FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Superman Returns

Ray Gravin
I was just wondering what some of my fellow frihost members thought about this movie. I mean even if you haven't seen It Im sure you have some kind of opinion. I know I was uncomfortable with them messing with this classic title. I saw it and I must say it wasn't "horrible" but I don't know.
chriswest
I saw it with a date just this weekend. Fantastic movie and im really hard on hollywood flicks.

humerous, romantic and tons of action. A real movie you can bring the kids too if you want. Really great stuff. Supermand RETURNS!! indeed.

Highly recommened.
8/10 (two points off cause it was pretty predictable.)
jipmerite
I live in Pondicherry, India and sad to say the geniuses here do not get the idea of showing English movies in English. So sadly I had to see it dubbed in Tamil of which I understand only a few words.

The action was good. Especially the space-shuttle scene. I cannot comment on the story as I understood very little. Had to read about it online to get most of the story. I won't write about it here so as not to spoil the plot for anyone who has not seen the movie.

I'd say this is a must see movie.
m00tmuffin
I thought it was really good. I was actually sorta hesitant to go out and see it (just never was really into Superman) but I did end up liking it quite a bit. The CGI and special effects weren't tacky at all as I feared they might end up being, and the rendered backgrounds and such were beautiful and seamless. The story was great, and the acting was really good too--all in all a must see, even for those who might be hesitant to go watch it. Smile
Revvion
Great movie and if you have seen the first 2 movies it really looks like a follow up, but not with bad stuff in it. story was good. Also found the jokes at some points verry good. (see piano incident)
jipmerite
Quote:
(see piano incident)

IF you mean the scene with the kid playing the piano on the boat, then I don't think it is supposed to be a joke. That insident is a major turning point in the kid's story. It reveals the truth behind the boy.
jeffsolodky
I saw it and liked most of it, but then I got to the end and couldn't watch it anymore. There was this horrible screaming in my head that wouldn't stop. Then I opened my eyes and saw a God-Damn baby infront of me screaming its head off. The damn mother wouldn't take it outside, so I missed the end of the movie, because I was so distracted.
tyrant
Personally the movie is an insult to the superman legacy. It was just another 1 of those overrated movies with mind blowing visual effects and thats all.

There is no flow in the script, the ending was a disaster. Is that all superman is capable off, lifting a piece of land into space.. i mean i expected alot more, not a incomplete ending that was covered up with good graphics. Oh and i can't believe that his son has asthma.. gosh , the only comic-based movie that really rocks is spider-man, good actors that fit the comic characters, natural flow in the story, and amazing visual effects.

I recommed smallville, the first 2 seasons at the very least were amazing, very well done. Roswell high is another good series. Oh well good movies are hard to come by.

ps : Check out "thank you for smoking", hilarious and down to earth.
hahame
i hear it,but still not see the film.may be it will better than the before one