FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you imagine Quebec province in Canada?

XSTG
Hello to all frihosters,

I was pretty tired of hearing people telling stupidities on Quebec... so I ask here. "How do you imagine Quebec province in Canada?"

Do you imagine it with a lot of trees, big industries and fat guys?
Do you imagine it with indians that live in tents and hunt animals...?

Yeah! Tell me that and I'll note the thought that is the most shared by all people... (i don't know if it's gonna be good Razz)

P.S.: If you have already come to Quebec, please don't tell the others how it is Razz
wumingsden
XSTG wrote:
Hello to all frihosters,

I was pretty tired of hearing people telling stupidities on Quebec... so I ask here. "How do you imagine Quebec province in Canada?"

Do you imagine it with a lot of trees, big industries and fat guys?

Yeah! Tell me that and I'll note the thought that is the most shared by all people... (i don't know if it's gonna be good Razz)

P.S.: If you have already come to Quebec, please don't tell the others how it is Razz

My mothers friend moved to Montreal 2 years ago and my mother went to visit her last month, I couldn't go because I couldn't get health insurance Sad
My mum said that it was really nice, and that she thought that she was somewhere like California, (a bustling city). Apparantly they have excellent properties at an even excellent rate, she wants to buy a home over there.. Since the visit my mother has been in contact with the Citizens Advice Bureau (a place where UK residents can get free advice) about a Green Card. Apparantly its like a medical certificate although nothing has been achieved yet. Do you know anything about the so-called "Green Card" ?
XSTG
I don't know the green card, but your description's quite the good one I want to hear Razz

I know the "sun card" (Carte soleil) and it's really fantastic... you have that in quebec and all health services are free... (but taxes are a little higher)

so when you're hurt and you need to be in a hospital, all's free.

Yeah, .... I love quebec.
silvermesh
XSTG wrote:

I should hope not. I have a friend who lives up there and he and i bought a computer from a shop up there for a mutual friend of ours. I should hope it wasn't put together by fur trappers.

He didn't speak french last i knew, but he was trying to learn because he said the french girls were hot Wink
XSTG
silvermesh wrote:

He didn't speak french last i knew, but he was trying to learn because he said the french girls were hot Wink

L-O-L...

Yeah, well some people do really think like I wrote int he main subject... unbelivable but true!
alkady
Quebec isnt what it's describe on TV and all that, For a fact I live in Quebec and never have I seem anyone speak Franglais (French-English) nor have I ever seen people have this obsesion for Poutine.

And Indians do live in traditional teepee, Just not the entire year. Most Natives live in Houses most of the year and they do hunt their animals, Just not as often as their forefathers did.
XSTG
alkady wrote:
Quebec isnt what it's describe on TV and all that, For a fact I live in Quebec and never have I seem anyone speak Franglais (French-English) nor have I ever seen people have this obsesion for Poutine.

And Indians do live in traditional teepee, Just not the entire year. Most Natives live in Houses most of the year and they do hunt their animals, Just not as often as their forefathers did.

I meant that some people think we all live like this, I respect indians calm down Smile
coolclay
I can't stand Quebec, why can't you just be like the rest of Canada, and speak english all the time. Whats the point in speaking 2 languages, when you could only speak one. I have been in central Quebec, and up there some people don't know any english, it is hard to find people to talk to. I usually just go to Ontario now, its a lot easier to speak only english.

I also think Quebec should form its own country, I mean you guys are so much different then all the rest of Canada. Its too bad the referendum a bunch of years back didn't go through.
karysky
I'm from Quebec, but I consider myself from Canada too. I don't want Quebec to become a country of its own!

As for the fat thing, we've got one of the lowest fat percentage in Canada, so I'm pretty damn proud, especially knowing our "poutine obsession" like someone mentionned Wink
AndiMac
I don't know how many Canadians are on this forum, but I see trouble ahead. It's a rare day when a discussion about Quebec doesn't lead to heated feelings and name-calling. I'm totally new on Frihost, so maybe things here will be different, but that's been my experience on several other forums.

Anyways, I've been to Quebec, having travelled with my family up and down the Gaspé Pennisula, along with Montreal and Quebec City. It was years ago, but I still have a fair idea about the place.
i-morgan
coolclay wrote:
I can't stand Quebec, why can't you just be like the rest of Canada, and speak english all the time. Whats the point in speaking 2 languages, when you could only speak one.

Don't be so close-minded. It's great to speak more then one language.
GProject
i-morgan wrote:
coolclay wrote:
I can't stand Quebec, why can't you just be like the rest of Canada, and speak english all the time. Whats the point in speaking 2 languages, when you could only speak one.

Don't be so close-minded. It's great to speak more then one language.

It certainly is - I just wish my French was up to standard!

I've never been to Quebec, but I did live in Vancouver for a year. Fantastic place - I had the time of my life there & I can't wait to go back.
nilsmo
I haven't been in Quebec, but I did a French project on it. I checked out some beautiful Flickr ( www.flickr.com ) photos on it.

Quebec has two cities, Montreal and Quebec City. Montreal has a largerr area with tall buildings and a night life.

Quebec has more historical stuff about it.

Most of Quebec is just nature, though.

There's also Indian reservations of course. Wink So it depends where you are in Quebec.
Scotty Too Hotty
i live in new brunswick which borders with Quebec. (Its southernly brethern. It works. Its a good place. The french can get annopying (even though i do speak french) but it is a nice place to live. even though i wouldnt be able to live there.