FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clear Firefox search cache

Talk2Tom11
I was wondering if there was a way to clear the cache that is made in firefox when you search for something... For example... anything i have ever searched for in google comes up in a drop down menu whenever i am at a textbox on a website... as well as any username i ever typed in. Is there anyway to clean this cache?
wumingsden
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
I was wondering if there was a way to clear the cache that is made in firefox when you search for something... For example... anything i have ever searched for in google comes up in a drop down menu whenever i am at a textbox on a website... as well as any username i ever typed in. Is there anyway to clean this cache?

Tools ---> Options ---> Privacy ---> Settings...
Petee
To make it that it won't remember that stuff again after you've cleared it, go to Tools>Options>Privacy, then go under the Saved Forms tab. Uncheck the box. You can also clear it from that tab too, if you haven't already.
Talk2Tom11
One more question... if i clear that... will that also cleared the saved forums that i have where it automatically fills in my username and password for saved websites?
wumingsden
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
One more question... if i clear that... will that also cleared the saved forums that i have where it automatically fills in my username and password for saved websites?

It depends on what you tick that you want cleared (I think). I am a bit of a n00b when it comes to FF.
Ratman2050
Ok First go to Tools>>Clear Private Data OR go and type on your keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to open that menu. Afterwards it should show you a few options click or unclick the ones you want or not. I hope that helped. Any questions ask me!
Petee
As long as you hit "remember" whenever Firefox asks when you first put in a username or password it should keep them saved. I'm pretty sure the Firefox stores usernames and passwords separatly from other form information. I have my Firefox set to not save form info, but it still keeps my usernames and passwords if I hit remember. Just make sure that if you do clear the private data that Saved Passwords isn't checked, because then you will lose them all.

Hope this is helpful to you! Very Happy