FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

summer job, tell me about yours

imera
The summer is here and most people has a summer job, I want to know what you are doing this summer.

I am painting houses, babysitting, moving furniture and relaxing when I can, later on I will work in a flower shop.
schudder
I'll be a lifeguard in August, second year now (after getting my diploma last year). That's about it really, it pays good and studentwork is pretty regulated here anyway, so that's all I need.

Hey, getting €1400 (nearly $1800) for 18 days of work isn't bad for a student, imho.
haris3
Stuck at Home Depot but it's 5 mins away from work. Saves me alot on gas. There no point of getting a job far away, even if it pays a little more. The extra money i'll be making will go towards the extra driving.
m00tmuffin
My summer job is shoveling manure. Razz Nothing too super fancy obviously...but it pays well and is great exercise. /grin
imera
[quote="haris3"]There no point of getting a job far away [quote]

My jobs does not pay that much but it's something I can do so I won't sit on my ass all day long Smile
rpgmaker
For my summer job, I'm going off to upstate New York to work in a camp as a cook. It's actualy very interesting, even though it is far from home. Aren't summer jobs great? Yeah right i work at six flags and abotu to work at lil ceasers lol.
Jumpy
oh just getting minimal wage for cash registering at le boulanger for 5 hours a day.. good way to pay off gas
carlospro7
I have had trouble finding a summer job. I have had 2 jobs already and I am applying for two more because I haven't one that I like. I just graduated from high school and from now on my life will be going to work and college. I still need to get used the working life... Well I still havent decided where I am going to go for college because I keep changing my mind on what I want to do, maybe I'll just go to a community college as "undecided." Anyway, wherever I go I'll be doing something with computers, that's very likely to happen.
Mysterious Euphony
I'm going to be helping my dance teacher with the Beginner classes when summer arrives in December (since I live in Australia - you should really see how bad we feel at being slow compared to all of you in the United States Razz). A small percentage of the fees will go straight to my bank account. Smile

And then there's my job at the library. I'll be starting in summer - shelving everywhere. But at least I get to stay cool inside when everybody else is 'suffering' outside in the sweltering heat of an Australian season. Rolling Eyes *feels happy*
Mannix
Nothing, just the way I like it Wink. That and caddying, pays alot better than a job at the grocery store(no union dues, paid in cash on the spot(up to about 20 an hour)) only bad thing is that I have to deal with snobs sometimes(though in what job don't you?).
Bender1337
I work at my High-School i move stuff mainly along with other mindless task but i only get paid minium wage ($5.15). The only good thing about it is that you are able to take off when you want and you dont work that hard.
swsource
I am trying desperatly to GET a summer job. Sad
haris3
Does anybody any good Work from Home jobs. I'm pretty good with computers and can write great reviews or other surveys. But it must pay good. By good i mean, if i put in 6-8 hours a day online doing it, it better pay a lot or pretty decent.

Let me know if you of any good and genuine work from home jobs.

Thanks a lot.
snjripp
I really hav a fascinating summer job. I get to perform surgery with other surgeons. There are a number of things that I have already been able to perform including bilateral inguinal node excision, inguinal hernias, umbillical hernias, colonoscopies, and hemicolectomies.

It has be really interesting thus far. It took me a couple of years of med school to get this far, but I would recommend it it anyone. The issue is that there are these people who hav been doing it for years and are really good. they think that they know exactly how it should be done and they are right. I just can/t do it that way sometimes... Dexterity, limbic memory, and comfort repell me from being able to do a perftect job. But then there is no perfection....
viss00
I work this summer on a camping site Very Happy
xinafoid
work hard for parents, has its goods and its bads.
haris3
Working for parents would suck. I'm sure there are positive sides; like no boss and rules. But then your parents are watching everything and the fun goes out the front door.

What are the good and the bad sides of working with parents?
sarahmansour
used to work for my parent's grocery store. Sometimes I'd sneak and eat candy. The good thing, ofcourse, if i got caught they won't *fire* me. The bad part is they're my parents and I didn't get paid for the job, although having a house and food at home is good compensation I guess.
haris3
Most Work from home deals usually go bad for the worker. You pay money to get information and the information you get is totally different from what was advertised on the site.

