FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

EON8

Yantaal
for those of you that havent heard of eon8 i would like ot explain it to you, but nobody knows what it is. but the website www.EON8.com had a countdown timer on it, and below a status report, the website explained of despatching something, nobody knows what, but when the timer gets to zero then i suppose the plan kicks into action.

but even as i have been typing this i have beenr eading up, because the countdown timer reached zero at 5 this morning, and ity was revealed to be an interneet study. Which basically proved everything we allready knew:
that if something is different strange or scary then we instantly try to destroy it. the creator of this site of hacked numerous times but all failed as in his words : "but luckily 99% of the 'hackers' could easily be described as 'l4me n00bs'."

anyway read his little thing its quite interesting
Wynand
I do not think that it is in our nature to destroy things that are new to us or things that we do not understand. I rather think that it is an urge to know what the thing or object do. If we think that the object can be harmful to us then I agree with you that we might have an instinct to destroy before we get destroyed.
sibbahz
Im guessing its a marketing stunt to get mass media hype, and get people intrested, so they visit their site when the countdown finishes, similar to TV ads where they have some random clips of something but give minimal clues to what the product is, so people become intrested and then show the full ad later on.
James007
The website is gone?
Ellosha
Its in human nature to try to protect ourselves, so if we believe something to be potentially harmful, we try to stop it.

Its a perfectly natural reaction to a percieved threat, and humans aren't the only ones who would do something like that, either. Almost all creatures are concerned with self-preservation.
SumPersonGuy
I was on Ign on the vestibule, and there was a 40+ page thread on it and it turns out everyone in there got owned so bad when it launched.