FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which actor would better fit as a new US president?

codenameshypher
I think Russell Crowe would do a great job. All his movies really did impress me, especially a beautyful mind
rajhank
i don't about actor but hollywood personality will be
George Lucas , he is my choice.
Mr. McCoy
Bruce willis... No doubt, he would lead the country to victory against the terrorisme Very Happy
HDirtwater
Are we talking about which actor is best to PLAY the president, or actually BE president? Kinda makes a big difference..... Wink
S3nd K3ys
The great thing about actors as president is that they're already used to someone else telling them how to act and what the story is... Wink
rip8fan1
Ron Howard. He was an actor before his directing days. I really think he would make a pretty good one!
HoboPelican
S3nd K3ys wrote:
The great thing about actors as president is that they're already used to someone else telling them how to act and what the story is... Wink

Now THAT was funny!

I would nominate Gary Oldman or maybe Malkovich. Weve had peace lovers, talking heads, illterati and perverts in office and look where we are. I say lets get someone terrifingly whacko and see how that goes! It might just spook our enemies enough. Very Happy
HDirtwater
I say lets get someone terrifingly whacko and see how that goes! It might just spook our enemies enough.

We did that already. His name was Richard Nixon. He regularly told his state department people to tell foreign leaders/ambassadors that he was nuts and no one knew what he might do next. He called it the "madman" theory. It got the Viet Cong to the negotiating table.....lol
pennymellow
Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom should share office so I have something pretty to look at. Wink

I was genuinely disappointed to find out that Walken's 2008 Presidential Campaign wasn't real. I could genuinely see that man as president.
CWFwrestling
William Shatner circa 1982 but he's Canadian Laughing . Maybe one of the Baldwins, if one gets assasinated you can always prop another in without missing a beat.
HoboPelican
CWFwrestling wrote:
William Shatner circa 1982 but he's Canadian Laughing . Maybe one of the Baldwins, if one gets assasinated you can always prop another in without missing a beat.

The only Baldwin who should be in the White House is Adam Baldwin!
rightclickscott
I've always had a man-crush on Nicholas Cage. He would definetly be a great mix of diplomacy and badassery.
pennymellow
rightclickscott wrote:
I've always had a man-crush on Nicholas Cage. He would definetly be a great mix of diplomacy and badassery.

And, hey, at least we know that the Declaration of Independence would always be safe, and that an adorable blonde girl would possibly be involved. It would be such an adventure, having Nicoholas Cage as the president. I would find a way to convince Australia to unite with America so that we could have a piece of that action/drama/little-bit-o'-romance pie.
rip8fan1
Expanding your title to include 'Actress', I'll also put in a vote for Julia Roberts. I think she would be awesome in the oval office.
rein
The next american president should somehow try to save americas international reputation. The only one who can really pull tht off -in my opinion- is Dennis Quaid.
HoboPelican
rein wrote:
The next american president should somehow try to save americas international reputation. The only one who can really pull tht off -in my opinion- is Dennis Quaid.
And Randy as VP? Very Happy
tauba_tauba
Kate Winslet can be the first female US President

JML897
Well, if Dennis Haysbert(Allstate commercial guy) can play David Palmer from 24 again...he's definitely my choice.
Diebels
For the reputation the us have at this time in the world, i think Martin Short would represent this perfectly Laughing
codenameshypher
the right topic was about actors not actresses. and then you know the joke: there were three women (blondes if necesary) that catched the gold fish and the fish told them to make a wish each and release him. well the first one wnated to become smart and she became redhaded, the second one- smarter than the first- so she became brownheaded. Finally the third one wanted t obecome smarter than both the others so she became "A MAN"!
PS. girls if you don't like my reply you can always anounce the bondings for my exclusive sense of umor, free attitude towards you, political discriminational personal opinion and if its not enough invent something yourself Shocked
HoboPelican
codenameshypher wrote:
the right topic was about actors not actresses. and then you know the joke:

Actually, the word actor can be applied to either male or female. Rolling Eyes
codenameshypher
HoboPelican wrote:
codenameshypher wrote:

Actually, the word actor can be applied to either male or female. Rolling Eyes
yess of course and the word actress is apllied to aliens right? (let me guess...female here? plus probably blonde Embarassed ).
colilon
I think Harrison Ford has the needed quals. and he would feet perfectly.

For a woman I would have to say the one from Boston Legal, the short-hair blond, cant remember her name...
HoboPelican
codenameshypher wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:
codenameshypher wrote:

Actually, the word actor can be appliec to either male or female. Rolling Eyes
yess of course and the word actress is apllied to aliens right? (let me guess...female here? plus probably blonde Embarassed ).

Uh, grab a dictionary.

From freedicitonary.com (others similar)
Quote:
actor Pronunciation n.
1. A theatrical performer.
2. One who takes part; a participant:

As in the Screen Actors Guild. The use of the -ess construction is a recent addition to the language and is somewhat of an issue (see here -ess). The upshot is that an Actress is a female actor. An Actor can be either male or female.

So, please, don't be so fast to show your sexism and ignorance of the English language.
TarsajumaClan
Dear God, Please dont let us have some insane liberal actor.

Just for fun though, wouldnt it be amazing to see Arnald as Secratary of Defense
Ms.Pseudo
Haven't you Americans learned anything? You already had one actor as an president. And you have Arnold, who in earnest wants to be a politician. A seriously taken politician.

If your next president should be an actor, maybe Conan O'Brian (almost an actor Smile) would be best choice. After all, he already looks like a president Laughing
schudder
Hehehe, Conan would be so awesome in office. And you'd finally have a president you could laugh about without having to make fun of him. Excellent.
lesqueege
Billy Bob Thornton
pudovkin
Since US already had Reagan, I can believe anyone could fit the job. I agree with Arnold (as Conan, of course!).
The Phoenix
Why not George Clooney??
I think he could carry it out.
Maybe he could do it in his Batman costume, maybe that would 'scare the Terrorists'!!
sandeepca
hey how about Jim Carey!!!!!! Everyone will have a cheerful and happy time while hes prez!
rein
an excellent sugestion. I vote Carey Cool
mtoni
Maaaatt Daaamonnn

(pronounced like in Team America)
Nigeria
I think Denzel Washington would be a great president he is funny and caring I love all of his movies. Go Denzel!!!!!!
jveezy
JML897 wrote:
Well, if Dennis Haysbert(Allstate commercial guy) can play David Palmer from 24 again...he's definitely my choice.

AMEN to that. Palmer is probably the most honest president this country has ever seen. I'd love for him to be a real president some day. If you want to talk about looking "presidential" he certainly fits the mold.
rightclickscott
Nicholas Cage, I mean, he's smart, he's sensitive, he's badass, and he's charming! He's so dreamy!
timothymartin
How about Sean Connery? Wink
silverdown
Denzel Washington or Chris Rock.... or why not jakie chan Smile