FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help on making a web page

Zug Zug
This is my friest time ever doing a web page....how do I make one on here? I've already have free hosting...it's just no one ever told me how to make one on here. I already have a sub domain name...but how do I modify it?

Please someone help! Thanks!

Sincerely,

Meghan
elcyron
did you ever make a website before?

you can just upload your .html via FTP or install a CMS. it's not much different
from any other webspaceprovider.

the tutorialsection of this forum has some nice threads about content managment.
Zug Zug
I've never made one before, ty for the commentary. I'll try that.
James007
You could install a forum, so people could talk to each other. (looking at your site description)

Could I also suggest you just slow down with posting a bit? It looks spammy now.

James Smile
jayandsilo
damn you're set for a while
ocalhoun
You can find most of the options for modifying your webspace by logging into cp.fih.net Once you have your files (made on your local machine, or downloaded from a site), you should upload them via FTP to your new webspace. The adress is <ftp.(your subdomain).frih.net>
I'd suggest making your own files (after learning how), because once you start down the quick and easy path of templates and pre-made sites, forever will it dominate your destiny.
apeX-FXR
Well i think u should give a try and install phpbb forum on ur server

You can make money as well through the ads u may place on ur forum

Google-phpbb Smile

P.S-Sorry for my terrible english Smile
godam64
you can use preinstalled scripts to start making a good looking & stable site. you can make blog, forum, form, survey, directory, or whatever you like to do with your free hosting account.

if you want to make basic simple your own design site you can use microsoft word to create html file. just design something, save it as index.htm or index.html and then upload it at your control panel or ftp account on the public_html folder from the root.

please, having fun with your account...
you got the right free hosting account here with the best quality. Laughing
Zug Zug
I'll try to cut down on my posting heh, I'm a forum troll o.o thank you for your help! Have a nice day!!

Sincerely,

Meghan
Blaster
Well if you ever need help with anything feel free to contact me in any way. I could help you out as much as i can. Oh and start out by making a home page and figureing out how to work html and update your page. From there add a forum of some kind. you can try www.phpbb.com or www.simplemachines.org But take in count that you can't have ipb or vbullitin. After you get more advaced i would maybe suggest redoing the whole design but that is later down the rode. But step one is having an idea for your website. Very Happy
{name here}
ocalhoun wrote:
You can find most of the options for modifying your webspace by logging into cp.fih.net Once you have your files (made on your local machine, or downloaded from a site), you should upload them via FTP to your new webspace. The adress is <ftp.(your subdomain).frih.net>
I'd suggest making your own files (after learning how), because once you start down the quick and easy path of templates and pre-made sites, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Alternatively, you ftp on the main site on port 21 if you have a more advanced ftp client like CoreFTP or Filezilla. The version ocalhoun had stated above should also work in Internet Explorer if you want to work at files that way.
cybernie
IF you're a newbie on designing webpages, I'd suggest that you start making simple webpages... so you won't be confused on what kind of codes you're looking when editing the sources. There are lots of tutorials available over the internet. Webmonkey offers great free online tutorials for beginners. After familiarizing with the codes and tags, you can use HTML editors like MS Frontpage, Dreamweaver or other softwares for faster coding since the software automatically generate the codes for you.

You can use also Notepad if you want to make your codes manually. Then, if you're familiar enough with HTML, try working on Javascripts and other site add-ons for a more interactive design... adding animations would help in making an eye-catching site display.

Getting more advanced, try to learn php and mysql for a more advanced design and great website. Hope this advice be of great help... goodluck!
izcool
It depends on where you would like to start. I started with the line-by-line editing-in-Notepad type of webpage making, not anything like Microsoft FrontPage or Adobe Dreamweaver. You need to start with some sort of an idea on what you would like to put on your website. I wouldn't go nuts and make something that's too complicated, keep it simple for now until you get more strength on it and then tackle onto it. Try taking a look at a free program from Download.com to see what you can do with it, without actually putting it on the web. Save it to your computer and upload it when you feel it should go online.

Remember, a lot of HTML that you do you have to review through and check yourself, as sometimes FrontPage doesn't catch your mistakes when you put an end tag in the wrong place. It should be consistant, neat, and organized. When I edit HTML in Notepad, I do make mistakes (but not often) and I honestly cannot cope with stuff that I never made myself through scripting (I'm not fond of FrontPage), I think it's just overrated for me.

Mind all of you, I'm speaking though the eyes of 5 years of experience, even with complicated stuff like PHP.

- Mike.
soulman
you can search and download some free web templates of simple HTML pages, or you can download a forum like phpbb (www.phpbb.com), or a blog like wordpress (www.wordpress.org).

to install a forum or a blog, you have to configure your SQL database and account, then fallow the setps of installation in user guide file.