FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Directory out of beta - discussion

Bondings
Discuss this announcement.
James007
It looks very nice. Maybe you could make it a bit more clear those sections are clickable?

James Smile
Scott
This is a really neat idea. A cool use for Frih.
Ratman2050
Hmm I really like your Idea. It gives traffic to peoples site. You can also earn lotsof users this way. Nice job Bondings
Donutey
#2! So does the directory automatically reset? or is it manual...
TeenZine
Yes nice job I got the highest bid. Do the sites have to be hosted on FriHost. I want to add my word press personal site but it is hosted on Lh (NOT GIVING THE FULL NAME TO PLEASE A CERTAIN MOD)

Also I like the idea of having people pay somthing to use my frih$ for any way Can you make a store that will let us buy custm tittles.
Hobbit
Teenzine, you kinda ruined the directory because you're #1 in the top 11, but your site gives a 404 error.

Can we be added if our site isn't hosted here? The hosting is in my blood.

I'm hosted here, but my main site isn't.
Daniel15
James007 wrote:
It looks very nice. Maybe you could make it a bit more clear those sections are clickable?

Yeah, I'd suggest that as well. While having a link without an underline is aesthetically pleasing, people won't know that you can click it. Maybe make it change colour and underline when you move the mouse over it? (Much like the links at the top of this forum). Otherwise, good work! Very Happy
Leetch
Awsome, When my sites up, I'm Going to pay the 50$F and get it up there :)Can i also add that the sites that are on there ( i had alook) are great.
They all look awsome!!
Bondings
Teenzine please learn to read before you post.

I would also like to point out that all websites need to be fully working otherwise the directory listing will be removed.
Hogwarts
I guess I will put my site on there sometime, but I am too greedy to spend my frih$. I set a personal goal to be richer then Whong when he overtook me on the "rich-list" for a few minutes. *shifty eyes*

Guess I'll just have to do more, better posts so I can get more then 50 ahead of him though, huh?
SgtGarcia
Looks good, as usual Very Happy
Finally something to spend your frih$ on.
Keep up the good work Cool
Blaster
yea looks good. But can we advertise other peoples sites too that are hosted here. Like i run a webstie here www.onecomnetwork.com but i don't post for the guy. The username is darrenpaul. If i can't i won't worry about it but i thought that i would atleast ask. Anyhow it does look really good. Oh and i agree with james and daniel. I infact suggested this a long time ago Razz
caroline
Cool! Too bad my site isnt ready now
TeenZine
Hobbit wrote:
Teenzine, you kinda ruined the directory because you're #1 in the top 11, but your site gives a 404 error.

Can we be added if our site isn't hosted here? The hosting is in my blood.

I'm hosted here, but my main site isn't.

Thanks I didn't notice it I forgot to swictch my account now that I got a domain! thanks for pointing it out.
babumuchhala
So how many sites can we have by the way. I already have one listing and there was a link to get another listed so just submitted it.

In short i want to ask are more than 2 sites allowed Very Happy

Also can we have a longer Top list just to fill the void space below it. OR Wait are we going to have ads there Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
wsco
great idea
and
nice work
i hope it is getting more and more better
Shiva
Wouw.. It looks like a great idea!!

I hope the system gets more and more advanced time after time Wink
pll
Really nice idea Smile.
But I would like to know if we can modify/edit the descriptions of our websites ?
babumuchhala
pll wrote:
But I would like to know if we can modify/edit the descriptions of our websites ?
As far as i know "NO", as there is no such option in the account page.

You will have to PM a mod or put it up in the support forums.

@Bondings
How many sites can be added on my name. I already have 2 sites and now i have the link to add one more (the link was not there when the second request was in process). So please tell us on the number of sites a user is permitted.
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
How many sites can be added on my name. I already have 2 sites and now i have the link to add one more (the link was not there when the second request was in process). So please tell us on the number of sites a user is permitted.

There is a limit of 3 listings per user at the moment, you may however only request one listing at a time; that's why the link wasn't there.
Quote:
Each member may have up to 3 directory listings, of course each of a different website.
SFMeatwad
Cool.

