FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

white box

Eyre
Well, i can't figure out what's wrong, so i decided to post here. I've got a transparent .png image acting as a spacer so i can center an image. On one of my computers, the image appears as transparent, and you can only see the background, on another computer, it's sitting there as a white box. I'm wondering why this is happening.

Go here to see what i'm talking about
puredazzle
why dont you just place the image in an border?

like this:

Code:
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="middle">your image here...</td>
  </tr>
</table>
Eyre
Never mind i fixed it. i used a png, and on firefox it showed transparence, but in IE it was white. I changed the image to a .gif and it works fine now.
puredazzle
ok. but if you use my script it will be center/center on every screen and every resolution... i think its a better way to do it.
sprinqles
I also experienced the same problem, I'm guessing that it might have to do with the browser you're using. Or screen resolution? Try updating the browser you're using, it might solve the problem. Smile
Ikthar
It surely is the browser, since Firefox supports PNGs and Internet Explorer doesn't support it. That's one of the hundreds of reasons for wich I use Firefox... Cool
rfwrangler
You should try to get away from using spacer images for your layout. People use different resolutions and by using a static size image for spacing your are making it hard for people to use different resolutions.

If you use divs with CSS you will get a better layout that will adapt to different resolutions and you could design it so that it will work with mobile devices as well.