FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what should i buy ?

What is better ?
Psp
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
Nintendo DS
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

kevintrung
i just have enough money to buy one of them what should i buy ? I knw that psp have a great grahoc and can play dvd and music but nDS have screen tuooching .So both good cant decide on one
desigod
Well I think that the psp is much better by FAR!!!

Just take a look at the pics for starters i dont even need to say anything else!

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL BLING!
ibix
if I were you I'll buy psp Smile
snowboardalliance
I like the DS. You can play GBA games. The two screens is pretty cool and some games are gonna be online for free (don't know, but psp might do the same)
Monkeydog
Most of all their games suck tho so it doesn't matter.It is totally stupid to buy a PSP to use as a UMD player since UMD's cost as much as a DVD and can only be played on a PSP and umd's aren't as good as DVD's.Also buying a PSP for music since u need the space for saves and who spends 250 for a flash drive mp3 player?Not many games are good either.But it does have(or soon will have):Lumines,Breath of fire III,both Megaman Legends games,and GTA Liberty City Stories.
Now the DS doesn't have all those stupid add ons and has more then one good game out for it now.The only real problem I have with the DS is it's weird to hold...It has Warioware Touched(IMO one of the best games i've played)Bomberman DS,Metos,and i guess Mario64DS(IMO it sucks tho,compared to how good the 64 version was)coming soon tho :Animal Crossing DS(looks awesome),Phoneix Wright,and Mario Kart.

I think the DS is a better buy.Its cheaper and has better games,which are also cheaper.The PSP doesn't have very many good games coming out or soon for that matter.And buying a PSP just cause it can buy UMD's and MP3's means your an idiot.
direct
ofkoz psp ;]
Grievez
Every one picks psp because it was hyped and it has his big brothers reputation, but it really has shtty games IMHO. If you want original games and arcade like gaming go for DS. (and for real, sony shouldnt start trying to kill off a champion like Nintendo on portable gameplay market).

Im not a nintendo groupie at all, i own a ps2, snes, nes, atari, ps1, xbox. I like ps2 when it comes to Normal gaming, and xbox for online gaming. (xbox is only cool because of halo2 imho).

MY suggestion
Gozzgull
none. wait for PS3 because its $400 YAY and it WILL own xbox 360

just read the specs^^
EternalDragon
What I would do is......"eeney meeney miney mo"....if you get the one you don't want, buy the other Very Happy
baseballbrad3
i say PSP. sure, you cant watch DVD's, but you can get a memory card thing and rip your DVD's to your computer, convert them, and put them on the memory card so u dont have to buy the DVD and the UMD of your favorite movie. plus the PSP looks way better than the DS ^_^
Monkeydog
Gozzgull wrote:
none. wait for PS3 because its $400 YAY and it WILL own xbox 360

just read the specs^^

well specs doesn't make a console better than the other...IMO the SNES owns all.The games makes a game system not shiny little features.And btw even tho i hate to say it the XBOX 360 has shown much more emprssive games then the PS3 has shown.(Like Oblivion...)
and yeah the PSP will die soon,most likely,Nintendo owns the portable market even if the Gameboy or the DS doesn't have the best specs in the world.Look at the Gamegear,Neo-Geo Pocket,N-Gage and other's all had better specs but didn't have the games to back it up(cept Gamgear but it needed hella batteries)
Deji
i think in the long run a PSP is gonna beat anything nintendo can offer with the DS

the touch screen seems to be a novelty with most games, the only one ive seen it used properly in is Warioware. Which despite being good isnt quite enougth to get me to buy a DS. (also i think after a while DS's will start having faults with the screen).

PSP has some nice games Wipeout looks amazing on the LCD screen.. the screen quality is just so much better than the DS. Also i keep hearing good things about lumines.

For the geek inside you (if you travel) you can rip dvds then encode them to bring with you on the psp or bring some music. Now i know these arnt the sole reason to get one but its nice to have the option.

