FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to use your homepage to advertise yourself?

Larsza
Hi,

Could anyone please write down some thougts/guidelines on what to think about? Both conceptual and technical information will be appreciated.

I'm no newbie on computers and internet, but I appreciate if you detail your answers at least enough to explain the concepts in order to ease further research.

Lars
Ka7raK
Just grab a portfolio template and edit. Post your past works and experience.
FunDa
Just find some CV Writing site and follow the tips.
http://www.cvtips.com/

And list your site on major jobsites and search engines
ocalhoun
That would be spiffy...
I'll do that in the future. They ask me for a resume? I tell them to go to www.zzzzz.zzzzzz.net, and it'll be there. Nice.
As for the technical side of it, a rudimentary knowlege of HTML should be just fine, just do a google search for 'HTML Tutorial', and you'll find lots of help. That way, you also learn how to build web pages as you work.

If you're just scared of coding (some people are for some reason), you could just tell how you want it in the marketplace and pay someone frih$ to do it for you. (Now that's the easy way)
A wysiwig html editor would suit you just fine for this project, but I might warn you, like Yoda, 'Once you start down the quick and easy path, forever will it dominate your destiny.'
Quiviro
If you want to make a good CV and you live in Europe, try here europass
Good luck!