FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


FTP Problem





EternalDragon
Whenever I try to access my FTP, it says Cannot Find Server or whatever. Why is this?
Deviatorz
did you enter the correct IP server for the FTP to connent too?
Helios
Just login like this:

Host: edgaming.frihost.net
User: edgaming
Password: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

that's it!
it should work.
mOrpheuS
Helios wrote:
Just login like this:

Host: edgaming.frihost.net
User: edgaming
Password: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

that's it!
it should work.


the username would be your cPanel username, and same applies to the password.
(I think the username is not edgaming, it's eternald)
and if you are trying to use one of the additional ftp accounts that you have created, then the username would be username@edgaming.frihost.net, not just username
EternalDragon
I put in the right name and pass, it just says Cannot Find Server Confused
Bockman
EternalDragon wrote:
I put in the right name and pass, it just says Cannot Find Server Confused


try using Host: ftp.edgaming.frihost.net
EternalDragon
Bockman wrote:
EternalDragon wrote:
I put in the right name and pass, it just says Cannot Find Server Confused


try using Host: ftp.edgaming.frihost.net


Tried. It still doesn't work. It says Page Cannot Be Displayed.
Helios
What FTP client are you using?
EternalDragon
Tried the main one.
mOrpheuS

that message box is a ftp message. (so basically it's working for me) Confused

and by the way, ftp.edgaming.frihost.net works as well.

there does not seem to be a problem with the ftp server.
most likely the problem is at your end.
can you access any ftp server at all ?
if your internet connection doesn't allow access to port 21 (ftp), you can probably use a web2ftp client, but that will provide you only as much functinoality as you can have with the cPanel file manager (which, i think, is not so bad for file management)
Wink
Bondings
Try to use an FTP-program instead of a browser and see if that works.
Helios
For example www.flashfxp.com

*google*
CuteFTP
SmartFTP

etc..
EternalDragon
I found a FTP program. Let's hope it works...
EternalDragon
I hope this doesn't count as a double post, but, it worked!

Problem Solved Very Happy
Helios
Well, that great.


I know only 1 browser that is good as a FTP client(even more than a browser lol).. called Konqueror.
EternalDragon
Now I only have one other problem...can someone help me install Platinum Nuke? Laughing
Aunder
mOrpheuS wrote:

that message box is a ftp message. (so basically it's working for me) Confused

and by the way, ftp.edgaming.frihost.net works as well.

there does not seem to be a problem with the ftp server.
most likely the problem is at your end.
can you access any ftp server at all ?
if your internet connection doesn't allow access to port 21 (ftp), you can probably use a web2ftp client, but that will provide you only as much functinoality as you can have with the cPanel file manager (which, i think, is not so bad for file management)
Wink


you can use iexplore only need click ok... after click right and then it sees the options "login as" and put you details. of course the best way use ftp client.

of you help about install you portal try to use fantastico.. easy to use and no need anything more
EternalDragon
That wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about not being able to see the FTP at all.
Besides, problem was solved a long time ago...
xiao
I had the same problem once Smile
I also solved it just by getting an FTP client Wink
mOrpheuS
Solved a while back

-close-
Related topics
Ftp problem
FTP problems --> Use Filezilla and/or active mode
FTP problem
FTP problem: 500 I won't open a connection to [internal IP]
ftp problem
What is wrong with FTP???
ftp problem
FTP Problem
FTP problem...
FTP Problem
User FTP to WebSite
DirectAdmin and FTP problem
SMF ftp problem
Still i have that ftp problem
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.