Also homemade games / emulators are apearing for the PSP so you can enjoy classic snes games and such.
RaFaMp
PSP is not just a "mini-game"... it is a pocket pc, u can view movies, use it as Hard Drive, games, internet, and other stuff i cant think anymore! Very Happy
Sluff
yeah psp will always own anything nintendo can think of,its just the coolest handle held gaming system ever so far and i doubt nintendo makes anything that beats it,nintendo just needs to give up lol after SNES they havent had anything cool
Monkeydog
The PSP is dieing to everything nintendo if anyone has bound to notice.
And the DS has more games that use the touch screen well then just Warioware(but that game is awesome)Such as Bomberman,Metros,and Puyo Pop.Plus in all they have the games and the games coming out for it,unlike the PSP.Tho once in a blue moon it gets a good one...
I beileve as soon as Mario Kart and Animal Crossing comes out the PSP will slowly die(as it is in Japan...)
Tepelstreeltje
I think you should buy the psp not only because its beautiful looks but also if you have played the playstation many times because the gameplay and the graphics are the same as the ps2!
lostprophecy
I think the Nintendo DS, the PSP has great games and so forth but doesn't have the same games that DS has. If you love Animal Crossing Mario Kart, Castlevania and so forth get the DS.Plus it has touch screen no matter sony does they can't beat that.
Bline
I personally think you should get the psp,
its a win before this poll was even made, the DS sucks, they only got kiddy games, psp is a playstation portable with a dvd player! think of it this way, what would u get, a NINTENDO GCUBE or a SONY PS2?
Scott
I'm a big Nintendo fan, I would get the DS. I just love the style of most Nintendo games.

But, you may think differently.
toyzintheattic
Quote:
I think you should buy the psp not only because its beautiful looks but also if you have played the playstation many times because the gameplay and the graphics are the same as the ps2!

First of all, it isn't the same...but it is close. Second of all it's really not saying much anyway since PS2 is a peice of shit hardware-wise.

It's amazing how much Sony has you all fooled. I mean, don't get me wrong, the PSP is a nice peice of hardware...but it just really isn't adding anything new to the table.

Quote:
I personally think you should get the psp,
its a win before this poll was even made, the DS sucks, they only got kiddy games, psp is a playstation portable with a dvd player! think of it this way, what would u get, a NINTENDO GCUBE or a SONY PS2?

Please die now.

I mean...I just don't get it. I'm sure you Nintendo-haters all used to own an NES or an SNES....(assuming you're old enough to remember these consoles....which some of you Xbox/PS2 fanboys don't sound like you are) and Gameboy has had the monopoly on the handheld market since that market even existed. What makes Nintendo's latest efforts any different? What makes Nintendo's consoles and handhelds SOOOO much more kiddy than their previous ones?

Nothing really. So shut up.

Oh and....the PSP is NOT a DVD player. All those crappy features are such shit, and aren't even worth mentioning. If I want to watch a movie, I'm not gonna watch it on a damn PSP. If I want to listen to music I'm going to use my CD player. If I want quality handheld gaming...I'm going to get a DS.
Monkeydog
well u can rip DVD's onto a flash card and play movies toyz...also i think i would quiet want a harddrive then a CD to play songs,unless it was an MP3 CD player...
rx78alpha
PSP IS GOOD
Kelcey
I'd go for a DS. The touch screen takes time to get used to but it's neat once you get used to it. I'm not one for the "this machine can do so much crap that you can already do with something in your house." It almost seems like the PSP's selling point is that it can play friggin' UMDs... big deal. If I'm gonna watch a movie, it'll be on my TV. They're pulling the same crap with the PS3. They need to put their focus on gaming.
dapmpsh
I would go with the Nintendo DS Smile , thats my opinion but other people might want the other .
bassgs_17
Obviously, you probably bought this already, but go with the DS! Megaman and DBZ. Heck yeah!
-Aquastrike
SilverDogg
lol, its kind of funny to see all the arguments for psp. 25% of them are because of the games, 75% are for the lame ass movieplaying and musicplaying. get a cheap mp3 and a cheap portable dvdplayer instead, and you still have money left (and in this way you get better stuff).

anyway, it really all come down to the games. the psp doesnt really have anything interesting at the moment, and nothing in the future as far as i can see either. the ds however have several games, some of them already out, and some of them coming in the future. animal crossing, new super mario bros and metroid prime hunters are just three of them.

but like i said, it comes down to the games. what games do you prefer? and do you like loading times? Wink
Hanpusu-kun
In my opinion you should get the DS.
Got a tons of games already, many cool and great such ones too.
Much longer battery.

And I dont even think that the PSP is a game console more, because it has almost turned into a media player.
More UMD movies then games.
not ftw....
Kelcey
What exactly do you want?

The psp is more of a multimedia device than the DS. But I think a lot of people say the DS has better games. I personally don't care for handheld devices.

