FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please visit my new forum Abundance Blessings Grace Reiki.

raaeft1
Please visit my newly set-up forum Abundance Blessings Grace Reiki.
by clicking on http://abundance.frih.net/forums/phpBB2/

You can post your prayer requests, receive free Reiki and/or spiritual treatment as well as express gratitude online.

The forum is still in its infancy and is coming up. Please bear with me.

Rajesh
ninjakannon
I've had a forum up for 6 days myself, and people have commented on what I need doing to it. So I'll tell you what they told me:
- It would be better if you got your own logo.
- To improve presentation:
Get another style.
Make sure all those ads are lined up in places that aren't too cluttering and fit in with the rest of everything.
- I would also take away the ad that opens a full screen new window and then brings up a message. This is very anoying. If you want ads like that, get the ones that open an "about:blank" page and then load in the ad.

By the way, how much money do you get on average per click on the Google ads and what do you get for the ad that I mentioned above?

Other than that I don't think much needs doing.
Dustin
Every time i load up a forum that looks like yours i think to myself "this person obveoully doesnt know anything about web design and doesnt care at all about meshing their site layout with their forum layout"

There is nothing special about this site, you should at least make an attempt to make it unique
ninjakannon
Dustin wrote:
Every time i load up a forum that looks like yours i think to myself "this person obveoully doesnt know anything about web design and doesnt care at all about meshing their site layout with their forum layout"

There is nothing special about this site, you should at least make an attempt to make it unique

I know what you're saying, Dustin, but remember that that doesn't have to be just style-wise. My forum has the same simple starting template (subSilver) and people have said they like it, I've had in fact no complaints about the style (although someone did say you could get another to improve it).
The thing that makes my forum unique is the extra MODs that I've installed... The combination that I have used is more likley to be unique than using a style template that someone else has made, simply because there are so many different MODs, but not as many different styles. I'd say that it's better to make your own style if you're going to use another one, which takes time.

So I would say, raaeft1, that your forum would look better with a new style, of you chose/made a suiatable and relavent one. But you could also install some new MODs, to make your site unique and thus more interesting.

By the way, Dustin... if you install a new style after installing MODs, isn't it true that the new style doesn't work with the MODs because it's files havn't got the code in... therefore it takes hours of editing to get everything fixed.
tamilchild
your forum is good

but the http link is bigger like website\link\link Laughing