FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody know Latin?

PatTheGreat42
'Cause I'd love to have "The gods favor the bold" (Said by Ovid) reliably translated. Thanks.
VCK9001
http://www.sunsite.ubc.ca/LatinDictionary/ may help.
James007
Di audacibus anteponunt.
SumPersonGuy
If you type in Latin translator in Google, google will give you a ton of translators. I've done it several times with other languages. This is especially useful if you're a conlanger.
schudder
Wouldn't trust online translators too much, they usually totally screw up the grammar.

"Di audacibus anteponunt."

That does seem correct... I had my doubts about the dativum used for audacibus, but I suppose that's cause of the "ante-" in the verb.
James007
Yes it is.
kazikame
Canis meus id comedit

That's the only Latin I know.
Helios
James007, where did you learn it? Took a course or something?
I'm really interested.
James007
I'm already at it for 5 years now. It's just part of school... (well not everyone follows it. Not everyone is smart enough to. Laughing Laughing Laughing )

James Smile
meet in rio
We do it at my school, too, although it's pretty easy for the first six years (if you learn enough vocab then you can usually figure things out). I don't know what happened this year, but I've suddenly found it really tricky.

I would never have the motivation to learn it if we didn't have lessons... too much darn grammar to learn. Anyone who has the dedication to learn it autonomously has my admiration. Cool
James007
We saw all the grammar after 4 years. Very Happy
PatTheGreat42
Thanks guys. I took Latin for a year (Not entirely sure why), but all I remember is that his name is pronounced You-lee-us Kai-zar, and that Vs are Ws.
musthavesims
Quid Facit musthavesims.

That is the little I remember from school. It means What is musthavesims doing? Or something like that.
James007
Topic solved.
Closed to prevent spam.
-close-