I'd say, if you want a gaming machine, go for the DS. Otherwise, go for the PSP.
silli
Absolutely PSP. Its got everything. DS only got Mario Razz
5C1
i will buy Psp @@ n i have itt now lol~~~~
Deji
If you want gameplay

Get a DS, the games are great fun with some realy unique ideas.

and Mario Cart DS lets you race online against other players easily.

you can also play lots of older gameboy / gba games on it. I know i actually own more GBA games than DS games.

If you want to spend lots of money to get ROMs and a media player

get a PSP, none of the games realy appeal to me other than the option to put SNES roms on it / homebrew games.

being able to watch videos is cool but i adds to the cost.

PSP + 1 gig memory card for it = a lot of money....

If you are realy serious about watching video files

get a portable media player .. try www.archos.com, you can record direct-from-tv and then watch it anywhere.
Monkeydog
It's funny, buying a PSP, because you don't like Nintendo, just to play Nintendo games? heh.
jarcelao
i will definitely go for the Nintendo DS... it has better library of games than the PSP... and also a lot cheaper!
bassgs_17
Yup, I knew it...
-Aquastrike
Bender1337
buy the ds it is way cheaper and has pretty good graphics
Yjaxygames
You really should buy a PSP. Much better. The graphics and stuff are much better and the games are better too.
SilverDogg
Yjaxygames wrote:
You really should buy a PSP. Much better. The graphics and stuff are much better and the games are better too.

considering you say "graphics are much better" that means you are a ******. try looking for a good game instead of good graphics next time ok?

and about better games on psp, well, thats your taste. and as you can clearly see, since ds is outselling psp, the ds has better games, wouldnt you say?
Hanpusu-kun
The PSP has more then 50% racing games now too right? ;P
SilverDogg
if not more Wink
afux
i think psp is better
u can go n internet with it
and u can watch movies with it

it is also a good mp3 and mp4 player
s##t on nintendo

Twisted Evil
Yjaxygames
SilverDogg wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

considering you say "graphics are much better" that means you are a ******. try looking for a good game instead of good graphics next time ok?

and about better games on psp, well, thats your taste. and as you can clearly see, since ds is outselling psp, the ds has better games, wouldnt you say?

I'm not really a ******, I only say that the graphics are better. And much games of the DS are for kids too, like nintendogs and stuff.
Hanpusu-kun
Yjaxygames wrote:
SilverDogg wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

I'm not really a ******, I only say that the graphics are better. And much games of the DS are for kids too, like nintendogs and stuff.

This thing about "kid" stuff, that nintendo only ahs games for kids and so on, is just absurd.
Advance Wars, nintendogs, Catlevania is for me really not kid games.
Sure, many games has 3+ rating but that doesn't mean that they are ONLY for kids.
SilverDogg
afux wrote:
i think psp is better
u can go n internet with it
and u can watch movies with it

it is also a good mp3 and mp4 player
s##t on nintendo

Twisted Evil

gba, gba sp, gbam and nds can also watch movies and play music, and at a cheaper price than psp.
so, shit on you ^_^

[quote=Yjaxygames]SilverDogg wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:

I'm not really a ******, I only say that the graphics are better. And much games of the DS are for kids too, like nintendogs and stuff.[/quote]

and why would you write that? does it matter? no! it doesnt matter how good the graphics are, if the game isnt good! and ffs! much of the games on psp are for kids aswell, so is the psp a kiddyconsole? by your standards, yupdidopdidoo!
BlackMask
i say PSP. sure, you cant watch DVD's, but you can get a memory card thing and rip your DVD's to your computer, convert them, and put them on the memory card so u dont have to buy the DVD and the UMD of your favorite movie. plus the PSP looks way better than the DS ^_^
Trigonous
Yjaxygames wrote:
I'm not really a *****, I only say that the graphics are better. And much games of the DS are for kids too, like nintendogs and stuff.

Do you know how many ADULTS play nintendogs? There has to be alot of them out there.

And looks aren't everything, gameplay is really the only thing you should be looking for.
kain
PsP... It can do much more... store pictures, play mp3s, play UMD movies, and the games are better...
doug hines
neither

save your money and buy real games for real systems
SilverDogg
kain wrote:
PsP... It can do much more... store pictures, play mp3s, play UMD movies, and the games are better...

yea, the games are better, thats why the movies are selling better Wink
duckling
if I were you, I'd buy psp Very Happy

but the decision is yours Smile

so to see the differences go to:

http://www.yourpsp.com ----------------------> PSP's official site
http://www.nintendo.com/systemsds ---------> Nintendo DS's official site

look at the differences and make your decision Smile

but as I said I'd buy psp Very Happy