FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Women, who really understand them?

megrim
My girl always keep avoiding my calls lately. She won't go out with me anymore. Is it me? or is she really busy with her work? (as she keep telling me). Sometimes when she really picked up the phone, she sound so sweet, saying how much she misses me and such.

Women, I can't understand them...
serhat_7tepe
i cant understand women too. there was a girl who i loved. she told me that she liked me,too.. but after a short time,, she refused to be with me.. it was very funny.. women are very complicated existence.. Very Happy
pennymellow
Oh, pish. Men are hardly a walk in the park, you know!

For those of you who are desperate to understand how women work, I recommened any "Why Men X and Women Y" books by Barbara and Allan Pease. I believe that three have been written: "Why Men Lie and Why Women Cry", "Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes" and my favourate, "Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps."

See, boys? There is a manual! No more excuses. Wink
Maxtoid
manual. If only life was that easy lol

When I see the book that explains everything there is to understand about women, I will for sure buy it and read it. But studies show that for some reason girls are just more confusing. And it's not because they're smarter, they think differently. That's all

My girlfriend is one of the most confusing people I know, but I don't even care. I love her and that's all that matters right?

I think it would be interesting to see if SOMEDAY a guy could completely understand a girl. Who knows. 30 years ago people would have laughed at the thought of wireless Internet, or Internet altogether for that matter. But amazing things can happen. Wink
carlosnino
Women are very easy to understand. You just need to listen and observe them a little bit.
Qube
carlosnino wrote:
Women are very easy to understand. You just need to listen and observe them a little bit.

Well put Carlos.
If you look for the clues/hints, women tell you exactly what they want/expect.
It's just in our nature to overthink and confuse everything (on both sides.)
But to tell you the truth, guys are alot more straight-forward about themselves.
I have no idea why women choose to hide things.
Maybe they just like making life a living hell for us guys Wink
Haha *gets ready for flame*
jipmerite
It's amazing how much pleasure women get from shopping. I've sometimes tagged along on such expeditions, with my wife, mother or sisters.

If they were looking for a dress, they'd invariably find a very nice one at a very decent price in the first couple of shops. Then they'd walk all over the place for about 4 hours looking for a better dress or better deal and eventually end up coming back to that first shop and buying that dress.

If I had to buy a shirt I would most of the time buy the nicest one in the first 5 shops on the block.

They're crazy these women.
Tac-Tics
Women are no more difficult than men.

The real difficulty is people besides yourself. You will always know what you are thinking, but never what other people are thinking. Even if your girlfriend tells you what's on her mind, you miss out on the nuances and importance those thoughts hold in her mind.
jipmerite
Well we can't all be mind readers can we?

It isn't important that men understand every thought in a womens mind. What matters in a relationshup, I think, is that both the man and women take time and make an effort to understand the other. What is important is to communicate.

This does not only appply for the man. It is not only the woman that has deep thoughts and feelings that need to be shared. The women too has to be sensitive towards the man's feelings.

The secrets to a good and healthy relationship include communication, compassion and dedication
codenameshypher
Once a wise man said that there are two methods of understanding women's logic... but nobody knows them Laughing
jipmerite
Would that be the same guy who said the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Laughing Razz
Panthrowzay
... this might work, stick your dick in your pants, keep sex of your mind and think about it.

thought minus sex usally works for me, if im not thinking about banging my girlfriend then, we can relate mentally and emotional and it makes the whole world seem better, till she gets sex on the brain then its wonderful, but just don't think about your needs think about hers and be supportive, and reassuring... on thought *from men-mars women-venus*

DONT TRY TO FIX HER SITUATION only yours.
women are amzingly inturive if they have a problem fixing it is not a issuse for some odd reason.
jharsika
Though I'm still young and inexperienced with all this and all...I would say that that's the whole fun thing about relationships! Men and women are undeniably and unchangeably different from each other! Therein lies the challenge/adventure.....am I right? I mean really, would you want someone exactly like you? A lot of people who meet people like themselves, don't like those people Wink
Panthrowzay
HS2H
and thats a life fact
SimonWSTS
It is common knowledge that women are the most complicated of creatures to understand.

However, there are a few basic guidelines which should get guys through life with them:

1. If they say they're fine and leav it at that, they are really not fine.
2. If they say that you aren't spending enough time with them, either you've been avoiding them or they're really clingy.
3. If you think they are not spending enough time with you, they are probably avoiding you or you are being clingy.

They really are too complicated to lay down any other sure fire rules for tho Laughing
Blackangel
For a woman straightforward is an unknown word. And i think its their nature that made them behave this way. When you are weaker (just in muscles) you have to improve other skills to survive. If we add to this the male dominant over past centuries its not strange they act/ behave this way. But they DO give clues, they just need decoding. And be sure , they may want to say things about equality and treated equal in life and work, but when it comes to relationships and sex, they are desperately looking for the Male, the Hunter who will chase and finally conquer her.
rano
From my own observation things are like this in most cases:

Boys feel more need for sex. Firstly they want just sex they think only about how to get it...
Girls feel more need for emotional rapport to be first, they are more romantic. They want to feel emotionally loved and secure before they will not afraid from sex...
So the conflicts arise even if they both want to get closer...

