FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My cpanel not showing correct bandwidth!

djcaution
Hi my bandwidth has shown 65Mb in my cpanel all month, and I know as a fact that a number of people have downloaded the rather large mp3s I have on my site. I really want to know how many times my newest one has been downloaded this month can you fix it or at least let me know how many times it's been downloaded or what my bandwidth is at?
wumingsden
djcaution wrote:
Hi my bandwidth has shown 65Mb in my cpanel all month, and I know as a fact that a number of people have downloaded the rather large mp3s I have on my site. I really want to know how many times my newest one has been downloaded this month can you fix it or at least let me know how many times it's been downloaded or what my bandwidth is at?

First of all, you have DirectAdmin.
Second of all, to update the stats login to your DA ---> Site Summary / Statistics / Logs ---> Update
djcaution
My bad I thought direct admin and cpanel were the same thing sorry..
but clicking update doesnt update the bandwidth reading. It still just says 65 (69 to be exact but thats irrelevant). The disk usage is correct..not the bandwidth as shown in the screenshot taken after clicking update.
Blaster
Well really i wouldn't worry about it now. You have more then a enough. But what does it say on the main page. Is it the same amount. Click on details and see what that has to say.
djcaution
I have come to the conclusion that it is only showing my upload bandwidth and no download whatsoever. The details just show the details for any uploading I've done. Thats pretty bunk that I cant see that months bandwidth I was really wanting to know that. I'm not worried about running out I'm wanting to know how well my new mix did as far as people downloading it from the site goes. If this is truly unfixable that would be retarded. Confused
wumingsden
djcaution wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that it is only showing my upload bandwidth and no download whatsoever. The details just show the details for any uploading I've done. Thats pretty bunk that I cant see that months bandwidth I was really wanting to know that. I'm not worried about running out I'm wanting to know how well my new mix did as far as people downloading it from the site goes. If this is truly unfixable that would be retarded. Confused

Well, isn't the bandwidth reset every month ? I think it is and if I'm correct then in 1 days time it'll be set back to zero.

Also, ever thought of adding a download counter to your downloads ?

Just a thought .....
Traveller
wumingsden wrote:
Well, isn't the bandwidth reset every month ? I think it is and if I'm correct then in 1 days time it'll be set back to zero.

Just for clarification, does it reset based upon the calendar month, or based upon the day of the month upon which the account was created?
Daniel15
Traveller wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Just for clarification, does it reset based upon the calendar month, or based upon the day of the month upon which the account was created?

I believe it resets based on the calendar month. This is a lot easier for the server to do (it just resets everyone at once Smile)
garionw
Daniel15 wrote:
Traveller wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

I believe it resets based on the calendar month. This is a lot easier for the server to do (it just resets everyone at once Smile)

I think it is calendar, I signed up around the 17th and at the 1 I get my Bandwidth reset.

Either that or it tales 13 days to process Smile