It's a quick way for the company to get rich.
cyph33r
Programming on an open source project called Crystal Space 3D Engine as part of the Google Summer of Code.
chazcb
Full time student. And, actually, its not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Who knows, maybe I'll even do it again next summer.
tlambert
I'm not having one (because I started working for real), but I've had a lot of them: working at the store, foodhandling, working in a garage, working with garden furniture, administration and student management,...
Josso
Don't have one as yet but I'm hopefully getting a job at PMT (Proffesional Music Technology before you ask Rolling Eyes) on sundays. It's located in Oxford. I'm only 15 so It's quite limited of what you can do over here in the UK.
Aless
I wait tables...not so much a summer job, but a 'I can go to school at the same time' job. Getting rather sick of it, but it brings in the most dough for the least amount of hours when compared to other work.
kwolee89
My job is to learn stuff.
bargainhutz
i have been cleaning student houses, and im going to portugal to do voluntry work building a school for disabled children.
haris3
Finally got a part time graphic design job. it's only going to be for a lil while but it's going to give me a lot of experience.
Jakob [JaWGames]
I failed to get a "real" summerjob so I walks around cutting wood at home instead Smile it is not as well paid as a real summer job but I guess that I have to try harder to get one next year.
DonLeone
I work at the McDonalds Embarassed I couldnt find a good job so I tried the Mcdonalds and now I have to clean the restaurant all the day Confused But the good thing is I earn money there and the drinks are free Laughing
c'tair
Well, i kinda dont have a summer job officially, although im doin some web designing and graphic designing for a small company, dont know how much theyll pay but i like the job since i can practice my skills. Also, gonna try and make a site about web design, advertise myself, make some sites and get some cash. Oh, and dont think im not after fun summer jobs, i already did some except i didnt get paid cause it was for either friends or relatives. I already had to repair a small bridge, hut, dig hole (2x2x1,5), and do some other help. Soon im going to go and hand out leaflets, im also working on them now Very Happy .
Aiz
I was working for my Dad's company when I had time between my summer classes tying up loose ends for him. I was planning on working for him this following month too, but since we had a fall out, I get to stay home and relax @_@ *sighs*
haris3
Good Money, Office Job, Sit all day. Can't ask for more.
Rev` -
workin' alone in a sport center of km2, 200 m from the sea, looking at good chickz that are passing by, geeee Cool Cool

-Rev Cool
quartnee
I work at a daycare, and that's only because it is literally next door. There's this gravel driveway that's kinna like a boundry and then there's the daycare.

I have to say that it's not always the best job, especially when you have to work alone. After working here I feel so much more sympathetic to my teachers, past and present.

Sometimes I'll just watch all the chaos around me and think how in the world did my teachers deal with it. It's tough cause you have to watch what you say, and make sure you don't offend anyone's child, even if you know they're just acting up for attention.

After a while though you figure out who's the attention getters and who you can depend on to be good and help out, and surprisingly it becomes a brezee.

But I have to warn you, those first few weeks are a killer.
lunatic07
I was gonna work 16 and over in the grocery store nofrills but i found out i had to be 16 and over and im only 13 it was 160 bucks a week pretty good money i can use for my age anyways yeah i didnt get the job so i work for my dads company.
Shirish
I am just finding projects on RentACoder.com and bidding on them..

its a good time pass as you earn in Dollars too. and have a fully veerified asystem supported by Paypal ..
Timonator
I have 2 student jobs my first one i work in a fuel station but i only have to operate the pay-desk. and when i dont have to work there and the weather i nice i run a little open air bar at a lake.
haris3
Getting money for breathing each breath. I think what it's like 90 times a minute. So if a breath was woth a dollar how much money would have made since you were born?

Figure it out and see if you could have been a trillionaire.
Laughing

Timonator wrote:
I have 2 student jobs my first one i work in a fuel station but i only have to operate the pay-desk. and when i dont have to work there and the weather i nice i run a little open air bar at a lake.
lrj945
Sometimes I'll just watch all the chaos around me and think how in the world did my teachers deal with it. It's tough cause you have to watch what you say, and make sure you don't offend anyone's child, even if you know they're just acting up for attention. Getting rather sick of it, but it brings in the most dough for the least amount of hours when compared to other work.But then your parents are watching everything and the fun goes out the front door. I'm pretty good with computers and can write great reviews or other surveys. But it must pay good. By good i mean, if i put in 6-8 hours a day online doing it, it better pay a lot or pretty decent.
davidv
Summer job: Chef. I gained experience in the industry during the last two years of high school and so it's quite easy to find a job in this field even though I don't have that much experience. Although I am slightly disappointed the job doesn't correlate to my degree at the University. Nevertheless, being able to cook is definitely a skill that has potential to get the ladies. The pay is pretty good too. Laughing