FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Long Distance Love





Ainsley3389
I'm 16,I'm white and I'm in a long distance relationship with a Chinese guy. He is coming to visit me on July 10 for two weeks. He and I have never been together in person, because he lives in California,, and I live in Indiana. Anyways, we were going to see if I could go to California over the summer to be with him,my parents said no, but they did say he could come stay with us for awhile if he wanted to. We have to go pick him up at the airport on July 10th and I am so nervous! What am I supposed to do? Do we hug? kiss? shake hands? lol...I need answers! Please help me! I'm going to look like a total idiot just standing there and saying "hi"! I would appreciate any help you people could give me Crying or Very sad
rainynightstarz
wow only 16? well i am 16 too and i live in Cali and chinese, but i am a girl>.<
how many chinese people would have online relationship
and to your question , hug and stuff, depends on you, but i think hugs are good, kisses if u felt right i guess.
Citizen Kane
So nice to see people try to have a relationship when sometimes it seems there are only people with relational "problems" on this part of the forum.

I don't really know what you're supposed to do, depends on the kind of relationship you had. If you two are in love, why nog kiss him? I think there's nothing wrong with that. At least give him three kisses on his cheack, he deserves these for making you happy Wink

Have a VERY nice time together, enjoy eachother and don't worry what your supposed to do. Just do as you like. Love will find a way. Allways.
mustaq
hey relly nice to hear your going meet your guy but one day i meet my g
pennymellow
You should do whatever feels right. You'll know at the time. Of course, with your parents there you might not want to lock lips; as the two of your aren't really all that familiar with each other, it might be a good idea to wait, anyway. You know, make it really special.

A hug would be perfectly acceptable and probably is the most natural reaction. Don't agonise over it, duck; it'll come to you when you see him. Who knows? You might be so nervous that you'll barely get a word out.
Ainsley3389
Thanks to all of you! I would really like to kiss him, it's just that my parents might not like that too much. We probably will hug...I hope I dont cry, and I hope I'm able to speak...lol.. anyways...thanks for the help!
Citizen Kane
O, what I was wondering about, is there any special reason why you couldn't visit him but he was allowed to visit you?

And how long is he going to stay? a couple of days or will he be longer with you?

Might be great to know how your time together was, If you see any chance, just let us know in this thread! I'd really like that!
ncwdavid
****************************************************************************
Trend Micro Sysclean Package
Trend Micro, Inc.
http://www.trendmicro.com
****************************************************************************

Date: Tue 8/14/2007
Time: 20:11:50
Time Zone: (GMT -08:00)


I. Description

This self-extracting archive is a stand-alone fix package that
incorporates the Damage Cleanup Engine and Template. It replaces the
traditional fix tool by addressing a wide variety of system infections
rather than a specific malware infection.


This tool supports the following features:


II. File List

.com - the main executable module
Ainsley3389
I couldn't visit him because my parents said I was to young to travel that far alone, which sucks cuz he could have took me to a beach and stuff. Anyways, he will be here for two weeks. I will try to post and let you guys know how things are going when he gets here. Thanks for everything!
Citizen Kane
Great, thanks! Be looking forward to it!
ankur.vatsa
--------------------------------------------
Citizen Kane
I think the image ankur.vatsa depicts of the boyfriend of Ainsley3389 is totally wrong. But that's just my opinion. I hope you follow your heart and have a very nice time. I'm sure you can trust your boyfriend! Please let us know how things are working out and have a very nice time!!

@ ankur.vatsa: I know you've been around shortly, there is a post where there are some rules explained with regards to your "interpunctioning": http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42680.html. See rule number 3.

please watch the interpuntioning as it makes your post VERY hard to read.
ankur.vatsa
I'd make it clear, what I wrote was my opinion not a rule of thumb.

Thanks to 'Citizen Kane' for the link to the post on 'rules to post', I'm sure I'll keep those rule on my desktop till I don't abide by them out of habit. Pressing in the (.) dots has been a habit since long and I know it has to change for sure.
Jumpy
Hey there, well in this situation.. most likely you'll be filled up with such excitement all you want to do is hug him. He will love it because as a guy, there is no way to turn down a hug especially from someone you love dearly. If he does look you in the eye as if he sees the world in yours then i'm sure he's wanting a kiss. From there i'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun being with each other Very Happy
indeedwrestling
Jumpy wrote:
Hey there, well in this situation.. most likely you'll be filled up with such excitement all you want to do is hug him. He will love it because as a guy, there is no way to turn down a hug especially from someone you love dearly. If he does look you in the eye as if he sees the world in yours then i'm sure he's wanting a kiss. From there i'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun being with each other :D


I would concur. You should give him a big hug. Friends can always hug regardless of whether they are dating. However, kissing is a much more serious deal. A handshake can be very formal and misunderstood. It's also usually meant when you're "meeting" someone. In this case, you know them - especially if it's as serious as you've made it out to be. It seems like you're far past a handshake. When you say goodbye, a kiss is much more appropriate, even if you're not dating. It's a very honourable way to say goodbye.
OutlawSpirit
no offence.... but 99% of the time... long distance doesnt work out... to little contact doesnt work in a relationship... peace!
Ainsley3389
Hmm...Thank you to all of you for your support and nice things to say! Outlaw Spirit: If you don't mind, I'm sure most of the people asking questions about how to "help" their relationships become better, don't want to hear negative things like what you said. You don't think it's allready hard enough to worry about things caused by being so far apart and having so little contact, that you have to leave a comment to make it even harder? Please try to be more considerate of peoples feelings. Oh, and so that you know, I'll make sure me and my guy fill up that whole 1% and make it count.
arjay
First and foremost, it will always be exciting to see the ‘prince in your dream’ in person. It is a fortunate time to know each other better and deeper. The age of the guy has not been mentioned so I really can’t guess his emotional and mental profile. But considering that you have known each other for quite a while makes a lot of sense to try a personal encounter. Smile

How will you act and what will you do the very moment you see each other in person? Let the feeling and the emotion flow naturally, neither over-reacting nor over-expecting. Just be yourself. Don’t forget that your parents are there loving you and always ready to support you and to protect you. So, have peace of mind while you introduce him first to your parents before you continue your good moments with the guy. Wink

