FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site crashes

plantacja
Hi there, iv got a little problem.

My site crashes very often.

It says that is connection timeout.. and the page is not loading. After about 10-15 sec u can load it.

A have simple phpbb forum.. (only 47 tables). I dont think its forum fault cos another my forym has the same crashes.

Heres a link to it:

http://www.heroonline.frih.net/phpprzemo/index.php

And its not only me who have this crashes but other ppl 2.

Can any1 know what cuold be a cause of this?
wumingsden
plantacja wrote:
Hi there, iv got a little problem.

My site crashes very often.

It says that is connection timeout.. and the page is not loading. After about 10-15 sec u can load it.

A have simple phpbb forum.. (only 47 tables). I dont think its forum fault cos another my forym has the same crashes.

Heres a link to it:

http://www.heroonline.frih.net/phpprzemo/index.php

And its not only me who have this crashes but other ppl 2.

Can any1 know what cuold be a cause of this?

Every hour apache restarts. This may cause some sites to be down for up to 30 seconds.
dac_nip
why do the apache server needs to be restartarted that often? is it a good practice?
wumingsden
dac_nip wrote:
why do the apache server needs to be restartarted that often? is it a good practice?

To free up memory
SpellcasterDX
Yes, this happens on my site often too. But just wait a few seconds, and then refresh the page and it should be working again. But what I'm curious about is, why does Apache restart every hour for?

EDIT: Woops. My post came in late. lol
How does restarting Apache save memory?
dac_nip
wumingsden wrote:
dac_nip wrote:

To free up memory

why is the cache that huge? then it can be set to certain limits right? what other reasons?
Bondings
Well the problem is that every time I remove the hourly restarting, apache crashes within a week. And if that happens by night, it might take a good while before I notice and fix it. I might try to put it every 2 or 3 hours.
plantacja
So now apache might crashes any time right?

On my site its not on every hour when apache restarts.but its very often..like every 10-15 minutes for about 10 seconds.
SpellcasterDX
plantacja wrote:
So now apache might crashes any time right?

On my site its not on every hour when apache restarts.but its very often..like every 10-15 minutes for about 10 seconds.

Perhaps it's cause your site has too many images, or too much stuff on it? Stuff that overloads the server a bit?
Bondings
Plantacja, it might be your forum configuration rather than the server.