FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for recomendations

Eyre
Well, my favorite type of game are space sim type things such as Freelancer, Universal Combat, the Battlecruiser Millenium series, etc. I'm kind of looking for something similar to these. I'm looking for:

1.Multiplayer feature*
2.Active Multiplayer community*
3.Slightly newer
4.Large Universe
5.Customizable ships
6.Large playing paramaters (such as being able to do basically whatever you want)--
7.Free*

*=Required
--=Kind of required
anything else would be good to have.

Basically i'm looking for something like EVE online, but free. And i CAN'T pay for EVE or anything. I'd love to, but i can't, it's just not possible for me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
rightclickscott
Well, Escape Velocity, one of my favorite games of all time, is supposed to go online, but I'm not sure if it's going to be f2p or p2p.
Eyre
hmm...looks pretty cool
matttai
well if you put multiplayer requirement aside...because theres not alot of those around as far as i know. and you just cut out EVE which is arguably the best (and only?) one i know of.

OFFLINE. The latest one i played that was very enjoyable (and more so than Freelancer might i add) was X3 Reunion.
Same style gameplay, very awesome. Lots of customisable ships and a massive living world, non linear. The missions are also not as repetitive as Freelancer got to be. Definitely worth buying.

Pity that space shooters are barely catered for anymore in the industry. But once in a while a great gem does come along like X3. Its believed to be the successor to Privateer so it goes to say its something Smile
exarkun
You could find tons of games online, just by typing 'free mmorpg' in goolge. Then from there you could find ratings and reviews on the different games and hope you find one that suits your needs.