FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Other Sites > Neopets

CameraKitten
Yes, I do realize I am verging on becoming very un-cool, but hey, neopets is FUN! And dont knock it, we all had our nerdy internet niche's once upon a time...At least its somewhat educational and rewarding for the young ones. I haven't really grown out of it yet, so I guess I qualify as a big kid. Lol. Is anyone here into Neopets as well?
rightclickscott
1: The title of your topic suggests that other sites are better than Neopets.

2: There are SOOO many better games out there than Neopets. Try Kingdom of Loathing if you've got a crappy computer, since they are both basic PHP/text games. Besides, it's alot more fun, since you're doing much more than comparing prices on merchandise. There are plenty of good games out there, and the way Neopets goes, it doesn't make the cut compared to other communities, and, as much as I hate Gaia Online, I actually got addicted alot easier to that. I'm sorry, but I can't stand Neopets at this point.
CameraKitten
Hahaha. I never really noticed the subject. Freudian slip, I guess!

Subeta is an awesome pet site too. Their artwork is immaculate, and ten times better than neopets. But what can I say, I'm a creature of habit, and I've been at neopets at least 5 years. Lol. I'll check those sites when I have more time, thanks! I'll make sure to blame my referral on you. ^.~
TeenZine
I got a neo pet for the kid i babysit but when I stop sitting for her cause she moved He pet became unhelthy and i belive is available from the pound.
alkady
Wow that is some first impression, Neopets is ...... I'm not going to say it. But it isnt what it used to be about, Ever since Viacom acquired it for a sweet hundred million *Drowling, It's became a for profit site, And I can't believe they made a PS2 Game and coming out with a movie, I know I'll be annoyed because my little sis plays it.
Code of Ruin
Neopets: either you love it or hate it. I took a look at the site once. Can't say I was very impressed by it. It may be nice for young children because of all the bold colours and kiddy stuf (not to be judging you Camerakitten). I just dislike it. There are many other online communities/games that I find much more fun. Gaia online is a nice exemple from rightclickscott. Maybe I am just a pessimist but I think Neopets overall is lacking quality.
Ellosha
I still like Neopets, not nearly as much as I used to, but you get attatched. I only go on every few days now, since I discovered things online I enjoy more. Its still a lot of fun to go back to now and then, and play around. Though it is a bit childish I suppose, and probably a waste of time, its a fun way to waste time, so I still go.
azrael85
They are o.k, I Never got into the whole neopet/Gigapet craze, It just wasn't my type of thing.
hlavco
I've been going to one lately called Zetapets. It's similar, but still in its early stages. There are only a few places, and about 90 users on at once. I don't know why I check back so often, but I'm hoping it starts getting better soon. It's actually just Zetapets.com. If you join, feel free to tell them that I referred you. I've heard that referrls are the only way to level up, though there's no real point to levelling because they haven't finished the battle place yet.

To summarize, if you like Neopets, but wish there wasn't so much going on, with tons and tons of users, then Zetapets is for you.
Nameless
I am very happy to say I am one of the people who HATE Neopets and fine the game, concept and assorted similiar pet-games utterly, UTTERLY boring, pointless and stupid. I have nothing against people who like it, but I myself do not. Truly, Grass Growing > Neopets. Watch that grass grow! Yeah!
CameraKitten
Quote:
It's actually just Zetapets.com. If you join, feel free to tell them that I referred you.

Lol, I've been there before. XD. I stopped going there because the Battle Dome was SO LONG COMING, and there was NO WAY to lodge your pets and you had to feed them EVERY DAY and play with them EVERY DAY...It just got to be MONOTINOUS. I mean sure they're based on real life living as far as their needs go, but I dont have 6 hours plus to RS food for my freakin pets!!! Lol. I prefer Subeta.org, their artwork is IMMACULATE...
rightclickscott
Code of Ruin wrote:
Gaia online is a nice exemple from rightclickscott.

Yeah, but I also extremely hate Gaia as well. Like I said before, and on many occasions, I prefer KoL. There are too many bad online games, well, too many bad games in general. KoL is just one of those that stands out for me. Speaking of which, I actually haven't been on in awhile, been playing on my new PS2.
kazikame
I used to love neopets when I was younger. I used to go on it everyday. Once you get past your preteen years though, it loses its touch.
meet in rio
Kingdom of Loathing is quite fun, although it can become a little tedious after a while.

I'm absolutely obsessed with Ludus Equinus, chiefly because the owner is so damn cool.

Horseland is very simple but very dull, and Animal Acres is alright, but nowhere near as fun as Ludus Equinus.
Revvion
Played it for a while and loved it, but then it slowly lost its touch
OutlawSpirit
when i was about 12ish i was on neopets... that s-it is addicitive... but i grew outta it and it got 2 repetitive after a while... not a bad game tho for young kids who r bored like i was once upon a time

Cool
davman
I've played neopet a while, but i were like 10 years old and it was at the beginning of the website Very Happy It was my mother that fax my inscription Laughing

It's a nice site, but I got bored, so I change for Flyff game, it's nice. If someone want my neopet account, i have a 3 years old's account, and i give for free Wink
izcool
NeoPets changed my life, especially on computers, forever.

I loved NeoPets when it was good a few years ago (I'm talking 2001, 2002, and 2003), but I don't much like it any longer since they sold a couple of times and it doesn't seem much more welcoming than it did before.

The reason why I say that it changed my life was because I started my own virtual pet site in 2002 and sold it in 2004 for $500.00 (I could have gotten more for it but I wanted to get rid of it quick). The website is called GiroPets and is at http://www.giropets.net/. To be perfectly honest, the site's not been updated at all since I sold it. Very little on it has changed since I was owner.

I'm in the middle of making a new web game, but it'll take some time before the thing really looks good. Wink

- Mike.
thiamshui
hsadmin
CameraKitten wrote:
Yes, I do realize I am verging on becoming very un-cool, but hey, neopets is FUN! And dont knock it, we all had our nerdy internet niche's once upon a time...At least its somewhat educational and rewarding for the young ones. I haven't really grown out of it yet, so I guess I qualify as a big kid. Lol. Is anyone here into Neopets as well?

Well.. I was on neopets for several years, then finnaly stop late last year.. Yes, they have SEVERAl games, most of them fun.. And they get new games every week.. You can even meet new people on there.. Neopets is still in and I didn't know it. Laughing lol