FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Html page or Flash?

ultras0ound
I'm currently trying to design a new website...... can anyone tell mi should i do a Html kind or a flash kind?
elekis
that's depend to do what???

first , flash is a complete POO language oriented for game move or animation .

if you just wanna show some text , use html, it's more simple to learn or you can use a wysiwyg (like NVU)

that's really depend of what you wanna do
Hogwarts
Hmm...

With my site I'm currently doing I'm using a bit of everything.
I'm using CSS to make it look nice Smile (It took me 2 nights to learn it)
I'm using Flash 8 to do a sidebar
I'm using iframes so I can have a central piece with everything around it.
I''m using DIVs which count as html.

A healthy blend never went astray Wink
{name here}
Use flash, but ALWAYS have a link to an HTML version for search engine friendliness - bots don't read flash.
Kyoushu
Alot of the time the only good flash websites is the ones with amazing designs. I would rather do HTML because that's what Im good with. And, if you do use {name here}'s idea by having both a flash version and an html version than you can look at http://www.ndesign-studio.com/ for inspiration(flash version- http://www.ndesign-studio.com/flash/index.htm)
Donutey
If it's for any kind of navigation it would be better to not use flash, for compatibility and search engine visibility.
snowboardalliance
Flash only works good for a site when it's done nice and professionally. Unless you are really artistic, and I mean REALLY ARTISTIC, don't use flash.
elekis
{name here} wrote:
Use flash, but ALWAYS have a link to an HTML version for search engine friendliness - bots don't read flash.

yes now you can if you use xml data storage (and flash read this)
Sappho
elekis wrote:
{name here} wrote:

yes now you can if you use xml data storage (and flash read this)

Yep you are right, actually Flash evolved a lot in recent time, but most close minded people still dont see it (or don't want to). Flash can read anything if you are skilled with both PHP and Flash you can make any parser.

Yes its possible to make Flash site that bots can read, yes its possible to make Flash site that can be navigated through back/forward browser buttons, etc.

Its about all these Flash haters that mostly dont know a thing about Flash, just read about it like 2 years ago and now spread all these don't use Flash comments.

Did you ever heard a saying "Anything is possible, your skill and imagination are the only limits" ?
codenameshypher
well you have to know that html is more suported through internet as a source and it gets easier to the visitors. however java has some unique features. si it's up to your decision
bercha
html is easier and easy to understand
I dont recommend you to use flash because it takes long to load for some people. Good thing about flash is that it brings more people to go to your website if you have good design. I personally loves to go to sites that used flash.
FreeBay
does anyone know the % of computers worldwide with the flash plugin? i'm sure it is very high but some schools/universities dont have the flash plugin. any ideas?