But along the way, you need to stay rational. Ask your parents what they want you to do next. They will be your best guides. And they will always be at your side whatever the outcome of your meeting. You and the guy may have different expectations and that personal meeting will give a little assurance of commitment to push your long-distance relationship to the next level. And that will always start with tight handshake. A light hug may be appropriate but a ‘from-no-where’ kiss may be a turn-off sometimes. Timing in a kiss is vital. Feel your heart. More than the intimate gestures are the way your eyes are sparkling when you look at each other. Then make him feel that he is welcome to your family. Exert sincere effort to introduce him in a way that will encourage both sides to talk with each other openly. Do not put things in a hurry, you will always have ample time with each other later. Anyway, he is there to visit only YOU for two long weeks. Smile Angel

Finally, it is good to remember that the course of true love never runs smooth and there will always be tests and trials along the way. So a lil prayer would help to avoid any possible heartbreaks. Pray

By the way, if you missed to take note of it, you have a very wonderful parents. Dancing

Two more days and you will be meeting your knight. Our ‘best wishes’ and a lot of ‘goodluck’ to both of you. Enjoy each other’s company. If true love is in the heart of a couple, long-distance affair will surely succeed. Keep on smiling and please don’t forget to keep us inform. Keep in touch. Cheers! Applause Very Happy
Ainsley3389
Wow...arjay you are a very very kind person! Thanks you for everything you said, you made me less nervous just from reading your post. Oh, I know I didnt mention his age Anxious , but I wasnt sure if certain people would think it was inapropriate. He...just turned 20 on June 19. I know, most of you are thinking "That is too old for a 16 year old", but we fell in love. Love outrules age in my mind. Anyhow, he still plays video games and yells at them when he loses, so he has some kid in him still Very Happy Hope I didnt dissapoint anyone buy his age, thank you for all your support everyone! I'll let you know how things go at the airport! Wink
~Ainsley~
Citizen Kane
where I live the difference between 16 and 20 is considered just as normal as the pope being catholic. I'm not put off by it, rather I tend to think of it as a sign the age difference is a positive sign. But this also depends on who you and your boyfriend personally are in mental age. (for example, my girlfriend and I differ 5 years. I'm 27 and she is 22. Works out just perfect!) So don't worry about that until you've met him.

I can only imagine you could be very nervous at the time. Two days left and then you will be meeting him! I hope you can still get some food in your stomach and concentrate on the normal way of life, waiting on the moment you meet can sometimes be a real ordeal and a. But it's also a nice thing to experience. so I would say: ENJOY every moment of it! Very Happy
kasematthews
I think that you should act completely natural. If you guys can make it work through just talking and never having any phsyical contact, then you KNOW there must be some kind of chemistry. If it happens that he doesn't act the way always has; something must have happened, maybe it was the act of seeing you. Anyhow, you're young and will be able to easily move on. Good luck!
altikris
long distance relationships when your only 16 huh? thats young. i hope you know what your getting into. a close relationship changes a lot of things that wouldnt normally happen with long distance. your going to really see what type of person he is. i say you take it how you want to. you've never kissed him, so give him a hug. greet him. get to know him in person. its the same thing. but you have to react much differently. good luck!
LivinBeyondDeath
I don't know. I live in a major city. And I met this girl there one day, had more fun with her then anyone else ive ever been with. And she lives like 1 - 2 states away =/. Cant wait to get my licnese to see her ^_^ but I hope all goes well, im sure you will think of the right things to do at the right time Smile

But long distance realtionships can easily turn bad and it can also make u unaware of how many realtionships that you can get that are much closer to.
supjapscrapper
Ainsley3389 wrote:
Wow...arjay you are a very very kind person! Thanks you for everything you said, you made me less nervous just from reading your post. Oh, I know I didnt mention his age Anxious , but I wasnt sure if certain people would think it was inapropriate. He...just turned 20 on June 19. I know, most of you are thinking "That is too old for a 16 year old", but we fell in love. Love outrules age in my mind. Anyhow, he still plays video games and yells at them when he loses, so he has some kid in him still Very Happy Hope I didnt dissapoint anyone buy his age, thank you for all your support everyone! I'll let you know how things go at the airport! Wink
~Ainsley~


You know what I know people who are 30 and still yelling the whole time at video games !! Very Happy I'm 23 and I'm crazy when I play.
No seriously, I don't think It could be a problem, a 20 year old guy is not a man, it's a kid trying to become one, the doifference is that he already thinks he is one, and nother yway to see things is not that he is still partly a kid, see it like you are now partly becoming a woman, by getting to know something most of 25 year old people still never really met .. love ... I hope he's realy your guy Smile
Vlien
Oh dear, this sounds awkward to me, and nobody reacts! You are having a relationship, while you two never even met?
Don't get me wrong, lately, I actually started liking a guy I met through the Internet, too, very much, so much I'd almost call it being in love, but still... you can't be in a relationship yet, can you?
I don't know how you are doing now, this was the Big Day, right?
Well, I met this guy I've just mentioned in real life a few weeks ago, and we fell in love at once! Good luck to you, hopefully it turns out like it did for me.
cbf-cma
What about long distance relationships with prisoners or soldiers? Or a prisoner of war? I can imagine that is slightly different than dating someone from out of state or whatever. Any ideas?
greenwoodmonkey
oh get a grip woman.. litterally, you obviously like him and want it from him, so get it...
but make sure you clean the sheets afterwards and that your parents are out.....
Oh and, wear protection.... or make him that it....
well, you could, but a steel toe capped boots dont look hot on a women.. unless she is totally punk.. and has good T&A
arjay
Ainsley3389 wrote:
Wow...arjay you are a very very kind person! Thanks you for everything you said, you made me less nervous just from reading your post. Oh, I know I didnt mention his age Anxious , but I wasnt sure if certain people would think it was inapropriate. He...just turned 20 on June 19. I know, most of you are thinking "That is too old for a 16 year old", but we fell in love. Love outrules age in my mind. Anyhow, he still plays video games and yells at them when he loses, so he has some kid in him still Very Happy Hope I didnt dissapoint anyone buy his age, thank you for all your support everyone! I'll let you know how things go at the airport! Wink
~Ainsley~


Angel It has been almost 5 days since the exciting meeting occurred. I hope Ainsley will find time now to give us short update as to the outcome or their meeting, We don’t expect a long romantic novel but a brief summary of what has transpired during that very memorable moment of July 10. And no matter what will it be, we at this forum thread will be very glad if you may share them with us so we also learn something from your experience. We are all excited to hear your news Ainsley Applause

A lot of stories will give tribute to your affair and a lot of us also want to learn how to make a long distance relationship survives for a long time. The issue of age gap is so trivial compare to the sacrifices both of you have given to the very survival of your relationship. The bottom line of this follow-up post is … Did the personal encounter meet your expectations? If yes, in what extent? If no, in what area? This is a very interesting moment that needs a follow-up because we only have one wish for both of you – you happiness. Very Happy