Of course there are thousands and other reasons and situations... but generally to make things run easier and healthier... it is needed to understand and respect your needs and your partner's needs... and to understand and NOT respect what society or religion says that you need)))
Citizen Kane
The difference between men and women is too large to be discribed. There is no way a conversation can rise up to the complexity of differences between men and women.

That said, I shall stop talking.
HoboPelican
Citizen Kane wrote:
...There is no way a conversation can rise up to the complexity of differences between men and women.

That said, I shall stop talking.

LOL

And I was just going to say the only differences I see are in the stereotypes of male and female. On an individual basis, I don't think the differences hold up very well. Some women like to shop, some don't (my wife is one of those). Guys don't like to shop? Pfft. Just walk into a hardware store and watch guys browse. It's just a different store.

I know there are some differences based on sex, but I think we sometimes tend to exaggerate them. It's easier to say "I'll never understand men/women" instead of actually working at it.
angry_hindu
women cannot be straightforward because of their hormones. also they have to deal with a whole lot more than us males do. we can always be straight forward simple one sided. that is why we like math and the sciences more than women. we are straightforward so we can really concentrate on one thing and think complex. however women are multitaskers. men can do one thing more effectively and complexly than women, but women can do three things faster and (overall) more effectively than men can. thats why men overanalyze one situation, and women underanalyze many at a time. this can lead to arguments you had with a partner 1-2 years ago just coming out of her mouth at a random time...during the PM days....she was always thinking about the many arguments while you dealt with them in your head one at a time. so they are more suttle speech wise. so what? they are obvious in every other way. it is not in our nature to look at the way a womans face moves when she talks or the slightest hint in her voice. what she says dont mean **** most of the time.
skiddhard
Its the hardest fact of life! Understanding Women ! There is no defined way to understanding them. But then, if you can't beat them, join them. That's exactly what i did . And from my experience , it WORKS!! But for that, you gotta ask yourself . What is it about them that you do not understand? When you get the answer, do exactly what they do that baffels you! It takes time to be successful . But when you master the art, understanding them is a piece of cake!! Wink
Da Rossa
megrim wrote:
My girl always keep avoiding my calls lately. She won't go out with me anymore. Is it me? or is she really busy with her work? (as she keep telling me). Sometimes when she really picked up the phone, she sound so sweet, saying how much she misses me and such.

Women, I can't understand them...

Mr. Headache, as your nickname states, look: how can we guess it? you did not provide the details and circumstances about your relationship. Possibly it is her, on 'that period', maybe someone other than you have attracted her attention, now she's confused. Or else you could have done something, huh?
In fact, not even the women understand the women.
chloekaris
I think it ould be just work to be honest because girls/women do become quite stressed out during stressful times and it's hard to concentrate with guys consently calling them saying ''whats up, is it me?'' and sometimes we just want to shout leave me alone! (hormones=)). Yeah we can multi-task but it's hard on the phone, if she's saying she can't meet up with you aswell then maybe she just is terribly busy and doesn't want to pll herself away from it even if it does mean not seeing you for a while, as you said she is saying she misses you and things so she is still thinking about you which is a positive thing!
On the other hand she may be hiding something and just can't face up to it talking to you. Although maybe you've been seeing alot of her before this happened and she just wants a little space between you but doesn't want to hurt your feelings, next her or call her and just say ''...........i really love you and there seems to be something bothering you or is there a reason you don't want to talk, i do understand if you are busy with work but i'm just worried i've done something wrong?''
Hope it goes well:)
girlcalledjay
If it's any consolation, we often don't understand ourselves either!

If your girl tells you that she is busy at work, then she probably is. Especially as you say she always sounds pleased to hear from you when you do speak.

Don't be paranoid! Be secure in your relationship and confident in yourself.
Blackangel
Or girls may just do this to force us focus more on them. Of course sometimes and i hope this is not the occasion, they find someone else and keep spending more time with him than with us. Sad
udaykamboj
It's definately YOU dude! Sorry to break it this way but thats the truth. No women would ignore someone they love for work. They're way too emotionally strong than men. Even if she's burried in work she would call ya or something to talk to ya. Of course this all implies if she really loves you! Cant be a judge of that now, sorry! Hang in there, have a talk with her and tell her how you feel due to her actions, i'm sure it'll be for the best! Smile
Da Rossa
girlcalledjay wrote:
If it's any consolation, we often don't understand ourselves either!

If your girl tells you that she is busy at work, then she probably is. Especially as you say she always sounds pleased to hear from you when you do speak.

Don't be paranoid! Be secure in your relationship and confident in yourself.

If she is busy, perhaps it's because she is embarassed at the work as she's thinking about you. You may have done bad things, she may have done bad things, and this 'busy status' may not be about the job itself; she may be emotionally unstable, then she would avoid talking to you.
Who knows?
badbrewb
I never understood beautiful women earlier in my life. I finally got up the nerve to start talking to them and then started treating them like any other person. I mean it is very similar to talking to an unattractive woman. It is much easier if you aren't scared to talk to them let alone trying to get in her pants. If you don't fear them it makes life easier. I still don't understand women but I learned a way around that. Don't fear them and they will let you get a little closer.

I have even started helping my friends talk to women because when you talk to women for your friend is like talking to an unattractive woman as well.

I would recommend Double your Dating. He makes quite a few good points. I do not work for them or anything I just get there daily emails. It helps from time to time to see different angles.

-Bruce