FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

University of Wisconsin

WeAlreadyHaveACult
is a school but now they are going to make it the wisconsin state university but i dropped out anyway and i hate school but i might go to the community college and do some studying of something that i at least could blablalhalkjsl
indeedwrestling
Based on the post above, if I was from the University of Minnesota, I think I'd have plenty of fodder for all the stereotypes that are held there about WI citizens.
JoeFriday
being from Wisconsin and having attended a state university, I feel compelled to defend my alma mater.. however, the first post really does make us cheeseheads look bad.. what was the point of it, and what does it even mean? ya got me

as much as I don't like the environment of UW-Madison (it's generally called the Berkeley of the midwest), it really is an excellent public university

oh, and if you've seen that it was ranked No. 1 for public 'party schools', I would have to point out that Madison students are considered 'amateurs' by UW Oshkosh students
fashioncrimewave
I grew up in Madison. It's a great place. Not sure why you don't like the environment - beautiful lakes, comfortable summers, lots of cultural-type stuff to see and do.

If you're talking about the cold winters, OK, I can understand. I grew up with it so I like it. If you're from California or Florida, not so much. Now I live in St. Louis, and the summers are miserably hot and humid.

If you're talking about politics, most college towns are similar in leaning left.

But I like to get out and explore... did my undergrad at Truman State in Missouri and then master's at University of Michigan. Ann Arbor is another great town that is very similar to Madison.

Cheeseheads forever!!! Twisted Evil
JoeFriday
sorry.. I meant 'political environment'.. or rather, 'politically-correct environment'

yeah, I know most university towns are tilting to the left, but Madison has always been so far to the left that it can only make left-handed turns Very Happy

but I agree that it's a gorgeous city with a lot to do, and an interesting atmosphere, if nothing else.. I honestly wouldn't mind living there most of the time