craig_t
when you purchase it you get proof of purchase, and bondings said if i show that to him, i can put it on. and yes, i will be the first, but ... i like to be origional Very Happy
Ray Salamon
No offense to you intended here... but computer forums are a dime a dozen out there on the net... Most notably, hardforum.com, which has nigh 4 million posts, and 64,000+ members. Of course, I still like to look into other forums for computers... but Hardforum (part of Hard|OCP) is where I go for real discussion.
Now, again, I'm not saying all of this to discourage or insult you. I'm just saying that you have to do something extraordinary and unique in order to draw people to your forum.
But, do continue on with the work! The more that you put into it, the more that you'll get out of it... and with enough work and dedication, you may just be able to swing a ton of people your way.
Good luck!

-Ray
craig_t
Ray Salamon wrote:
No offense to you intended here... but computer forums are a dime a dozen out there on the net... Most notably, hardforum.com, which has nigh 4 million posts, and 64,000+ members. Of course, I still like to look into other forums for computers... but Hardforum (part of Hard|OCP) is where I go for real discussion.
Now, again, I'm not saying all of this to discourage or insult you. I'm just saying that you have to do something extraordinary and unique in order to draw people to your forum.
But, do continue on with the work! The more that you put into it, the more that you'll get out of it... and with enough work and dedication, you may just be able to swing a ton of people your way.
Good luck!

-Ray

Well that site is nearly all about hardware, but mine is a miz, it is web developement, programming and hardware, software too, but as i get more members there will be more sections making things more clear, like lots of sections for hardware and so on...
craig_t
LITTLE bump Wink

forum is getting on, but i still need more members, so now it has more members, will people join up? i have only 1 theme on at the minute, but all that will be sored at the weekend...
andreh182
KMKM wrote:

Kudos!
~KMKM

therefore that I use phpbb...

Smile
craig_t
UDATE: new domain. www.thecomputerhideout.co.uk