FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

william
OK, in the TOS, it says

Quote:
We are neither an image host, file storage or downloads website. Uploading of big files is forbidden. All accounts with high traffic and/or high occupation of space will be checked.

My question is, how big can my files be? Also, does this mean I can't have downloads on my site? Please let me know.
SpellcasterDX
What that means is, you can't use your space to upload images and host them here. (Eg. Use your webhosting to host images. You can host your images at imageshack or photobucket.)
I think you are allowed to have downloads on your site.
william
Yeah, that's what I thought. My main question is what does it mean by "big?"
SpellcasterDX
Files that are really large. Like files that are like 200MB or something. Those are big files. I think the limit is 95.8 MB.

Edit: I checked it out in DirectAdmin, and found that the max upload file size indeed is: 95.8 MB.
william
Yeah, I know about the maximum upload, however, I'm still not sure on what is meant by "big."
Bondings
william wrote:
Yeah, I know about the maximum upload, however, I'm still not sure on what is meant by "big."

It was meant to be vague. Wink

If you have a website and you want to offer some (legal) downloads, like a program or movie you made, than that's perfectly fine, even if the file is 50MB big. However, you're not supposed to be using the space as a file storage or solely for downloads.
william
Oh, OK. Thanks for the information. Very Happy