FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need 2 recover my data- plz recommend data recovery software

manumiglani
About 2 days ago I accidently deleted a 21 gb folder on my windows xp.

Now, I need to get my data back....

Please recommend me a software that would be able to do that.

I would prefer a freeware or a demo version but I also do not mind paying for a really good software......
anthonygerbils
ok the best software recovery software out there to date is O&O disk recovery and u can get a free trial for a couple of days and this would be well enough ... but there is others which are free but i will be honoust all they will find is really photos but i could be wrong but anyway i recomend O&O
umumkan
Try this -> getdataback http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm
its very powerfull, I am high recomended for you to using it. Even if your hardisk accidently formated, getdataback can recover. Good luck

Quote:
No matter what the disaster scenario is-
GetDataBack will recover your data if the hard drive's partition table, boot record, FAT/MTF or root directory are lost or damaged, data was lost due to a virus attack, the drive was formatted, fdisk has been run, a power failure has caused a system crash, files were lost due to a software failure, files were accidentally deleted...
Recover even when Windows doesn't recognize the drive-
GetDataBack can even recover your data when the drive is no longer recognized by Windows.
It can likewise be used even if all directory information - not just the root directory- is missing.

Get everything back-
Advanced algorithms will make sure that all directories and sub directories are put together as they were, and that long file names are reconstructed correctly.

GetDataBack is safe-
GetDataBack is read-only, meaning the program will never attempt to write to the drive you are about to recover. Please make sure to read the safety instructions...
GetDataBack is easy to use-
The software enables the regular user to conduct his own data recovery by guiding him through five easy to understand steps, thus gives the advanced user the possibility to interfere with the recovery and improve the results, by examining the scan log, the file system details, file and directory information, by selecting the sector range to be scanned, by choosing excessive search for file systems or search for lost files, by calling Runtime's DiskExplorer.
kernel_geek
Dont you have backups :s

What filesystem are you using ??

But to be honest if you want it done propally then get a data recovery expert to sort it out
orno
i can also recommend getdataback
helped me save a 250GB disk once so its my personal favorite...
manumiglani
Well my file system is FAT32.

Well I used Recover My Files, But it does not allowed me to obtain my data in the same directory structure and with the same files name.

Is there any software which can recover my data with the same files names as they were present before.

can GetDataBack do that?
umumkan
you should try to know it, but this is true worked for me. I think getdata back the best software for like this case
anthonygerbils
ok getbackdata looks gud but its not as powerfull as O&O disk recovery
umumkan
anthonygerbils wrote:
ok getbackdata looks gud but its not as powerfull as O&O disk recovery

can you give explanation where or how powerfull o&o disk recovery than getdataback ? so i can try later. thanks
mr_krizz
As somebody said, it is best to have up-to-date backups. But, anyway,
despite being aware of necessity of them, I never do them. Because of lack of time or need to allocate some storage media.
Anyway, when I have a problem with data loss, I use the cool german free tool called PcInspector. It is available here: http://www.pcinspector.de/
stoned_spirit
try Recover My Files 2006 ( V . 3.94 ) it is a very powerful tool for data recovery .

you can download a trial version from : www.recovermyfiles.com

good luck ! Very Happy
pudovkin
GetDataBack, definitely.
And take a look on this post also:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43714.html