FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love Is Blind And Selfish?

cvkien
Do you think when A love B, he or she will love her no matter what he or she had done? No matter how had he or she is?
And when you love some1, will you become very selfish? for example, will you do anything no matter what to make her belong to you?
Please tell us how you treat you bf or gf so that he or she love you very very very much.
turbohead
Nothing more than sincerity and a warm heart.
Give each other free space, and be more patient.
Citizen Kane
Is love blind and selfish? Yeah it is, and I'm glad for it!! If I couldn't be selfish to make my girl stay, I'd be a pretty crappy guy!

I give nice comments about her hair and the way she looks (this is when you know love is true: even with the out-of-bed-look your boy or girl looks handsome).

I treat her like I would like someone treat me. If she's comes home tired and weary, I put her down on the bench and I'll gladly make her dinner. I she's happy, I'll make a joke so she can laugh. If she wants to talk to me about stuff I listen. and on and on. She's my life!! And more!!
Sappho
Citizen Kane wrote:
Is love blind and selfish? Yeah it is, and I'm glad for it!! If I couldn't be selfish to make my girl stay, I'd be a pretty crappy guy!

Are you sure that you grasped the meaning of the word selfish? I mean love is anything but selfish, its time when you put someone's other feelings and needs before your own without even thinking about it. Yea even if that would mean that you lost him/her, even then, thats love.
lasdjfk
The word love is often used in different ways. In reality it contains a huge spectrum of meanings.

Unselfish love is one. Consider to be the most honorable. But with ONLY unselfish love in a relationsship something would certainly be lacking.

Romantic love is another. Often containing smaller or bigger amount of physical love.

Psysical love. Desire for touch. Sexual desire. Rather selfish to it's nature.

Friendship love. Because we need social activity. Also rather selfish.

I think the best relationsships is achieved when unselfish love is ruling. The other should also be there, preferable to a high degree, but let unselfish love rule.
andy26
*preffer not to display this section*
meretyping
even true love is selfish, but often only because you love the other person so much that you do not think about the repercussions of your love, or how the world sees it. All that is involved in love is the person you love and why you love them, what you want to do for them. if you love without a desire to enrich, then i don't know how that can be love.

true love could end so badly, a million different ways. but the worst i could think of would be wake up one day and realize that you were so selfish with your love that you'd forgotten who the other person was and made them a life (and the problems, loves, achievements, and fears to go along with it) that wasn't there. that'd be really waking up.
lara
lasdjfk wrote:
The word love is often used in different ways. In reality it contains a huge spectrum of meanings.

Unselfish love is one. Consider to be the most honorable. But with ONLY unselfish love in a relationsship something would certainly be lacking.

Romantic love is another. Often containing smaller or bigger amount of physical love.

I think the best relationsships is achieved when unselfish love is ruling. The other should also be there, preferable to a high degree, but let unselfish love rule.

I must agree here. I believe that if you do love one another truly, you wouldn't have to be selfish and/or be distrustful of your partner.

I think the greatest act of love is setting the other one free because you love him/her so much to keep him/her for yourself. That is if of course, the other one chooses not to stay by your side.
andy26
lara wrote:
lasdjfk wrote:

I must agree here. I believe that if you do love one another truly, you wouldn't have to be selfish and/or be distrustful of your partner.

I think the greatest act of love is setting the other one free because you love him/her so much to keep him/her for yourself. That is if of course, the other one chooses not to stay by your side.

yea i actually agree her i went through something similar and i found it was best to let go.
Citizen Kane
Sappho wrote:
Citizen Kane wrote:

Are you sure that you grasped the meaning of the word selfish? I mean love is anything but selfish, its time when you put someone's other feelings and needs before your own without even thinking about it. Yea even if that would mean that you lost him/her, even then, thats love.

Looking at the post of lasdjfk, I'm pretty sure I grasped the meaning of the word selfish. It might seem that I only try to make my girl stay to feel better myself. But that's not the case. You might want to look at it like this:

I'm happy when she's happy.

This might even seem a little selfish, but that's how love works. We are all social beings and loving the other just out of unselfish love is like living in utopia. We all have our personal needs that need to be taken care of, completely dismissing them would be to deny our own identity or even our exinstence in favour of the other. This is just not how it works. In a healthy relationship you make yourself happy by making your partner happy.

It's not that I make her happy so that I feel better, the fact that I feel great about us is a direct consequense of making her happy in the first place.
andy26
*prefer not to display*
andy26
*preffer not to display*
cvkien
Love is Blind

Be to her virtues very kind;
Be to her faults a little blind.
- From Prior's An English Padlock.

The Selfish and Selfless Passion:-

"... real love surrenders, real love is selfless, real love is tender ..."
- From W. Somerset Maugham, Great Novelists.

"Love cannot be anything but egotistical."
- From Freud, 1882.

"Love is at the same time the most generous and the most egotistical thing in nature; the most generous because it receives nothing and gives all -- pure mind being only able to give and not receive; the most egotistical, for that which he seeks in the subject, that which he enjoys in it, is himself and never anything else."
- Friedrich von Schiller.3

"Lovers never get tired of each other, because they are always talking about themselves."
- From Rochefoucauld's maxims (312).