FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Spoiler][/Spoiler] tags.

Hogwarts
Hey, I think that it would be a great idea to have spoiler tags. This is for games and movies and stuff because sometimes you accidentally read then when you don't want to and then the series just doesn't seem as good anymore because you know what is going to happen.

It would work by having a little iframe or whatever it is called, and then when you click it expands and it shows you the text inside the box, otherwise the text is hidden and the iframe is only one line big.

Smile This would be great for the movies section.
Daniel15
Hogwarts wrote:
Hey, I think that it would be a great idea to have spoiler tags. This is for games and movies and stuff because sometimes you accidentally read then when you don't want to and then the series just doesn't seem as good anymore because you know what is going to happen.

It would work by having a little iframe or whatever it is called, and then when you click it expands and it shows you the text inside the box, otherwise the text is hidden and the iframe is only one line big.

Smile This would be great for the movies section.

Sounds like a good idea Razz Alternatively, you could what I usually see people do, something like this:

WARNING! Spoiler follows! Select text >>> Since the colour of this text is the same colour as the background, you need to select it to see it! <<< Select Text
TeenZine
That would be cool mabe you could program it to go back words or something just so only people who want to see it see it.
alkady
Stick with the good old good old **SPOILER** Headline.
AftershockVibe
daniel15 wrote:

WARNING! Spoiler follows! Select text >>> Since the colour of this text is the same colour as the background, you need to select it to see it! <<< Select Text

But if this gets quoted then you can read it. Not very well, but certainly well enough to be legible.
tidruG
AftershockVibe wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

But if this gets quoted then you can read it. Not very well, but certainly well enough to be legible.

Well, that's something we'll have to risk then Wink

Either way, if we're going to have some spoiler text, it's very likely that the discussion is going to have that too... so, my suggestion is to have the title something like "Harry Potter - Book 6 (SPOILER WARNING)" or something similar, so that someone who hasn't read the book has a choice of opening the thread or not.
Daniel15
tidruG wrote:
Either way, if we're going to have some spoiler text, it's very likely that the discussion is going to have that too... so, my suggestion is to have the title something like "Harry Potter - Book 6 (SPOILER WARNING)" or something similar, so that someone who hasn't read the book has a choice of opening the thread or not.

I quite like that idea... In fact, I like it even better than my original one Smile
Scorpio
daniel15 wrote:
tidruG wrote:

I quite like that idea... In fact, I like it even better than my original one Smile

But when a spoiler is not generally expected in a discussion, but it pops up, it would be best to use daniel15's idea
Blaster
I like that idea. But what daniel said might not work. For example this post is lighter then the other post. If you notice posts go light dark light dark.

Spolier...
See what i mean this just may not work.

Edit: If you notice you can still see it. Not the best but i could read it.
KMKM
Hmm.. but isnt a [hide] [/hide] a better option?
only people who reply in the topic will see the hidden text... and your thread obviously contains the spoiler warning , so do not reply if there is a spoiler Smile

Kudos!
~KMKM