So thanks for keeping us posted. And we will always understand if your next post is a single-liner because we all know you are in a moment where you want to be in each other’s arms 24/7. Keep it lasts! Take care both of you. Wink Dancing
Ainsley3389
Sorry it took so long! I totally forgot about the forum because I was so happy when he was here. Then about three days after he had been here, my family had to go to Tennesse for my cousins wedding, and we just got back last night. he is still here and he thinks Im wierd for making this forum, but oh well...lol...anyways, everything went perfect. Except that my mother hugged him, before I even got to, which was a little wierd :-/ We allready got past all of the mushy kissy crap, which was very akward at first. The second kiss was the perfect one...lol. We cuddle mostly, while he makes me watch Japanese cartoons with english subtitles...lol. Well, I think we are gonna go see a movie and eat or something so I'll post back laters!
~Ainsley~

Oh p.s. :::: This is us in Tennesse::::
arjay
Applause What a sweet photograph! Let me be the first to congratulate you both. Good job!

For one of the sweetest couples I have encountered online, this is my congratulations to a successful meeting of the heart, mind, body, and soul. You surely look great as a couple and you seem to be perfectly matched. Dancing

While the photo was perfect, the post was even made sweeter. Very Happy The picture speaks a thousand words so what can I say more? It shows in the aura and glow in your faces that you will have a wonderful life of coexistence in the future. I hope we here at the frihost forum, who contributed to your thread, were able to help you in small ways we are capable of, to bring you to a successful relationship breaking the distance barrier now and in the future. Smile

Love each other and don’t Pray lose the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of meeting each other online and in person. Keep the fire burning always and help each other to grow with it. The next photo to be posted hopefully will be taken … down the aisle. Lols. Just a joke. Razz Shhh

Again, please do accept our heartfelt congratulations and more best of luck for both of you. Thanks for the post and more thanks for the warm photograph. Applause
jenus
Um long distance love are good if both parts are truely in love so both can make the same efforts for the relationship even if they are far away from each other, in my case that did no work as well as i would like to be worked out, but i would try it again without even think about it
chaly133
You two so sweet!!
jenus
I want a GF lol
Josso
I suppose it could work but you'd have to really trust each other I expect.
Citizen Kane
Your mam hugging your boyfriend is another way of them saying they apreciate him taking the effort of coming to see you. I Sincerely hope you two are completely happy together.

It's also nice to see some happy postings these days, as a great deal of them is about people having problems and difficulties. So I'm glad you are doing OK!

Question: Since you are so happy together, did you scedule a second meeting? and if so, when and where?? (just curious Wink )
Ainsley3389
Thanks for all the sweet comments you guys! You are all so nice! He decided he is coming back in December for Christmas, and then My parents said "maybe" to me going over there next summer. He also resceduled his ticket back to cali so he is staying for another week Very Happy and wont be leaving till August 2nd !!!!! I am so happy!!!!! Well thanks for all of the sweet comments!

~Ainsley~
Ainsley3389
Hi, My boyfriend left yesterday and I allready miss him. I've cried so much! He says he will come back in 4 months for christmas, but he wishes he could come back now and stay forever. I asked him why he couldn't and he said because of his family and friends. Is it selfish of me to want him to come back? I'm not trying to be selfish...I just love him so much! He said his heart is in two places so he is confused about where he should be...what should i do? Should I try to support his wants to be with his family more then wanting to be with me? I am so confused. It kills me, because I want to beg him to come back, but should i just let it go? please help?!
Citizen Kane
Back again,...

I think what you feel is totally normal and does not have anything to do with being selfish. It's just natural for two people being apart to want eachother very badly and to be thinking about asking to come back.

If I were you: I'd just tell hem you wish you could ask him to come back, but you do know at the same time that it would be irrational. This way you let him know you miss him very much but that you also have given your emotions a good think-it-over.

I can understand you're torn apart between supporting him to be with his family and him coming back to you, but ask yourself what would be the most sensible thing to do. If he really loves you, he will be back for you, and after a while will make the choice to be with you permanently. Unting that time, enjoying your feelings and enjoying you miss him might be a good way to spend your time apart.

there's a little line for this: "Time will tell"...
Rev` -
omfg, my friend has a relationship with a girl (lol) at long distance.
everytime I see him he's confused and he does silly things and then ask me "what?!" but I cannot understand how he can be at long distance without her, last time I got a girl I couldn't think about anything just about her so I was all about "how is Aurora, where is her" and things like that, if I had a relationship at distance I caught the first plane or bus to her place

-Rev Smile
goblinish
Fantastic to see that photo of you two and i have to say you both looked great together!. Angel

I have been looking for my `soulmate` for a while now, and have been trying to meet intresting people online with limited success.. Rolling Eyes Just a question how did you two meet? Was it something like `myspace` for instance? Question
angry_hindu
congrats! i would say that is a major success because most long distance relationships dont work out in the first day or two after that they usually last a long time.
edit: dont worry about it ainsley. support him being with his family and keep in touch often. get a videophone or online video chat setup im sure that will help a lot
Ainsley3389
Thanks you guys! You all make me really happy with all the support you give. So, you want to know how we met? Well...I play the Sims2 on PC, and so does he, and there is this website called ModThe Sims2, where you can download a lot of custom content for your game. Don't worry it's legal. Anyways, I went into the chat room on the site one time to get help with my game, but found out they had closed the help channel, so i just stayed and talked for awhile in the regular chat. Then this guy asks if anyone wants to do accupuncture on him. I said yes and then we didnt talk anymore, then later he gave a link for his picture and i looked at, and told him he was cute. The next day I got back in the chat and he private messaged me and asked if I really meant what i said (that he was cute). After that we just started talking and fell in love within about 4 days. And that's how we met. Lol...I think we owe the creator of The Sims 2 for bringing us together.
goblinish
Well thats great Smile Thanks for sharing and i guess you do owe it to the creator of the sims lol Cool
arjay
Ainsley3389 wrote:
Hi, My boyfriend left yesterday and I allready miss him. I've cried so much! He says he will come back in 4 months for christmas, but he wishes he could come back now and stay forever. I asked him why he couldn't and he said because of his family and friends. Is it selfish of me to want him to come back? I'm not trying to be selfish...I just love him so much! He said his heart is in two places so he is confused about where he should be...what should i do? Should I try to support his wants to be with his family more then wanting to be with me? I am so confused. It kills me, because I want to beg him to come back, but should i just let it go? please help?!

