FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Silent Hill

My most favorite Silent Hill Games
Silent Hill 1
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Silent Hill 2 - Restless Dream
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Silent Hill 3
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

rayx
I really like this game, and this better than the REsident Evil games.
What do you think of this game by KONAMI ! Cool
deroga
In my opinnion one of the best game series ever made. But why isn't 'Silent Hill 4: The Room' in the poll
TonkPilz
never playd any of the silent hill games basecly coz thay are a bit hard to find for the pc and 1ns you find them the controls are to stupid to even bother. sean friends play it on PS tho and just looking att it is a nice feel.

cant w8 for the movie lets hope thay did a good job tranfering the game to the silver screen
Rad Ultima 2
I've seen my brother play the game on the playstation. I liked it. Quite scary for me though (yes, I'm a wuss... Sad) The sound creeps me out! The radio thing that tells you how close monsters are gets me sitting upright too...
rayx
deroga wrote:
In my opinnion one of the best game series ever made. But why isn't 'Silent Hill 4: The Room' in the poll

Because the poll option here only required maximum of 3 options. . .. maybe that is the reason.

@topic
I also like Silent Hill 4: The Room because it is different from the previous silent hill games.
jarcelao
I think the best Silent Hill game is the 2nd one! Defintely scared the hell of me!

Just to add up, I think Silent Hill series is a lot better than the Resident Evil series.
codenameshypher
In my opinion the last one 4 is the best. it's a hit for all the others. the movie by the way is nothing I was waiting to see. just another horor movie. hope the last -5- serie will lead the 4th one.
gr3gg3r
These series of games are ones I have not tried yet. Although I have heard good things about them. I just never seem to go out and rent them myself. I loved the Resident Evil games and if these are anything like those than that would be pretty awesome.

I have yet to see the Silent Hill movie either. I'm not sure how close it relates to the games, but it sure looks interesting. I don't know when that comes out on DVD or if its out already, lol.

Looks like I'll have to go out and rent these games sometime. Smile
rayx
gr3gg3r wrote:
These series of games are ones I have not tried yet. Although I have heard good things about them. I just never seem to go out and rent them myself. I loved the Resident Evil games and if these are anything like those than that would be pretty awesome.

I have yet to see the Silent Hill movie either. I'm not sure how close it relates to the games, but it sure looks interesting. I don't know when that comes out on DVD or if its out already, lol.

Looks like I'll have to go out and rent these games sometime. Smile

If you want to play Silent Hill for the first time, I think you should start from where it is all begin the famous SILENT HILL 1 (HARRY MASOn and CHERYL).
Archetype
The Silent Hill series is great. I loved the first one, even if it was a little bit lacking on weapon variety, and game play value. The second one was brilliant. It's just one of those games that you don't want to play home alone, haha.

But yeah, Silent Hill 2 really roped me in and showed me how much potential this series really had. I'm not sure if it was in 1 or 2, but that Zodiac puzzle at the end was next to impossible, and I never finished it. I think that was one.

Silent Hill 3 was amazing. Such eerie scenery, and a cold feel to the game. I love it. When a game can alter your perception of where you think you are, that's pretty damn good.

And as for Silent Hill 4, I rented it a while back, but never really progressed too far. The puzzles from what I saw were really good, and it's odd how I just kept going through that hole in the bathroom wall over and over again. Haha, I may have to rent that again now. Wink
rayx
I hope that the SILENT HILL 5 show again the whole town where you explore some new place in Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 4 is just like THE RING when you going through the hole in the bathroom. Unique but not as great as of the previous Silent Hill series.
sugarbox
8)Silent Hill series are great games.
The story is excited.
I love it.
rayx
There is also a PSP Silent Hill Games. It is called Silent Hill Origin or Silent Hill Zero. What is the story of this game all about. Can it explain what is the theory behind the mystery of the town !?
ItsWesley
I have played all of the main Silent hill games aside from 3, and I would say the second is best, although it takes me ages to complete each of them because they are scary!
The movie was great though, I liked it a lot, maybe they'll even make sequals...
rayx
SILENT HILL 5

Silent Hill 5 (working title) will be the seventh installment in the survival horror series. Although not much is known about the latest installment, it is speculated to be released either later this year or early 2007 following the release of the Sony PlayStation 3. It has now been revealed by Konami that Silent Hill 5 will also be released for the Xbox 360. However, the game's development and exact platform release wasn't officially confirmed at the 2006 E3, but could still be unveiled at the Microsoft X06 videogame trade show in Spain or the Tokyo Game Show later this year in September.

