FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


TOS Question





Rad Ultima 2
Hello there!

I was reading the TOS over again and didn't quite understand what this part meant. Could I get some more information on it? Sorry for not asking it earlier...

"The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website."

What exactly is a regular banner blocker? Like it blocks the ads on your forum from our computer when we read? Sorry, I guess I'm not too technical when it comes to this stuff...

Regards,
-Rad
Daniel15
Rad Ultima 2 wrote:
"The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website."

What exactly is a regular banner blocker? Like it blocks the ads on your forum from our computer when we read? Sorry, I guess I'm not too technical when it comes to this stuff...

A banner blocker is like the 'AdBlock' addon for FireFox. Basically, it's an addon that blocks all ads, including Google AdSense, and the Chitka ads at the top of this forum. They are not allowed here as the ads help to pay for the cost of running the web servers (which isn't cheap)
Rad Ultima 2
daniel15 wrote:
Rad Ultima 2 wrote:
"The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website."

What exactly is a regular banner blocker? Like it blocks the ads on your forum from our computer when we read? Sorry, I guess I'm not too technical when it comes to this stuff...

A banner blocker is like the 'AdBlock' addon for FireFox. Basically, it's an addon that blocks all ads, including Google AdSense, and the Chitka ads at the top of this forum. They are not allowed here as the ads help to pay for the cost of running the web servers (which isn't cheap)


Oh, alright. Thanks a lot for your reply. I use Firefox and Norton, and see two or three ads on the page, so I guess I have nothing to worry about here. Razz
Marston
daniel15 wrote:
A banner blocker is like the 'AdBlock' addon for FireFox. Basically, it's an addon that blocks all ads, including Google AdSense, and the Chitka ads at the top of this forum. They are not allowed here as the ads help to pay for the cost of running the web servers (which isn't cheap)
Are you even able to identify who is and isn't using an ad blocker?
Bondings
Marston wrote:
Are you even able to identify who is and isn't using an ad blocker?

No we aren't. And even if we would be able to do it, we wouldn't anyway.
Related topics
I Have a question . Is it the server support Chinese?
TOS is currently down
Question before requesting free hosting
question abt posts/mth
TOS Question
What counts as "any type of IRC"? - TOS question
Question
Question: TOS vs MP3.. clarify please...
A question about the TOS
question about the TOS
Do external link Exchange and bandwidth limit voilate TOS?
TOS Articles C) 16
question about the ToS
Question concerning warnings?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.