FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Russia implies her politics to exsoviet countries

codenameshypher
Regardless of all the international organizations of economics and politics, Russia still had the gutts to implement some politics that would cut most of the export for some eastern europe countries due to their unwillingness of accepting its gas and oil high prices.
Quote:
MOLDINFO EXPRESS
does it still have the authority either the power to decide independent country's destiny?
codenameshypher
In my opinion, it is another way of using its tactics in order to keep the overall control on thoes specific countries. But one thing still remains Weird- Why do all the int. organization maintain the sillence?
Soulfire
Apparently they think they can. Isn't that how communism spread? The Soviet Union just kinda moved in and controlled independent nations. I believe these nations under Soviet domination were referred to as "satellite nations."

Hmm... Interesting.
cbf-cma
Is there an article you read this from? It would help if there was more information.
mikakiev
Belarus depends on Russia completely,Moldova wanna join Romania,everyone wanna have a better life.
harismushtaq
You have not given any detail of what tactics russia is playing and how did it control the economy of its former states. In general, there are different ways, different nations play around with thier resources and they can effect others but i don't think economy of any oter country depend completly upon finance or raw material from russia.
deanhills
Clearly the Governments of those countries affected by Russia's policy, know something the man in the street does not, otherwise there would have been more news from them. I am wondering whether this is some sort of gesturing by Russia, in order to negotiate gas prices?
hunnyhiteshseth
I think he is referring to fact that russia has threatened to cut-off gas supplies to Ukraine if it doesnt pay up money it owes to Russia.

Well i think russia surely has authority to say so and probably also has power to control independent nation's destiny.
I think these gas & oil resources are property of Russia so it surely has right to sell at whatever price it deems fit. Also, it can control other nations's destiny by just cutting out oil supplies to it, moving resolutions in security council & above all still enjoys veto power in UNSC. I think we would certainly see a resurgent Russia in coming years.
Nick2008
If Eastern Europe, and especially Ukraine expects to get oil and gas, they must pay their debt first.