FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Directory.

Lapinbleu
The Frihost Directory - what a good idea!

One observation - there could be a body{background-color:#######} in the external stylesheet, for there isn't one. Most browsers have their default background set to white, and so would not notice this. I set my browsers to pale background colours so that I can tell whilst testing if the background colour is working correctly, and to remind me which browser is which - (Opera, Firefox, IE, in that order...)

Just an idea - I quite often see sites where the background-color and color are forgotten, because they are usually white and black. This is poor coding. Try setting your browser defaults to, say, #fff0c8 and #632910 - I find off-white pages more restful on the eyes after a long day at the qwertyuiop.

But thanks again to Opera - with a quick ^g key you can switch off the lime-green-on-black-background colour schemes that some sites insist on, and drop into your relaxing defaults...
Bondings
Lapinbleu, I'm working on a new design for the whole website. The current layout of the directory was made pretty quickly with the idea that a new design would be coming soon. The soon takes quite long, but it is coming.
Lapinbleu
Bondings wrote:
Lapinbleu, I'm working on a new design for the whole website. The current layout of the directory was made pretty quickly with the idea that a new design would be coming soon. The soon takes quite long, but it is coming.

OK! The directory is a great idea - I'm waiting 'till I have a decent site to present before signing up - no "Under Construction" pages... All this takes a while - I have never been able to test pages on-line up to now, and I am learning fast. Some graphics, especially animations, work much faster than I had thought and can be made bigger/longer, and being able to see your own stuff at the library, or in cafés, is very educational.

Comments on backgrounds were for general consumption, as quite a few sites I visit from here have this default-colour problem.

Nice post about spelling and grammar - I thought at first it was a F$5 fine for everyone, like a swear-box. You'd make a fortune! I would start and contribute to a Basic English thread to help with the its/it's there/their/they're problems, but if folks can't be arsed to use a spell-checker first... Perhaps some publicity for Aspell, which works in form-boxes, as here.

"God bless the work!" as they say in Ireland. (Can't do the accent in UTF8..)
Panthrowzay
Bondings I know that you are pretty relaint on your own coding skills but your sitting on a gold mine of coders at least 90% of the people here have touched so form of coding, mostly html. SO please at lease let some one see a copy of the theme to test on a test site, this thing is PHP based some one is bound to be running PHPbb so that you can get a second opion before you make the big change, aka Beta testing, yes i am aware of your modifits.