Smile There is a saying that says; ‘absence makes the heart grows fonder’. You cried when he left physically because you are in love. The tears don’t mean sadness, they are signs of hope. Hope that you can survive the difficult elements of a long distance affair that is starting to creep into your relationship. Nobody tells that it is easy to maintain this kind of relationship. In fact, I have made mention in my previous post about preparing yourself for possible heartbreaks. But I still do prefer that you experience it yourself in order for you to grow in your own footprints. Heartbreaks can be temporary but sometimes they can leave deep marks. But whatever marks they leave, let them always remind you that falling in love is a gift from Above. And exercising you inherent right to love is an appreciation of that gift. Give thanks for experiencing love even with someone you just met online.

Aisnley, you have done your part and you have done it very well. Applause Now, I post his challenge to the guy, love can be made stronger when the two person communicates regularly, and with such goodness you have shown him during his stay in your place, it is expected from him that he keeps his words. Yes, the challenge is very easy because they are his words. And we here in the forum thread will surely respect the guy’s attempt in that area. With a positive result in such challenge, I personally see a success in your long distance affair. Dancing

Btw, you have already shown your support for him so you don’t need to wait, he will come back. And maybe he will do that sooner than you think ’ Razz

Ainsley3389 wrote:
Thanks you guys! You all make me really happy with all the support you give. So, you want to know how we met? Well...I play the Sims2 on PC, and so does he, and there is this website called ModThe Sims2, where you can download a lot of custom content for your game. Don't worry it's legal. Anyways, I went into the chat room on the site one time to get help with my game, but found out they had closed the help channel, so i just stayed and talked for awhile in the regular chat. Then this guy asks if anyone wants to do accupuncture on him. I said yes and then we didnt talk anymore, then later he gave a link for his picture and i looked at, and told him he was cute. The next day I got back in the chat and he private messaged me and asked if I really meant what i said (that he was cute). After that we just started talking and fell in love within about 4 days. And that's how we met. Lol...I think we owe the creator of The Sims 2 for bringing us together.

Laughing Lol, this post made me smile. The Sims2 creator is the culprit. Brick wall Hehehe If this line made me smile, the next line that says ‘… we just started talking and fell in love within about 4 days’ made me giggle. Laughing Whewww… so fast so furious? Or maybe you have been accustomed to the speed of The Sims2 and emulate it in the online life. d'oh! Lol, just kidding … but such premise of falling in love after just 4 days of talking online falls in a gray area. Think It is debatable, and I don’t wanna argue because it has both its merits and demerits. For the meantime, I will consider that 4 days as being emotionally attached. But now, after what transpired during these months of July and August, I guess that is love. And, i hope, it is.

My goodluck and best wishes will always be with the two of you. Smile
MDCNK
Hi Ainsley,

Wanted to congratulate you with your succesful relationship I'm really glad you guys met and I read the entire story Smile

You see I also believe in long distance relationships because it doesnt really matter as long as you both know that you are ready for something like this, and by the looks of it you both sure are. The age difference...totally no big deal girl, don't listen to the people who disencourage your love and heart.
I find it very sweet how you two have met I think it's very special.
I hope you guys meet again soon and keep the love alive, because it's something veyr important in your life and you both are very lucky to have it at a young age, I know this because I basically have the same thing as you do...only mine's a little bit more complicated, let me tell you a little about it.

My name is Marcel and I live in Holland, I've met this girl on the internet 2 years ago. We got to know eachother so incredibly well we became 'best friends' after a few weeks or something. Everyday we'd talk to eachother on MSN because we always had stuff to talk about. I'm 18 years old now turning 19 the 21st she turned 15 in June so really the age thing is not a problem (it's just a number thats how i see it) she's much more mature than most 15 year old girls and we have an understanding that will make everybody smile hehe. We've been together for a big 11 months now and it's NOWHERE near an end.
You see i'm truly in love with this girl just with ways we know eachother, we've never met but see eachother constantly by webcam, I call her now too, we have text fests like crazy (1000 txt done in 5 days is our record hah) It's just crazy but we're def. crazy in love.
I'm planned on moving to the USA (Ohio hopefully) for my school and my girlfriend of course, and it's something that we're really serious about, it's just that....when you KNOW that you can do this, when you know that this is what you want, don't be afraid to follow your heart.

We've sent eachother gifts, my birthday package from her is on its way now and it just means a lot like it wouldnt from anybody else, it's really amazing.

I just hope you will hold on to this love you have with him and that you don't freak out when you ever have a argument or fight, that's what fotne happens and that's why you both need to work it out, when you do you'll be insanly in love again, more than ever. Smile

I wish you both the best of luck and love.

MDC
Vandalyzed
First I want to say congrats Ainsley. I hope all works out well for you and your guy. I, for one, am happy to see two young people being happy, no matter where they met.

Secondly, I'd tell you that if you wanted advice, I'd pay particular attention to the things arjay has been saying. Someone seems to have a good head on their shoulders.

Thirdly, as for most of the other posts........meaning no offense, but nobody should be thinking longterm and wedding bells. He's 20, you're 16......this is the time for both of you to be thinking about being your age, and finding out who you are.

As far as your age difference......it really doesn't matter because he's only 20, which means that your emotional and maturity age is about equal or still greater than his.......women develop faster than men....so, it could very well be a great matchup in those terms.

The way to handle a long distance relationship is just to be there in whatever ways you can. Communication is the key. Period. The times when you can be together should be spent having fun and learning about each other and not discussing permanent things like weddings and moving and etc....

Those things will happen in due time. You both are still young and there will be plenty of obstacles to get over and past........the only way you'll do that is to strenghten the bond that's been started.

So, cheers to you and your guy. I'm routing for you!
Ainsley3389
All of you are so sweet! Thank you so much! I agree with Vandalyzed about Arjay. Everything Arjay has said has helped me in one way or another!
As for the longterm/wedding bells thing, well he gave me a promise ring, which means he promises to ask me to marry him one day. I want to
when the time comes. We have even allready decided we want four children, two boys, named Cyrus and Damon, and two girls, named Mara
and Kiera.

Oh here are pics of all the jewelry he has bought me!
The blue one is the promise ring!





About the "falling in love in four days" thing goes, I will explain what happened, but to do that I might offend some people about religous beliefs,
so I am sorry if I offend you, it is not intenional.

