FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why can't i install a forum?

zlang
i 've upload all of the forum files,and when i find the install.php in public_html,there is no link to let it begin installing,so who can help me how can i do? Question
wumingsden
zlang wrote:
i 've upload all of the forum files,and when i find the install.php in public_html,there is no link to let it begin installing,so who can help me how can i do? Question

If you wish I will install it for you, I will need the name of the forum software (phpBB, SMF, etc) and your hosting details which you should send via PM.

It you want to do it yourself then where is it installed? Do you want your forum to be your main site and if so have you uploaded all files to the public_html directory? have you CHMOD'ed the config.php file?

Have you tried going to /install ?
- - - so www.yoursite.frih.net/forum/install or
- - - - - www.yoursite.frih.net/install/
Ratman2050
zlang wrote:

What are you trying to install? PHPNUKE? CPGNUKE? PHPBB? Other than that tell me what Database you have. Tell us more information so we could help you. When you install youre files into the public_html folder if you did them precisely, then when you go to your website it should show you an install page to create your Administrator Account.
zlang
Quote:
then when you go to your website it should show you an install page to create your Administrator Account.

Laughing thank you very much ,i do like you said,it start works .ok ,my website have no problem right now.
squeakypants
Just so you know, if you want to install phpBB or SMF, you can just use fantasisco in cpanel.
SpellcasterDX
squeakypants wrote:
Just so you know, if you want to install phpBB or SMF, you can just use fantasisco in cpanel.

zlang is hosted on Server 2, (he joined on June 28th 2006) which uses DirectAdmin. And DirectAdmin doesn't have fantastico. Laughing
raaeft1
I was installing attachment mod on my forum using easymod. I got success message and I was careless enough not to back up the database. But when I clicked my forum address, I am only getting error messages on the page. I could not even restore my database.
I tried deleting the attachment_mod files from the mods directory but my forum has not been restored. I even tried to reinstall the forum using the provided earlier to me but I am getting 404 error.
Please help me.
fionab
SpellcasterDX wrote:
squeakypants wrote:

zlang is hosted on Server 2, (he joined on June 28th 2006) which uses DirectAdmin. And DirectAdmin doesn't have fantastico. Laughing

So what suggestions do you have instead of using fantastico? I was also looking for this.
craig_t
fiona i can walk through it with you if you want.
SpellcasterDX
fionab wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:
squeakypants wrote:

So what suggestions do you have instead of using fantastico? I was also looking for this.

Ask someone to walk you through it, or have someone do it for frih$/free.
Ratman2050
zlang wrote:
Quote:
then when you go to your website it should show you an install page to create your Administrator Account.

Laughing thank you very much ,i do like you said,it start works .ok ,my website have no problem right now.

No problem Im glad to help.
raaeft1
My forum is now working fine. All the mods are in place now and there are no glitches.
Reading the tutorials,whenever available, or the archive posts, using the search engine, has helped me in sorting out the problems. I am also grateful to friends here and on the phpbb site for helping me out.
Ratman2050
raaeft1 wrote:
My forum is now working fine. All the mods are in place now and there are no glitches.
Reading the tutorials,whenever available, or the archive posts, using the search engine, has helped me in sorting out the problems. I am also grateful to friends here and on the phpbb site for helping me out.

I looked at your site. Didnt find anythign out of place.
Its good to see your little mod down below for active topics its pretty cool by the way.
ncwdavid
squeakypants wrote:

Ehat do u mean the "fantastico"? i cant find it
mathiaus
read the post directly underneath that one Rolling Eyes

original problem solved
-close-