FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ewido

How good is Ewido?
Good
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
OK
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

SoftStag
I'm thinking of starting to use Ewido for scanning for Spyware. Does anyone have any experience of it? I would be interested to know what people think of it.
Ratman2050
Ok I have experience with it. I recently had a virus which I had to overcome with the following tools.

1. Spybot
2. Ad-Aware
3. Avast
4. Registry Cleaner
5. Killbox
6. Ewido
7. Bitdefender 9

It took about 1 week to sort this entire thing out.

As I say again Ewido is a very resourceful tool to buy. In my moderation at types of Malware Forums, I came across having many mods recommend it in their Signatures.
alienjones
Japp, Ewido is ok.
Been using the free-version for over a year know and find a useful extension to anti-virus-applications.
webbone
Ewido is very good spware kill soft,It can clean ad and trojan from my pc,I used it two years ago! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
m00tmuffin
It's a pretty good program, I'd still recommend downloading and using it even if you don't use it as your primary form of anti-virus/spyware/etc protection...it managed to pick up some strange stuff that none of my other programs could pick up and doesn't give you any false positives like some other, less reputable "spyware" programs do. Definitely try it out. Smile
saurabh.sauron
i think Ewido is quite good but is a bit slow in scanning. look at the speed of adaware. it takes 10 minutes. Ewido takes an hour and a half...
orcaz
I think Ewido is veri good... I actually replaced a-squared with Ewido, after taking a look at the statistics of detection, and Ewido seems to be the highest.
selim06
SoftStag wrote:
I'm thinking of starting to use Ewido for scanning for Spyware. Does anyone have any experience of it? I would be interested to know what people think of it.

Use Ewido it's really good and sheawere version allows us to use full extensions while 30 days so I like it very much!I've tried Spyware Doctor,XoftSpy,Avast but none of them was able to clean my Trojans except Ewido!
SoftStag
Thanks everyone, please keep the comments coming. I have tried it, it looks pretty good, but I guess I'll have to see how good it is at removing an infection.

saurabh.sauron wrote:
i think Ewido is quite good but is a bit slow in scanning. look at the speed of adaware. it takes 10 minutes. Ewido takes an hour and a half...

It sounds from this that Ewido is much more thorough, something that is important when scanning for nasties.