When we started talking, we realized we had a lot in common. I mean A LOT! It was almost scary.
Having so much in common led us to opening our hearts to the other much faster then it would normally happen.
He knows things about me, that not even my best friend knows. We got so close, that when I wasnt talking to him
I had these weird feeling, like he was upset about something, or worried, or mad, or sad. I would call him and
ask him, and it turned out I was right. So I started googling things about "feeling others feelings" and found Empathy, the
ability to read people's feelings. I think he and I are emotionally attached on a higher level then most couples, which
gave us this empathic ability between us. I believe in those sort of things, like magic...if you believe in it,
it can happen. It turned out he believed those things to! That brought us even closer together. We started to believe we were
actual soulmates, two halves, and when brought together, we equal a whole. Just simply believing this, gave us the ability to
love each other on more levels then one. It gave us hope that we were right, which brought us closer. Thats as good as I can explain it really.
Hope I didnt confuse anyone!

~Ainsley~
Citizen Kane
Hey Ainsley,

About the empathic feelings: I believe it's true your experiencing the fact that you can almost sense each others feelings, but empathy is a widespread term among social workers, who use and train their empathy to imaginge how other people feel, think and behave and help their clients that way.
If you love somebody (and this clearly is the case here) and connect on this deeper level, this surely also has to do with empathy, but even more with being the same in how you two experience the world. Having the same thought-patterns, connecting the same feelings with certain experiences and communicating in the same way make you feel like you've met your match.

About finding your soulmate, I've a relationship for about four months now and my gf is pratically the female variant of myself. We share a bucketload of things, on emotional level, but also on other levels. We found out we had ths same brand of cellphone with the same sms - call, we have the same toothbrush and more of that stuff. I've bee wondering if you also had similar weird "similarities" which you found out about...

Care to tell us?
Ainsley3389
Yeah we have had some wierd similarities. It is difficult to remember them all, because there are so many, but here are some of them...


    *Same fears, such as "opening up to someone new" and "losing each other"
    *Same taste in music
    *Same beliefs
    *Same taste in television and movies
    *We both like to write stories
    *We both like to draw wierd, abstract things
    *We were both in a state of depression, at the same points in our lives, and they lasted the same amount of time.


I can't think of anymore at the moment.
dan751
Your long distance relationship seems to have been a success so far. For which, I am happy for you. I, personally don't like long distance relationships myself, as 2 years ago, I got into one, and about a year later, she called it off. Still to this day as to why she did so, I am not completely sure. All in all, I hope everything works out for the both of you. Smile
pollux1er
Wow! Your story is barely credible. But I encourage you to go through your love which seems to be true. Lon distance love seems to be the best thing for you. how old id your guy?

are you sure you don't have a friend for me Very Happy
Mr. McCoy
Good luck with your boyfreind Smile
I´ve tried to have 2 long distance relationships, i moved together with them both (not at the same time ofcourse)... The first one were very rough...he actually beated me when we had our fights. And the other was soooo stupid. He wasn´t very clever and very dependent on me.
So I guess i´ve been very unlucky.
Hope that it´ll not happen to you.
Best wishes!!
seanooi
I'm currently on a long distance relationship with my girlfriend. It's hard at the beginning but we believe that if we trust each other, we would do just fine. And currently, we're just doing good.
dac_nip
uhmm, long distance relationship.. I think it won't work. I maybe wrong but that's what I think, there might be a communication but they still need physical communication, at least some contact. It didn't work for me. Ask a psychologist, they might answer you with some medical basis Very Happy !
Ainsley3389
Thanks for all the great advice! A lot of it has driven me to overcome things when we have problems in the relationship, which is great! A little inspiration never hurts! At the moment, everything is going pretty good. The only recent problem I've had was that my boyfriend likes to play online video games. The roleplay ones. He used to play Ragnorok a lot, but stopped. He still plays it every now and then. So I asked him how I could play it awhile ago, and he said something about he wouldn't play with me, because that really isnt him in the game. So I dropped it, but it's came back up a lot in the past few days. I understand why he doesn't want me to play it with him, because he has friends on there, and he is in another world when he plays. But sometimes I feel alone, or wonder why he wants to pretend he is in another world. It almost feels as if this world isn't good enough for him, but I am in this world, so it makes me a little upset. Any advice from anyone with a similar problem, or just really good at giving advice(Especially arjay, I would really like to hear your opinion) would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

~Ainsley~
ClanUA
wow usually long distance relationships dont last but thats awesome that u guys did congrats Wink Cool
pollux1er
Have you already thought of mariage?
arjay
Ainsley3389 wrote:
Thanks for all the great advice! A lot of it has driven me to overcome things when we have problems in the relationship, which is great! A little inspiration never hurts! At the moment, everything is going pretty good. The only recent problem I've had was that my boyfriend likes to play online video games. The roleplay ones. He used to play Ragnorok a lot, but stopped. He still plays it every now and then. So I asked him how I could play it awhile ago, and he said something about he wouldn't play with me, because that really isnt him in the game. So I dropped it, but it's came back up a lot in the past few days. I understand why he doesn't want me to play it with him, because he has friends on there, and he is in another world when he plays. But sometimes I feel alone, or wonder why he wants to pretend he is in another world. It almost feels as if this world isn't good enough for him, but I am in this world, so it makes me a little upset. Any advice from anyone with a similar problem, or just really good at giving advice(Especially arjay, I would really like to hear your opinion) would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

~Ainsley~


Good day Ainsley. Here's your wish ...
Smile I have been into RPG’s before around 2 years ago. But not anymore now as I found a lot MORE productive ways to enjoy and experience the beauty of life. I have been playing Ragnarok since it’s conception – Episode 1. But I decided to stop after almost 6 months of playing. Why? To be frank and honest, RPG’s are a waste of time, money, and efforts (and relationships) Sad . It is difficult to control your desire to level-up when you get hooked to the game. My grades in my studies suffered, including my relationship to others in the real world. The bottom line? The quality of my life in the real world deteriorated significantly– without me noticing it. But the people around me saw the big and radical changes in my attitude and personality. I became stubborn and careless. A lot of negative attitudes developed within me. What can you expect from a COMMERCIAL online game that leveling-up is the ONLY objective? d'oh! As long as you have the money to top-up, you can continue to enjoy the game ‘til kingdom come, without care to what happen to your personal life and character. And mind you, leveling has no limits. Aside from that, your life is being turned into sort of paranoid where everything is illusion and make-believe. Rolling Eyes The things that you 'desperately' wished you can be in real life, you can opt to experience them when playing RPG’s Think . A weakling in real life suddenly becomes a superhero with a lot of magical powers while playing the game. But at the end of the play… the poor fellow is back to reality – he can never be the person he is role playing. Another long hours have been put to total waste while another relationship has been put to risk. Long hours which could have been used productively to progress one’s self and improve the quality of his life. Confused

I am sharing this not to discourage anyone from playing RPG’s, but in order to give you the humble idea that, while playing the game, DO NOT detach yourself from the real world. Pray Because, once you do that, it is no longer you playing the game but it the game that is playing you and your life. Many of those hooked with RPG’s will try to disagree with this point of view… but before doing that, look and face the mirror. Is the person you see infront of you the real you? Shhh You need your answer more than I do. This is just another reality check. And this leads to the main line of this topic.

