FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website member gallery

fionab
Hi all
I would like to have the feature that allows the members of my site to post pictures - photoshop work for help and critique. Which is the best way to do this. I would also like to host my tips and tutorials as well as files that I develop for the members, any sugesstions as to which is the best way to do this. Especially from a security point of view.
Simulator
The best way to do this would be to learn PHP, and everything should be explained as you learn, the best way, IMO, is with the PHP and MySQL for dummies book, its how I learned, and I have made a site much like what you are looking for.

www.simandsim.com
sprinqles
If you want the easy way out I suggest you install a photo gallery(i.e. 4 Image Gallery). then just make a website to feature tips and tutorials and put a link to your gallery. Smile
rfwrangler
Simulator wrote:
The best way to do this would be to learn PHP, and everything should be explained as you learn, the best way, IMO, is with the PHP and MySQL for dummies book, its how I learned, and I have made a site much like what you are looking for.

www.simandsim.com

I agree that the best way is to learn PHP and MySQL. Another good source to learn this from is O'Reilly's PHP in a Nutshell and MySQL in a Nutshell. These are the sources that I am using to learn from.