FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the veronicas

filet
anyone here listen to veronicas...i especially love their the secret life of veronicas...the song that i wont miss listen to is 4ever...
jayandsilo
I hope youre a girl
HoboPelican
Aw, I got that song on my 'pod and I like it. Smile Reminds me of the GoGos.

@filet - what else would you recommend by them?
blackheart
They're alright in that if they're on the radio I won't bother switching stations, but their music doesn't offer anything unique or out of the ordinary. They don't have anything that sets them apart from the hoards of other talent flooding the airwaves... ten years from now people won't even remember them.

so basically, they're okay, but nothing great.
kazza
I think the 4eva song sounds so much like one of Pink's songs and has a close resemblence to the melody and beats of Kelly Clarkson's "Since you've been Gone". SO i'll have to agree with you about the questin of their 'originality'. The veronicas clothing style remind me of Avril, though Avril tends towards the grunge while the twins are kitsch.

But they're good singers though, I like listening to their acoustic versions of their songs. I do respect them, just as long as they don't start singing songs about crime or dress up as skanks Wink
spaz-o
They're pop, pop pretty much isn't original anymore. But never the less, they're good and I love em. They do Australia proud.

HoboPelican - A couple songs on their album are a little weird, they're kinda a-tonal in a sense. But I like "Did Ya Think", "Mouth Shut", "Leave Me Alone" and "Heavily Broken". Out of those, Did Ya Think is my favourite right now. It's more on the rock side (but it's still pop).

I think they'll be around for quite a while. 10 years, I don't know, but that's rare for anyone. They're certainly talented with fun personalities, which helps. And they went from nothing to internationally known very quickly.
menno
nice all Very Happy
thnx for the advise
spaz-o
I'm glad there's some support for them here. What with everyone now deciding pop isn't cool, and thus rejecting it. And I like seeing some new Aussie acts going international.
truth16
theyre ok, my little sister is into them, i dont think theyre that bad, but that would only because theyre from brisbane...
spaz-o
Very Happy They toured and I saw them.

I know that sounds insignificant, but I don't get to go to many concerts. And it was great, I was really close to the front Smile
spaz-o
Oh, and I know that this thread was old, but I made and thread and was told to continue the discussion here. So I am.

So don't bitch about reviving an dead thread.