FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can clicking new post take you directly to the newest post?

AndiMac
I'm very new here, so I might be missing something. I did do a bit of a search to see if the topic had been discussed before, but I didn't find anything.

Here on my 2nd visit to the forums, I tried clicking on the orange flag beside the topic title where new posts are indicated for each thread. I see this takes me to the top of the last page with new posts. I'm wondering if it's possible that instead of the top page, it can take you directly to the first new message on the page.

I don't know if this is a limitation of the forum software or if it's specifically set up like this for some reason unknown to me. Apologies if it's been discussed before.
wumingsden
AndiMac wrote:
I'm very new here, so I might be missing something. I did do a bit of a search to see if the topic had been discussed before, but I didn't find anything.

Here on my 2nd visit to the forums, I tried clicking on the orange flag beside the topic title where new posts are indicated for each thread. I see this takes me to the top of the last page with new posts. I'm wondering if it's possible that instead of the top page, it can take you directly to the first new message on the page.

I don't know if this is a limitation of the forum software or if it's specifically set up like this for some reason unknown to me. Apologies if it's been discussed before.

It is a bug in this forum, not the actual forum software. I have already opened a thread in the suggestions forum about this so maybe Bondings can get it fixed?

In the meantime you can still be taken to the last post. When you seach or look through a forum you will notice the "Last Post" column. Underneath this is the data and time and username of the person who last posted. Next to this username is the button and if you press it it will take you to the latest reply.
AndiMac
That's right, I forgot about that. Am so used to using the topic title button on the left-hand side. That's probably enough of a work around for me, thanks for the reminder! Smile