FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Applying for job: Please help

Wynand
Applying for job: Please help

I am applying for a job at an accounting firm: Ernst & Young. There are a few questions which I don’t know the exact answer to, too maximize the change that I will get the position. Can you please help me? Here are the questions:

Why did you choose Charted Accountancy as a career?
For the money of course, but you cannot day that.

Why are you interested in working for Ernst & Young?
I just apply at as many firms as possible. If I get a job at yours, Good.
Vrythramax
Not sure if this will help, but here goes...

Quote:

I have trained for, and I excel in the practice of this vocation. I also have a great desire to gain employment in this particular field.

Quote:

The firm has an impecable reputation from what I have been able to learn, and I feel this firm is best suited for me as there may be chances for possible advancement.

of course the wording could be changed to best suit your tastes, but it's a start Smile
sujan
r nt u capable so
pjv
possible answers:

you love accounting

its your passion

you feel that you will have a better career

endless opportunity

practical

Wynand
Wow, thank you everybody for the great advice. I will post here if I get the job.
horseatingweeds
Wynand,

Don’t answer according to the above advice. They are wrong. You need to answer the questions in a NON-GENERIC way and in a way that describes how you would benefit the organization.

Wynand wrote:

Something like:

I have always been very detail oriented and organized so accounting has always come natural to me. At university, I found that I had a particular ability and fondness for Charter Accounting.

Wynand wrote:

I have always admired and respected the organization of Ernst & Young and firms like it. It is my goal to become a highly productive member of such a wonderful organization.
JoeFriday
the last post was correct.. you can't give generic answers and expect to stand out.. the HR people see thousands of resumes every week.. 90% of them give answers that dodge the question.. they're looking for someone who has done some research and knows what their company does and how the applicant might fit in

give answers that refer to your previous history or skills.. give an example of how you personally might be able to benefit the company.. they don't care what they can do for you.. they care what you can do for them
Biodiesel
Good luck, and don't forget your towel.