FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange Collecter

TimeSpree
I work at an Antique Mall with a guy who is a registered Auctioneer and eBay Powerseller. I have become sort of the modern day version of a pirate or a treasure hunter; or at least that's how I justify assisting my boss in buying a lady's entire U2 80's concert t-shirt collection at a garage sale and selling it on eBay.

In any case, during our "adventures" in the junk profession we've met an interesting cast of characters. The one that sticks out the most is a 40-something that buys anything old and Coke related. He has a public storage dedicated to his collection that doesn't fit in his home. It doesn't seem to affect his lifestyle and I'm guessing he's fairly affluent. The guy I work with theorizes that it isn't actually his infatuation with Coke, but his obsession with the color red. It seems to make sense, as the first time I saw him he was wearing entirely red with a few black accents. Red shoes, red shirt and slacks, black belt with (of course) the Coke emblazoned belt buckle. Now that I think of it he even drove a red PT Cruiser.

Is it not really that farfetched that there are individuals out there like this? Is anyone like this/knows anyone like this?

I think it's kind of cool. Laughing
otiscom
For years I used to collect keys!
Don't know why but I did. This was from about six yers old right through my teens.

The collection grew to what could only be measured in tons!
At that stage I gave them to scrap metal dealer for 10.
jharsika
I collect rocks, shells, books, teddy bears, manga, Japanophelia, art, and other odds and ends! The rocks and shells are the easy ones to collect. Just pick 'em up as you see pretty ones on the ground!
Knoeki
I collect Retrocomputersystems and consoles. why? well... I don't know actualy, I just like it Laughing

/knoeki