FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rhodes, Greece

Helios
I'm going there soon. For a vecation(maybe business too).
I'll probably be staying in the 5* Hotel Rhodes Palace.

If someone traveled there(or living there), I'd like to hear his/her opinions.
make_life_better
It's a good place to go, particularly if you like to wander through old streets and just relax. We actually stayed in Lindos on the east cost and only went into Rhodes town one day. It's definitely worth hiring a car and seeing the rest of the island too. We didn't go inland much, but remember Kameiros as being worth a visit too. Also there is a walk alongside a stream or small river on the east cost somewhere that is famous for butterflies - it made a nice change as it was shaded and relatively cool.

Also the very southern tip is interesting as it is where two seas meet, so you get waves coming in from two different directions at the same time which is odd...

HTH
Helios
Alright. Sound cool Smile
I need some place to relax at.
710ths
I would agree with "make_life_better" Rhodes is a great place. After being on holiday to most of the Greek Islands over the years we never had been to Rhodes, not really fancied it really. What a mistake we made. Last summer we stayed in a modest hotel / apartment in and around Kameiros very relaxing nice beaches and lots of water sports at reasonable prices. We hired a car and travelled to Rhodes town and visited the castle / old town....amazing. We spent all day there and still didnt have enough time to see it all probably because we couldnt resist lazing our time sitting at several tavernas in the old town and people watching. Dont fprget to visit the harbour and see the expensive yachts and just dream of owning one...unless you alreadt do.

HAve a great time and dont forget to learn / speak some Greek..Yasoo!
Helios
Haha alright Smile

I will try to learn few words Wink

Here's a page I found:
http://cyprus.embassyhomepage.com/cyprus_language_greek_language_holiday_phrases_cypriot_embassy_uk.htm

quite helpful Smile