FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brilliant program for brush addicts...

CrimsonStrange
If you're a big fan of brushes, (as in the sort that you can use with Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro - in the .ABR format), then you might be interested in this program.

It's called ABRviewer, and here's what it does:

It'll allow you to load up an .ABR brush file and preview it, test it out and export all of the individual images used to create the brush as .png files.

Now, for Paint Shop Pro users, who {as of Paint Shop Pro version 8, anyway - I've never used any version higher than 8} cannot use Adobe Photoshop brushes that are greater than 500 x 500 pixels, it'll allow you to re-size the images and export them as brushes that can be utilized by Paint Shop Pro.

Pretty nifty,huh? Wink

Here's the link: http://abrviewer.sourceforge.net/
jeffsolodky
Allright, thanks for that! I will defenitaly check that out.
pansophia
That is nifty!

I recently moved computers and discovered that I had so many brushes on my old computer that the folders are too big to move via my jump drive. Sad
m00tmuffin
Ohhh, this is awesome! I've been searching high and low for one of these since as long as I first started using Photoshop...wow. I almost though that it didn't exit. Smile Thanks so much, I love it!
uslhoops
So you mean that images can be converted to brushes?
romaop
How can I join several photoshop brushes in just a 1 .abr file? Does this program help? What solutions?
Rocky3478
Very interesting!
CrimsonStrange
Reply to uslhoops and romaop:

Guys, just read the Help files of your graphics programs.

Yes, you can create Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop brushes from individual images, uslhoops. Read your help file.

romaop, I honestly don't know how you combine many images into a single .ABR brush file. I don't use Photoshop.

The Adobe Photoshop graphics program should have that topic (and many others concerning the use and creation of brushes) covered in the Help file.
romaop
I just found out the solution. Photoshop is able to gather the brushes you want from several .abr files and to save them in another .abr file. Then the immense .abr files that I had just were deleted. Of course the new brush set (abr file) went to a size of almost 2 MB but now I don't have anymore brush sets with just 1 or 2 brushes.

Thanks for the reccomendation CrimsonStrange. You were right.