Idea A real and strong relationship can never be established when one refuses to accept the boundaries of the real world. At the onset, you met eachother online, you were in a virtual setting. But when that most memorable moment of July 10 occurred, when you finally met eachother physically, you effectively broke the shackle of being in the virtual world. Your relationship starting July 10 was already REAL. Until this moment, though it is a long-distance affair, it is as real as it can be. I’ll say it again, you are in a real relationship. And both of you have decided to recognize such relationship, hence, I refuse to take cognizance of it as an extension of your RPG’s. Razz

I am basing my comment and humble opinion from the sincerity of the words used in the post. If the post that I am giving my opinion lacks the necessary sincerity, then my opinion does not hold ground anymore; and the rest may be considered as immaterial and irrelevant. Smile

Ainsley, I am not putting my thoughts to the mind of your guy, and I don’t intend to do that in the future. But I am not also comfortable thinking of cover-ups. There is something wrong somewhere and it is never too late to correct it. Exclamation The way you opened up your worries to the guy is a very positive move in a serious relationship. That alone, your boyfriend should be thankful and be proud of. You are making things easy for him. One of the most difficult situations to tackle with is when neither of the partners talks about their inner thoughts and feelings. That sometimes they just realize that there is no relationship anymore and is already in the state of being unrecoverable. Not talking

But yours is different, you love the guy that you wanted to share most of your quality with him. That you try to learn to like the games he likes just to be near him most of the time. You have proven you are capable of small sacrifices, that is why you can say …
Quote:
But sometimes I feel alone, or wonder why he wants to pretend he is in another world. It almost feels as if this world isn't good enough for him, but I am in this world, so it makes me a little upset.

And further, it proves you are holding on to the real world. And that is the winning factor. Dancing

Ainsley, you are still young. Your boyfriend is also young. Although I am impressed with the nice plan for the future you have, you are still both young for strict commitment. You have not yet even started enjoying your life. And, though I would say that he sounds not ready to live with only you, so many beautiful things can still happen. You are still in the process of knowing and feeling eachother. You are still in the period where you evaluate the positive and the negative in your relationship. There is no perfect relationship. A relationship is not all bed of roses. But as you experience and overcome these inconveniences and upsets, real love grows. So, thank those moments that upsets you, because that is where the chance of growing is held best. Then, for the meantime, enjoy your life with and/or without each other. When you have a lot of time and space to think about yourself, then you will start to love yourself more, and your longing for love coming from another person will diminish. Here’s a quote that goes with this ..” You know you really love someone when you want him or her to be happy, even if their happiness means that you’re not a part of it. Everything happens for the best.” That is what I mean by love. Smile

Don’t worry when he gets tired of his online friends and RPG’s and virtual world , he will come back to you (there will never be a substitute to a warm, living and loving human being who will cuddle you to sleep and who prays for your safety all day and all night) and hopefully you are still there waiting for him. I hope that he knows how great you have been to him and I do hope also that he knows his responsibilities as your boyfriend. This is where the area where he should level-up. Exclamation

Have a good day. Have a good rest. Have a peaceful mind and heart. Don’t forget to say thanks to your mom and dad for their kind understanding and support to your relationship. Their kind of love, you can’t find on the net. Cheer-up, we are here with you. Applause

Goodluck and best wishes always to both of you.
cybernie
just do what you feel is right...
Ainsley3389
Thank you arjay, and the others who gave advice! It helps a lot, although when i read something you said, arjay,
Quote:
A weakling in real life suddenly becomes a superhero with a lot of magical powers while playing the game. But at the end of the play… the poor fellow is back to reality – he can never be the person he is role playing.

That statement sort of upset me. My boyfriend isn't weak at all. I agree that is the reason some people play RPGs, but I'm sure it is not his reaon. He is a martial arts master practically, and believes he can kill whoever he wants. I don't disagree with him, but I do let him know I don't want him to go on a murdering spree! lol...oops, i just made him sound like a phsycho....well he isnt...when he says he wants to kill someone, it is normaly a person who has committed a crime, and should be in jail.
I think he likes rpging because it is things that are not real, they can't happen in real life. I like certain rpgs like that, too. It is fun because, you can battle a dragon that is 20 feet taller then you, but you can still win. That is something that can never happen for real. He does not roleplay so much that his grades suffer, or that our relationship suffers badly. He barely roleplays, maybe once a month...or maybe not even that much. I just got worried ... lol...i worry a lot about unnecesary things to worry about. Mostly what I was worried about was why he didnt want me in that part of his life(because I wanted to roleplay with him) and he told me the reason. I can't give you the whole reason, as it is private, and I will obey his wishes for me to keep it private. One thing I can tell you that I remember him saying a while back was, He didn't want me to roleplay with him, because he was a different person when he roleplayed. He said he had seen couples roleplay together before, and when they got in a fight in the roleplay, it led to a fight in their real relationship, or ended their relationship. I understand how that can happen, and I love that he doesn't want it to happen to us, so I'm okay with him roleplaying. I know that he realizes being with me, is better then his fake world, even if i have to remind him sometimes. Afterall, you can't makeout and cuddle with a demon now can you? lol. Anyways, I really appreciate your advice and support arjay....you are great at helping people...ever thought of being a therapist? You would be terriffic at it.

Answering pollux1er's question: Yes we have thought about marriage, and children also. I would love a baby, at least the girly side of me would, but the grown up side knows I need to wait until I'm older and ready to support a baby emotionally and financially. As for getting married, well he might propose to me on Christmas, when he comes back. I've allready told my mother, and before she said anything I said "haven't you ever heard of the movie A very long engagement ?" To let her know it would infact be a very long engagement, which she has said she is fine with. Thinking about him proposing to me absolutley puts me on cloud 9..lol...I can't wait, even though I have to stay engaged until im 18 Rolling Eyes lol...oh well, thanks for everything!

