FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP Help please

Garethm1976
Hi all, please forgive me if this is covered somewhere I have searched but I am not really sure what it is Confused All it is I have moved my website from blueyonder host to here, a few things that I had on the blueyonder site now don't work, i.e. Guest Counter and Mailer. This hasnt bothered me as much, as I have done a search on Google and found a thing called M8Bcounter in php, I think I have followed the instructions correctly but for some reason the guest counter will not show on my website.

This is the code on my index.html that I have inserted the guest counter in <?php include ./M8Bcounter/M8Bcounter.php; ?>

I have a folder in my public_html folder named M8Bcounter which contains M8Bcounter.php have I forgotton anything if not why will the guest counter not show on my web page ?

Now this is the first time I have EVER looked at php so I am really unsure what I am doing (the best way to learn is to try and suss it out then ask for help I beleive)

Thanks in advance and I hope you can understand the above Confused Shocked
wumingsden
Garethm1976 wrote:
Hi all, please forgive me if this is covered somewhere I have searched but I am not really sure what it is Confused All it is I have moved my website from blueyonder host to here, a few things that I had on the blueyonder site now don't work, i.e. Guest Counter and Mailer. This hasnt bothered me as much, as I have done a search on Google and found a thing called M8Bcounter in php, I think I have followed the instructions correctly but for some reason the guest counter will not show on my website.

This is the code on my index.html that I have inserted the guest counter in <?php include ./M8Bcounter/M8Bcounter.php; ?>

I have a folder in my public_html folder named M8Bcounter which contains M8Bcounter.php have I forgotton anything if not why will the guest counter not show on my web page ?

Now this is the first time I have EVER looked at php so I am really unsure what I am doing (the best way to learn is to try and suss it out then ask for help I beleive)

Thanks in advance and I hope you can understand the above Confused Shocked

Firstly I find it a lot better when I use the following format:

Code:

<?php
include("./M8Bcounter/M8Bcounter.php");
?>

instead of
Code:
<?php include ./M8Bcounter/M8Bcounter.php; ?>

(notice the code changes)

To solve the problem rename index.html to index.php. php will only work in a .php file.
b4r4t
Quote:
<?php include('./M8Bcounter/M8Bcounter.php'); ?>

That will work Smile
Philip
and u need to check also,
it;s work using text file counter or databases ?

and if u change server, u need to setup that again