Good job Bondings. Another update at Frihost is like a dream coming true. Smile Aweshome! Smile
r_y_e_20
wow this is exciting.. cant wait for this!
photon
good work bondings!! the directory will further help bringing more trafiic to member sites... congrats Smile
jharsika
yaaaaaaaaay
bassgs_17
Ah, good old Frihost. I was away for a month, and so much as improved. The directory looks great; I'll submit mine after some work gets done. I've got a new site; it kicks the tar out of my old one. Aquastrike is back!
-Aquastrike
babumuchhala
Hey Bondings One suggestion, about the bidding process.

When we bid, It takes us to page that says that your bid worth FRIH$ X has been added. Please do not refresh.

What I would like you to add is a Meta Refresh to go back to the Account Page, because you have to go back to your Account page to know how much your total bid is now or if you want to add more.

Please add the meta refresh or a link below that text to go back to the accounts page. (I know there is a accounts link at the top but then it is Out of your site for what you are doing/concentrating on)
r_y_e_20
So glad the directory is up now. Im kinda excited. By the way, i saw the site, it looks pale, can we improve the design of our directory?
engeland
Frihost's directory layout is simple. But that's the cool thing about it. I feel that this directory is a good step ahead. I'll request as soon as possible
Saryon
I like the idea, it's very usefull to find stuff quickly. And it's also good advertising Very Happy

I know I will request it as soon as possible.
Good job.
Code of Ruin
Congrats Bondings, I like the idea. First it is a way to spend my hard earned posting cash and it gets sites some traffic they would otherwise miss. The lay-out is nice and clear which makes it easy to navigate and everything is done with the typical Frihost quality. I like it.
bogger
I'm in favour of the idea, and I like it, but the bidding is unlikely to be very competitive Razz
sbel
This is a very good idea. And the news has got to be big. I can't stop looking for cool sites on the directory. i sure hope i can get a hosting. then i would go for the listing. good job Wink
Vanilla
I host my weblog on Frihost, and have a little doubt about the directory: I can list my weblog, which is written in portuguese? Cause I have only seen sites in english...
manumiglani
I submitted my website.... www.searchengineoptimizationtips.be about a week before and I haven't received any message till now.... was it accepted?
garionw
Yes, I added mine a few days ago and havnt recieved a responce. I expect that they are being swamped with listings and are trying to get through them as fast as possible Very Happy
niranvv
Help me regarding Frihost Directory Listings:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-45314.html

Niran
babumuchhala
Hey Bondings

How about a request form to change the description or link of my directory entry.

I suppose it should have been there from the start, but I know your limitations so what are the plans on it.
douzy
This is really a good news. I have been searching for a web host to host my site with but I was not able to find any that met my requirements, despite all the hours of sleep I sacrificed for the search. Finally, I am happy to be here through a frihost user's referral. So far so good. I just hope I am able to get my site hosted here soon, as I only registered yesterday.
henrygl
Very nice. Hopefully people will actually read my blog! Laughing
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
Hey Bondings

How about a request form to change the description or link of my directory entry.

I suppose it should have been there from the start, but I know your limitations so what are the plans on it.

Maybe in a few months. It will be possible for sure but I just have other more important priorities atm.
linexpert
I really like the idea. It seems like a great use for the frih.

This way people who need traffic will get some and they'll be more involved on the forum.

Nice job! Very Happy
picklebreath
Man Bondings that was a great idea about a directory.
It gets more people to other sits hosted by frihost and its cool.
Awsome.
scotty
I like the directory; it has put me at the number one search result on Google. However, the number one result leads to the directory not to the actual site! It takes users to the directory which is fine but as others have mentioned it is not clear where the link to the site is, and it is hard to find.

Could the link to go to the particular site be made far bigger and more predominant?

Also, could a direct link to the listed website be implemented? The php delivery page is fine but if there was a link to my site on that listing page it would enhance the ranking on search engines anyway? (I believe this is the case, Im a bit of a n00b when it comes to these things!)

I know traffic through the directory creates exposure for the ads on the page but I see it that a link to the listed site even if not visible, but still there, would cause a higher level of exposure to frih.net.