~Ainsley~
Vandalyzed
Hello again, Ainsley. I'm glad that Arjay answered you.....and once again she's hit the heart of the matter. That's why I said you should talk to her.

But, the issue of commenting about being weak. She was not saying your boyfriend was weak. Sometimes things aren't as straight forward as all that.....

There are many kinds of weaknesses. Spiritual, Emotional, Physical. But when Arjay made the comment of a weakling, she was more talking about the fact that if a person is lacking something in their life, it becomes a weakness. That doesn't necessarily mean they are a weak person.

But that weakness tends to be filled by destructive things that give instant gratification.

I dont know if it's a better way to just say.......it takes more courage to face your fears in the real world than it does to be instantly over your fears in a virtual world.

Anyway, good luck on everything. Take Care!
Ainsley3389
Thank you guys for everything. Thanks for explaining Vandalyzed. I wasnt trying to be mean or anything about the weakness thing, I just was defending my bf, lol...I guess it's a gf thing Confused (haven't been one of those in a loooooong time)
Sometimes my boyfriend will ask me why I like this forum so much, or why I care what you guys think, but I tried to tell him that sometimes advice is better when it comes from a stranger....they dont judge you on things they might know about you, as friends and family do. They also will tell you the truth, even if it hurts you, which friends and family dont do. I just want to think all of you for supporting me and giving me such great advice. In a certain way....I think you deserve to be called my "friends". Maybe not close friends, but you all are my friends for helping me in such a personal matter. Thank you all again,
Your New Friend,
~Ainsley~
Ainsley3389
I almost forgot to show everyone, my boyfriend got me a new ring, it is a Wiccan ring for good luck. He said maybe it would help protect me while he can't because he has to be so far away. Very Happy
molif
woooooo

so sweet the pic..

woah.. i damn slow...
Vandalyzed
Ainsley3389 wrote:
I almost forgot to show everyone, my boyfriend got me a new ring, it is a Wiccan ring for good luck. He said maybe it would help protect me while he can't because he has to be so far away. Very Happy


At first I thought that might be an offshoot of the Triquetra. It is most commonly a symbol of the Holy Trinity (Father, son, Holy spirit) used by the Celtic Christian Church. In Wiccan and Neopagan belief, the triqueta symbolizes the triple aspected goddess (maid, mother, and crone).


Then I thought it might be an offshoot of the Tomoe, In Japan it was maga-tama or mitsu tomoe, the world soul..... Which was originally an oriental symbol, it was adopted by western Gnostics as an emblem of cosmic creativity, the threefold nature of reality or fate, and the eternally spiraling cycles of time... In Bhutan and Tibet, it is still known as the Cosmic Mandal, a sign of the Trimurti.

Still I like the representation of reality and fate, which you two seem to believe is what brought you together. Smile
justingme
rainynightstarz wrote:
wow only 16? well i am 16 too and i live in Cali and chinese, but i am a girl>.< how many chinese people would have online relationship
and to your question , hug and stuff, depends on you, but i think hugs are good, kisses if u felt right i guess.


maybe there is a lot of people have relationship online, since the network make them fell safe to show themself the other side
arjay
Vandalyzed wrote:
Hello again, Ainsley. I'm glad that Arjay answered you.....and once again she's hit the heart of the matter. That's why I said you should talk to her.

But, the issue of commenting about being weak. She was not saying your boyfriend was weak. Sometimes things aren't as straight forward as all that.....

There are many kinds of weaknesses. Spiritual, Emotional, Physical. But when Arjay made the comment of a weakling, she was more talking about the fact that if a person is lacking something in their life, it becomes a weakness. That doesn't necessarily mean they are a weak person.

But that weakness tends to be filled by destructive things that give instant gratification.

I dont know if it's a better way to just say.......it takes more courage to face your fears in the real world than it does to be instantly over your fears in a virtual world.

Anyway, good luck on everything. Take Care!

Thanks for the complimentary post. Your post is almost perfect except when you addressed me as a she. Sorry to disappoint you, I am 100% member of the male specie. Lol. Laughing I don’t want to have gender crisis, hence, this clarification. Razz

Real strength comes from within. I agree with you, as you enumerated some, there are different kinds of strength. And, physical(unfortunately, the most common) is only one of them. Thanks for making Ainsley feel comfortable with my post.

When we talk about real strength, it is the whole personality of a person. Yes, we all have weaknesses in one way or another. And, it is only when we accept our weaknesses that we find our strength and thus become stronger and better person.

Ainsley3389 wrote:
Thank you arjay, and the others who gave advice! It helps a lot, although when i read something you said, arjay,
Quote:
A weakling in real life suddenly becomes a superhero with a lot of magical powers while playing the game. But at the end of the play… the poor fellow is back to reality – he can never be the person he is role playing.

That statement sort of upset me. My boyfriend isn't weak at all. I agree that is the reason some people play RPGs, but I'm sure it is not his reaon. He is a martial arts master practically, and believes he can kill whoever he wants. I don't disagree with him, but I do let him know I don't want him to go on a murdering spree! lol...oops, i just made him sound like a phsycho....well he isnt...when he says he wants to kill someone, it is normaly a person who has committed a crime, and should be in jail.

Smile I am smiling while thinking... Who is really the strong person? A criminal who has killed thousand , a police officer who has killed that criminal, or a humble person who rationally went near that criminal to convince him to surrender and did it well? In our journey to this difficult life and relationships, as we look back at the path of our footprints; happy living spirits, cheerful hearts, and joyful minds count more than dead bodies. So while we are in this journey, be ourselves (no illusions of an unreal world) and give our best because 'we may never pass this way again'. And, that holds in a relationship, too. Smile The guy may never find another Ainsley... and vice-versa. Crying or Very sad

But i know Ainsley only means well ...
Ainsley3389 wrote:
... I wasnt trying to be mean or anything about the weakness thing, I just was defending my bf, lol...I guess it's a gf thing Confused (haven't been one of those in a loooooong time)...

Exclamation You dont need to defend him, there is no argument that he is the best for you. Dancing And, no amount of opposing opinion from others will make me change my view that you deserve each other. In fact all my posts here are about preserving your relationship and that is my only objective. Smile

As I pursue a lil bit the defensive line of Ainsley, which is sweet and perfectly normal coming from a loving GF when the personality of the BF is threatened(and again,why should it be? Surprised Razz ), I can’t avoid reminding that we are dealing here with a not-so-favorable long distance relationship as our main focal view. That means, what we lack in presence(near and tangibles), we fill it up with the non-tangibles elements, and one of those elements is developing strong emotional foundation to resist future temptations of cover-ups. The strongest link that binds a long-distance relationship is TRUST – to trust and being trustworthy. This is where the inner strength will come in.