Known Details

While very little has been officially confirmed, chief designer of Silent Hill 5, Masashi Tsuboyama announced the game's development in a 2004 interview with Eurogamer. Tsuboyama-san first clarified rumours that it wasn't going to be called 'Shadows of the Past' as previously reported from one website. In the same interview, he stated that Konami wasn't sure which next-generation console it will be put out on but mentioned that it will be the best one, "be it PS3, be it Xbox360... It won't be on the current consoles." Since then, it has been revealed that Silent Hill 5 will be released for the Xbox 360, although there are rumors that a Playstation 3 version is still in development.

During an episode of The Electric Playground (date currently unknown), Tommy Tallarico asked a developer about Silent Hill 5 who responded with, "It's a good time to be a Silent Hill fan," and the interview ended. There was a segment about the franchise shortly after, and it was stated that the title would be released on both current and next-gen consoles, yet it was unspecified which consoles they were. The mention of current consoles contradicts the statement made Masashi Tsuboyama who reported that the fifth installment wouldn't be available on them.

In several interviews, Akira Yamaoka has revealed some information regarding the fifth release. He hinted at a return to the psychological roots that were present in Silent Hill 2 and that the team was interested in setting the game's atmosphere in a sunny environment gone wrong. Yamaoka has commented that the game might not even be called Silent Hill 5, possibly indicating that Konami will scrap the numerical title and settle for a subtitle. Director of the movie adaptation Christophe Gans has also stated in various interviews that the fifth Silent Hill game is in development.

credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill_5
m_furquan36
I really enjoyed silent hill 2...really cant say the others really hit me like 2 did but they are cool to i guess Smile
Bourgondier
Silent hill 3 is the best I think...
jimbluey
yea. this games is better than resident evil.
but the only silent hill i played is 1 and 2.
so the best for me is 2.
ElementZero
Didn't played at the 3 but for sure the best one was the first.
It was creepy and scary, i used to play in late night and with the damn radio sound (or the ww siren) it was really good, better than resident evil

I liked the 4 chapter of Silent Hill due to the new style of Gameplay and it was really paranoic.

Ah yes, they did a movie titled (guess?) Silent hill. And it takes back the story of Silent hill
trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O9OcKI41sQ
Osprey
Both 3 and 4 were great! I liked 3 because it was free roaming like the 1st two, and 4 since it had a much creepier tone to it. The way your apartment kept changing and getting invaded kept me on the edge of my seat, I'm not sure what was more scary, going through the hole or coming back to the apartment.
juliox
I really like silent hill even if i have not finished one of them, but i like the plot of the games, i also like RE games, but is someone to decide between RE and SH ill go for SH, most of the people that i know they are really into the Re games, they say that the SH games are a bit slow, but it all depends on what people likes to play...SH RULEZ...
Jeff_vella_leone
rayx wrote:
I really like this game, and this better than the REsident Evil games.
What do you think of this game by KONAMI ! Cool

well i played my first silent hill on the PS it was good though a little cofusing , i was still a kid at that time
then i played silent hill 3 and it was good i liked it never played the second one in the poll so i cant say which one is better :S
kkzone
my first ever horror game is silent hill 2...i still enjoy playing the game..the climax is dual..which is unique part of the game.
ltbennett
silent hill 3 is kool its the only one i have played so its the only view i got
rayx
Silent Hill Origin or Silent Hill Zero a working title that will be played on Sony PSP. I think this game will be a prequel for the previous SILENT HILL SERIES.

SILENT HILL ORIGIN TEASER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWfQiSKplw&search=Silent%20Hill%20Origin

SILENT HILL ORIGIN DEVELOPER INTERVIEW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_zDsjJpNI&NR
Octaeder
I did enjoy the first silent hill but, as with all survival horror games, I just never completed it. It's not like I'm bad at them or anything, I just have a tendency to get bored and play something else... I have a short attention span.

That said I am desperate to actually complete Forbidden Siren... Not touched it in three months though.