In my humble opinion, a person that can’t trust (oneself and others) and is not trustworthy is considered a weakling in that area - a person that can't trust his own power and needs an illusion of a superhero to win his struggle. In a serious relationship, you don’t need special magical power to keep it strong, all you need is trust with eachother - trust that no matter how difficult your love affair (or an RPG fight) is, you will always survive in the same side hugging each other in a warm embrace. A battle is easier ‘won’ when two trusting person play side by side (but not necessarily always in the same side while in a game) emotionally. Yes, you may lose the game, but you have won and will always win the heart of your partner – and that matters most. Smile

A long distance relationship survives because BOTH partners dream and believe they can do it. Do not be afraid to fail because failure is the first step to success. And I strongly believe both of you can make your relationship work because you have a good headstart complemented with supportive parents. Dancing
Ainsley3389 wrote:

Anyways, I really appreciate your advice and support arjay....you are great at helping people...ever thought of being a therapist? You would be terriffic at it.

Thanks for the kind words Ainsley. I am just returning favor. Therapist? Never came into my mind. I am just happy making people happy and sometimes showing them the positive side of life.
Quote:

... advice is better when it comes from a stranger....they dont judge you on things they might know about you, as friends and family do. They also will tell you the truth, even if it hurts you, which friends and family dont do. I just want to think all of you for supporting me and giving me such great advice. In a certain way....I think you deserve to be called my "friends". Maybe not close friends, but you all are my friends for helping me in such a personal matter. Thank you all again,
Your New Friend,
~Ainsley~

This topic thread is a success. I am thanking Ainsley for accommodating me to be a part of her thread. It is also heartwarming to note that I was able to help in my small way. Surely, both of them will gain more friends, aside from me, from this experience. Before I sign-off from this thread, I would like to give both of you and your lucky boyfriend some inspirational thoughts from Max Ehrmann’s Desiderata. I hope it will inspire you both to hold on to your long distance relationship because, after all, the couple that gives a good fight, keeps the faith, and perseveres to the end wins the game and enjoys the prize of a beautiful world. Applause
Quote:

Max Ehrmann
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.


Cheers, goodluck and best wishes always to both of you. Keep it up and keep it strong.
tar-xzv
You are too young to attach yourself to long distance relationship. Instead of being in front of the computer and on the phone every single day for few hours, use that time to get out with your friend from Indiana and meet new friends, have fun, enjoy being a teenager.
dbaker6165
Usually when I hear stories like this on the news, the story ends in someone getting sexually assaulted or killed... perhaps online dating works best for white girls in Indiana.... Anyways.. to all that looked at this thread and want to use this to justify an online meeting with a stranger, I think you should really get some therapy because this is NOT cool....
Ainsley3389
Thanks for the nice things you said arjay. You are awsome. But the two who made replys after arjay...well, it's my decision on what I want to do to have fun. Not every teenager likes going out with friends, who are immature by the way, to parties, getting drunk, and acting stupid. I'm more matture then that. I know what I want in my life, and it's not high school crap. Don't tell me what I should be doing, you're not my mother. And as for the next guy's comment, I agree that people shouldn't just go out and meet anyone they talk to on the internet. In my case, it was okay. Both of our parents new about it, my mom took me to the airport to pick him up, he slept in my bed, while i slept on the couch. I have parents that care and lookout for me. And Im not stupid. So if you don't have any positive remarks to make, then don't make any at all. Or at least don't post them in this forum. I asked for advice about a certain topic. Not about the things you both addresed. I didn't ask for negativity either.

Thanks to all of my supporters from this forum
~Ainsley~
Ainsley3389
Hi all! I haven't posted in awhile, been busy and stuff with school work. Thought I'd say hello and let everyone know that my boyfriend and I have been doing great. We get in little arguments every now and then, but we always find a way to work it out. I know I couldn't stand my life without him in it, so I work as hard as I can. If anyone has ever told you that long distance relationships are easy...they were lieing. It causes so much stress when you are so far apart from the person you love. Especially when you know how it feels to have them in your arms. But if you are strong enough, you can use the pain and stress from missing them, and do what i do. Turn it into fuel that makes you keep going so you will have what you want one day. Don't let it get you down. Just keep going, knowing that you will be together forever one day.

~Ainsley~
Ainsley3389
Sorry I've been gone for so long! School takes up a lot of my time now, and my grandma has gotten into two car wrecks in like the past month, which isnt fun. But i think she is doing pretty good. Actually very good for a 70 year old. Anyways...my boyfriend is coming back to stay another three weeks around Dec. 23rd or 24th, he still doesnt know when his finals are, so he isn't sure which day. I'm so excited! And I allready got to see my christmas presents...well over the webcam, but thats still seeing them. He got me this really pretty 24k gold heart shaped locket, that says "I Love You" on it, and also (he only got this because I asked for it..lol..I know it's sorta cheesy) he got me a replica of the Heart Of The Ocean necklace. Very Happy
Im kinda worried because I havn't even bought him anything yet. I don't know what to get him. What if he doesn't like whatever it is? I know he likes knives and swords. So Im probably going to get him this sword me and him were arguing about, because we both wanted it...I don't need it though, so im thinking about seeing if i can put enough money on one of those visa pre paid things, and get the sword for him, since it's online. I also feel like I need to get him something romantic...not sure what yet though...oh well...im sure it will come to me...See Ya!

~AInsley~
Vandalyzed
Congrats.... But I think your Grandma should take a break from driving for a while. 2 accidents in a month?? Wow............ Even if she wasn't declared at fault, ya gotta wonder if she should be driving lately.

I hope we dont see a post in the near future of something happening worse with her because of a driving incident.

Have a good Holidays!
chic_optic
people like to have something they don't have. So you may convince urself to stay in long distance relationship just to challenge urself thus waist ur time.
keoni
Internet works!
\o/
It's so good to see you happy!
Related topics
Miserable Situation
Love, Lust, or Obsession?
What is the best way to split up?
Long Distance: 800 miles
Long distance and keeping the fire.
Long distance relationship
Long Distance Relationship
realistic request?
best thing to do in long distance relationship?
Long Distance Vs Real Life Relationships
Making Long Distance Relationships Work
Long Distance Relationship
A long distance without resorting to wiring
Any thoughts or advice? Thank you!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.